Wheel poll | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Wheel poll

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by buddyg, Oct 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What color for the wheels

1. Leave as is

52 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paint Gloss Black to match the roof

37 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. Paint Satin Black

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Why do you think that is? Is it because of long wait times? I find it interesting as many have talked the F8 down as a production car yet they are being sold over? And the Pista being sold MSRP or sometimes even under.

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Because it's new and not many available. This wont be the case for too long. Lots of people out there that want the latest and willing to pay.

Shadowfax likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Exactly my thoughts. However, it won't be for, at least a year, if not more. But I don't know really... Because the upcoming V6 Turbo Hybrid isn't of my liking... Not sure how many purists would go after it. Maybe it will capture new blood. I think the ICE NA and then Turbo will hold some value in wake of the new technology. I know I am not wasting my time on that. Ferrari was never known or expected to become this. But company that doesn't adjust with the times becomes extinct. Sadly and maybe, this is Ferrari's last breaths. Can anyone imagine Ferrari being totally electric?

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I dont think this will happen for a very long time if ever. I can see where they and others might have an electric and other option.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Delivery times for F8 is 12- 18 months. Many buyers, especially new ones to Ferrari, are impatient and want the car now and are prepared to pay a premium for that privilege.

GT2goneF and Gh21631 like this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I see. Well, again. I consider myself lucky. Mine will take 7-8 months (with COVID shutdown) from allocation deposit to expected delivery.

7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I wish I was as optimistic as you. I am hoping that the new synthetic fuels with low to zero emissions really hit it off. I have ben tempted to invest in some but I see the future being very bleak. Unfortunately, the damage to ICE has been done, the seed was planted and it is being continuously watered and fertilized to make sure it dies. I am not giving up my ICE vehicles but it seems it's on it's very much on its way to extinction., but I am just one of a very few.

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Exactly.
    Coincid pulling the ripcord is no surprise. The noise only helped him with the timing. 2021 would turn his F8 a year older plus it can be tough getting out so late in the year so hes worked the F8 market nicely to his advantage. I tip my hat to him. The 765 will be much more up his alley.

Gh21631 and Coincid like this.
  10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    You are no longer ignored . Welcome back.The stars all aligned as I had hoped and anxiously awaiting the 765.

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #86 Shadowfax, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    lol. Too funny Coincid. I think deep down you always knew exactly where I was coming from.;):D It was my constant reminders which wore you out lol!

PS Congrats on the 765 btw. 2021 is just around the corner now and it'll be Christmas before you blink so you wont have much time to wait at all.

Coincid likes this.
  12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I am guessing your new avatar is a rendering of your car? More pics?

Coincid likes this.
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    What I did with the F8 I replicated with my 580-2 and 2 Performantes.

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada

Thanks.The timing worked out perfectly. Your constant reminders were the problem.

15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
  16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Beauty what is the name of that color?

17. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Nice black roof and black wheel combo LOL!

Coincid likes this.
  18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Color is Curaco Blue. Roof is high gloss black and carbon fibre. Wheels are high gloss black.

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Same color for me w/nardo orange calipers + Senna seats and most carbon ext options. Seems to be a very popular spec.

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Have you seen the nardo orange car in person? The colour seemed less orange and more of a coral to me.... especially the calipers for some reason. Almost a pinkish hue. Another person looking at the car made the same remark.

Also, the burnt orange interior seems to be a different colour than nardo, so the calipers and interior accents wouldn’t be matching.

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #99 Shadowfax, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Yes this is why I stayed with the mclaren orange stitch as it at least matches the mclaren orange calipers. It appears a case where either a different color caliper or trim color is required as neither the burnt or nardo orange match. I do like the burnt orange interior accents around the dash but the orange on the door trims is a bit excessive imo. It would have been good to have the option of keeping the orange dash accents and lose some of the orange on the door trims. Here's a pic I was shown, showing someones custom MSO trim selection using the orange. Thoughts? I think it looks very nice. I'm not sure how much that all costed. Probably wasn't cheap. Too late for me to change now - I selected the mclaren orange stitch with the matching mc orange calipers. May pay for you to investigate this one @Coincid if you still have the time as it will match the Mc orange calipers.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That thing looks fast even standing still. Looks a lot better than the 720s, bolder and more aggressive. Sorta like the GT2 RS equivalent of McLaren.

Coincid likes this.