Wheel Experts - Need Help Please | FerrariChat

Wheel Experts - Need Help Please

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by poljav, Nov 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    I'm going to be looking at a set, of what I believe are OEM Bachetta wheels, is there a quick way to tell if indeed OEM or not? As far my research goes, Barchetta's were never replicated or "faked". Anyone knows differently please chime in. Sorry no pictures. I've seen the markings on the OEM pictures, but those are easily faked if indeed faked. Thanks in advance.

2. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Just look up the OEM Barchetta part numbers for front & rear wheels. They will be on the inside/backside of each wheel.

3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    You don't trust the seller? My 456M came with Barchetta wheels. Nobody has made copies, that I am aware of.

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    there are some chinese versions but i wouldnt say they are close... but then we are all ferrari enthusiasts... an newb might be tricked

5. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Will do exactly that.

Its not that I don't trust, they might not know as well, price is really good, so even if not so good condition and if OEM, I'll definitely buy.

That's what concerns me, I not sure I"ll be able to pick up on some of the small details in my excitement.

Thanks guys. Much Appreciated. I am now more confident than yesterday. Off I go.

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    On the Chinese Modular Wheels that look like 550/575 modulars, widths are 7.5" and 10" and they are 19" wheels. Real 550 modulars are 18" and 8.5" F, 10.5" R. Plus the bolts for the modular piece on the outside of the Chinese wheels are fake. You should be able to spot them pretty easily.

7. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Good to know. Thanks Terry. The wheels are 8.5 and 10.5 and have all the correct markings. I'll post pictures once I get them cleaned up.

F456M likes this.