Wheel Re-Finishing / Repair - 575M | FerrariChat

Wheel Re-Finishing / Repair - 575M

Discussion in 'Florida' started by rgm35, Apr 26, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rgm35

rgm35 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    Valley Forge, Naples
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I am looking for recommendations for a company that can re-finishing / repair the OEM 19 inch 3-piece wheels on my 575M.

I have someone in Pennsylvania that can handle but given I generally keep the car in Naples, Florida I would prefer having the work done down here.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can offer.

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
  3. rgm35

rgm35 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    Valley Forge, Naples
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks Duane. Are you recommending them based on personal experience you’ve had with them?

4. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Yes, my own and others here on the board. They used to pick up and deliver to the SE FL area, it's worth a call to see what they would charge to do the same in Naples.

328PWC likes this.
  5. rgm35

rgm35 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    Valley Forge, Naples
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thank you, Duane. I much appreciate the information and will reach out to them.

GatorFL likes this.
  6. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    I have also used Turbax in the past, recommended to me by Duane. They did a great job and would also recommend them.

GatorFL likes this.
  7. rgm35

rgm35 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    Valley Forge, Naples
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I spoke with Turbax Wheel Corp. this morning. They told me they do not repair 3-piece wheels. Initially, their opinion was that 3-piece wheels should be replaced and not repaired. When I told them they were Ferrari OEM wheels they then cautioned me on whom to use should the wheels need to be disassembled. They had no recommendations.

The repair I am looking for is strictly curb rash. The refinishing I am looking for is to bring them back to "like new" condition cosmetically.

Any recommendations on whom to use for this would be greatly appreciated.

GatorFL likes this.
  8. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    https://wheelsdoctor.com/ I used Wheels Doctor in Miami to repair some nasty curb rash and deep edge gouges on my Cali T wheels after I slid it off a cobblestone drive in the rain. The repairs are now undetectable a year later.

9. rgm35

rgm35 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    Valley Forge, Naples
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks for the information Paul. I will reach out to them in the coming weeks to find out about any reconditioning services they can provide on three piece wheels. I’m beginning to think that disassembly of them may not be the best route for refurbishing.

10. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    if they can be refinished without disassembly then by all means do NOT take them apart. a local guy here (WPB) was recommended by a few F chatters to me did ok work, but he no longer does it. sorry can't be of more help.

11. rgm35

rgm35 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    Valley Forge, Naples
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks Ara. If acceptable refinishing can be accomplished without disassembly so be it. Otherwise I will continue to look for alternatives.

12. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    PC, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Rick, I had Sports Car Tire in Wilmington, DE completely restore a spare set of 550 modular wheels several years ago and they did a great job. Maybe give them a call and see if they have any contacts in FL? Otherwise perhaps you can pull the wheels and send up to Wilmington if they still do that work?

13. rgm35

rgm35 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    Valley Forge, Naples
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks for the suggestion, Joe. We spend most of the summer in Valley Forge, PA so Wilmington is not that far from us. I was actually planning on driving the car up this summer but decided against it which is why I was looking for recommendations in Florida.