When are you a 'Millionaire'? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

When are you a 'Millionaire'?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Jan 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Pesos count!

2. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    what is that equivalent to, $5 USD? hehe

3. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Damn,
    Never had Cognac (is it sweet, bitter?). I've heard of it, actually though it cost more. Got this from Las Vegas Review Journal's Clarke site: . Poker ace Phil Ivey, buying a $13,000 bottle of Louis 13th cognac at hockey tough-guy Claude Lemieux's birthday party at Caramel.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Sure....Send me $49.99 and I'll show you the way to financial freedom!

5. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Will $499.99 get me a bigger slice? I can take out a loan...

C.

6. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Absolutely!!!

7. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I think the idea is, if you are truely independantly wealthy, you are no longer providing 'services' to anyone.

Except maybe loaning out your money. But how polite is the bank, really?

8. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I think with old money, you are a millionare if you are worth atleast 1m.

With new money and rappers and what not, its atleast 10 times the 1million.

Depends on how you spend it?

Millionares:
    I know the owner of Volcom and he still lives in his beach shack and drives his Volvo. And he's never been happier...

I also know the family of Scott Boras, and well... if you have a house worth $15m, 5 cars, a jet, 2 live-in maids, a personal family assistant, then you are happy. Right? Not always the case...

Whatever you make it to be...

9. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Nonono, don't say Louis "thirteenth"...you gotta make it sound more pretentious...say "treize" or whatever the hell it is in French ;)

10. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Do you mean Mario Lemieux?

Hockey players are infamous and unlimited in their potential to ring up a bar tab.. I spent three hours going through 36k in charges last year --one party, four hours.

Push whatever high-end liquour you can in front of them. They'll buy.

C.

11. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    2 Different guys, Claude and Mario.
    Now their parties have to be 24% less extravagant! ;)

12. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    To feel like a millionare is a subjective thing. My notion is 50 mil is assets and up today. That way you could have a 5 mil house and a 1 mil boat and 1 mil in cars and 2or 3 mil in personals and still have 40 mil working to support you. The house goes up, the boat goes down in value. The 40 mil at 7% net you 2.8 mil a year in an average year and that's being a millionare. You pay your living expenses out of the 2.8. If you want a new car or boat , no sweat. You can travel, pay 100k in property taxes, 1 mil to uncle sam, 25k for insurance, about 100k/yr in home and boat upkeep. You still have money to pay for college for you family and your nephews too (any relative). Donate 100k in charity/yr. Pay expenses for the club, whatever that is.

13. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah

Million a year or more in income is a true millionaire after all liabilities are paid.

14. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Just copied it from the Norm Clarke guy. Of course, its the same guy who totally twisted the Ferrari mess-up at Wynn.

Aren't their differnet "levels" of Louis XXIII, like Captain Morgan has. They have the regular Rum, and a "special reserves" rum that is more expensive. What is cognac exactly? Why is this one so expensive?

Personally, I think having an a net worth of atleast $50 million is the "truly" rich. $30 million is alot, but it's easy to blow through on the luxurious things. Also, alot of the private jet owners (and not the small, rinky-dinky jets-but the luxury jets, the LearJets, Gulfstreams, ect), usually have a net worth of atleast $50 million. I'm not sure how much it costs to fly a private jet (fuel, flight crew, maintance, landing and hanger fees), but it can't be cheap.

15. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Sad thing with alot of celebrities and rappers, they aren't worth $10 million with expect of a few big-time people. They spend it as fast as they get.

Scott Boras? Name sounds familiar, but can't piece it together. Is it his family that isn't happy or him. Think people who earn the money, are generally more happier and can enjoy money more so, but not to the point of it being the "key of happiness"?

16. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    I've always figured you could tell how rich someone was by how expensive their tombstone is...

17. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Right there with ya Tim!

18. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    My question would be then, how many "millionaires" can live without worrying about money, or are overextending themselves and will lose the money when they hit retirement? Also, how does the dollar's value have an impact?

19. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    $4000 an hour for ACIM for a Guflstream V SP

Aircraft Crew Insurance Maintenance