Wheel repair | FerrariChat

Wheel repair

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Arjun, Sep 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    My wife drove over a pothole this morning and bent one of the rear wheels of the M5 pretty badly (flat tire etc.). Can anyone recommend a shop in the Northern VA/DC/MD area that can fix a 19" wheel (its a Hamman PG3). I'm in Vienna, VA - is there anything shop closer to me than Ye Olde Wheel Shop or Wheel Worx (trying to avoid a 1 hour drive each way if possible)?

Thanks in advance!

2. Estoril Blue

Estoril Blue Karting

Jan 5, 2008
    I tried to use Wheel Refinisher (Annapolis) and cannot recommend them.

I have used Ye Olde Wheel Shoppe and was 100% satisfied with their work. The only down side is that they need the wheel for a several weeks (roughly 1 month backlog at the time). Rumor is that the backlog can be negotiated with the proper application of $.

3. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #3 barcheta, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  4. jjason981

jjason981 Rookie

May 8, 2006
    Philly Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Jason Fitzpatrick
    I do recommend Viking Wheel repair in Wilmington De. http://www.vikingwheel.com/

I've had several wheels fixed here and the service was great and the wheel looked and performed excellent!

Hope it helps.
    Jason

5. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    who ever you use, leave the driving to UPS or FedEx. It doesnt pay to deliver it yourself (distance dependant)

6. Jsuit

Jsuit Formula 3

Jul 12, 2005
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    John
    Wheel Worx in Glenburnie MD

Best around

7. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Thanks for the input guys. Think I'll just stick with Ye Olde Wheel Shoppe and figure out a way to get the wheel to them.

8. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Very good work and they are honest if they can fix the wheel or not. I would use them again.

9. maxwell22

maxwell22 Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    David M Nichols
    I'd love to hear of a good shop as well. I've got a set of 19's that need to be refinished. For what its worth, I took one of them to Ye Olde wheel shop with a slight flat spot on one of the lips from a pothole, and the wheel came back (after 4 weeks) in worse shape than when I dropped it off. They straightened out the lip, but it look like they used a hammer and chisel to do it. They then told me, I could refinish all 4 lips for $300. Just my experience there.

Hope you find a good shop!

10. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Are there any new options for wheel repair in the area?

Supposedly some place in Hagerstown that does wheel repair now?

Thanks,
    LSJ

11. 8339

8339 Karting

Oct 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Lash, Rim Renew will be at my show on the 7th, he's done performed some great work for me.

RG

12. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    +1

13. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
  14. drake123

drake123 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Drake
    Just recently I put 4 new tires on my CL550 4matic. When they balanced the wheels they said 2 were bent. I called AWRS and made an appointment. 2 days later Amanda shows up with her van at my business. She did the whole deal right there in my parking lot in an hour and recommended the wheels be re balanced. The tech that re balanced them said the wheels were 100% better. The cost was 150 per wheel to fix and 10 to balance each wheel. Total 320.