Wheels and Tires selection | FerrariChat

Wheels and Tires selection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Derekmson, Mar 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Derekmson

Derekmson Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 4, 2017
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Alfreda Powell
    How do you select wheels and tires

I'm looking for a set of wheels that can improve the majesty of my 348 but I don't know how to shop. I assume I want a 3 piece Forged aluminum since that seems to be all the rage but I'm not sure why. I would think that a critical paerameter of a high quality wheel would include performance charateristics such as flex under lateral load but I don't see any data regarding that. Is flex such a small risk that appearance is the only consideration?

Now Tires...I'm sure everyone has an opinion here. Since my car will not be driven during the winter months, I'll need summer only, High Performance, Z rated, sneakers. I'm real happy with the Continentals on my Audi but those are all season. The Factory P-Zero's on my Fcar suck. They break free without any warning and the right front has a "Hop" in it. They are fairly well worn so my opinion may be unwarranted. I've looked at a few and like the tread patterns on the Toyo Proxies. Any experiences out there?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There's loads of wheel and tire experience related to the 348 located in the 348 section so you're best off looking there

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Wheel manufacturers don't list this stuff because most customers would not be able to digest the information other than one number is bigger than another. The number you are looking for, however, is big enough--and big enough is dependent on how the wheel is used {Street, back road driving, race track, off road, off road racing,...}

Got to Tire Rack
    Select Tires
    Select By Performance category
    Select any of {Extreme performance, Max Performance, Ultra High Performance}
    Select any of the top 5 tires in any of those categories that fit your car

Done.

4. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    DefunctNeurons and unreelviper like this.