Wheel reconditioning - bolts - gaskets? - shinning | FerrariChat

Wheel reconditioning - bolts - gaskets? - shinning

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Ken Wilson, Aug 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ken Wilson

Ken Wilson Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    I need to recondition the wheels and maybe get new gaskets? but for sure new bolts and shine back the wheels to their original condition.
    I tried to find the same bolts on the web and it's very difficult. I need an expert who can take care of these wheels and bring them back to a great condition. As you can see from the pics they are oxidized and the wheels don't look as good.
    Any help, advice/direction will be appreciated.
    I bought the yellow TR used so I don't even know if these are the original wheels from Ferrari.
    Thank you!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    Those wheels are not stock Ferrari TR wheels. They are HRE 505's with Ferrari center locking nut. You can buy new bolts from alot of after market wheel houses. threepiecewheels.com, vrwheels.com, stanceworks.com etc. You just need to remove one bolt with a 12-point metric socket to know the length you need. No need to split the rim apart, any wheel polisher can bring those wheels back to life, and once polished think about powder coating clear on them or having them ceramic coated to protect them. You'd be amazed how great they'll look with just the new wheel bolts. Good luck, post pics of before and after for us all to see the results.

3. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Agreed no need to take them apart and there is no gasket. They are sealed with silicone caulk. Take one off, snap a photo and send it to threepiecewheels and they'll tell you what you need.
    Just take off a couple of bolts, place new bolts with blue thread lock and torque to spec. Continue until all are done.

Sent from my Galaxy

Ken Wilson likes this.
  4. Ken Wilson

Ken Wilson Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    Dear sir,
    Thank you soooooo much for your answer!! Will do and post pics when completed from before and after!
    Thank you!

5. Ken Wilson

Ken Wilson Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    Thank you sooo much for the advice!!

6. Ken Wilson

Ken Wilson Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    Thanks so much for the reply!

Is the threepiecewheels this one:?

https://www.threepiecewheels.com.au/

I'm located in sunny Florida!

The bolts are: 12 point bolt 5/16" x 18 length 1/4"

VERY difficult to find these bolts. Nobody had them from the previous posts. I also need them to be very very shiny!

7. Ken Wilson

Ken Wilson Rookie

Aug 9, 2014

Hello Friend,
    These - unfortunately are NOT HRE 505'S as they told me from the HRE factory! They look like but they are not.
    The bolt is: 12 point bolt 5/16" x 18 length 1/4"
    None of the store above has them. Very strange. As a 2nd owner of this tr I have no idea what kind of wheels are still...
    thanks!

8. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    I'm shocked to hear those are not HRE 505's. Can you tell me if they are 5-lug bolt pattern or single splined hub mount? if possible, can you remove one wheel and show a picture of the back of the wheel? This might help in determining who makes them.

9. sandreb

sandreb Karting

Feb 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sander B.
    Try boltdepot also as they have a huge selection of bolts. I recommend getthing the stainless ones.

10. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    I would call ARP, they make all types of custom hardware.