When Ferraris Break | Page 4 | FerrariChat

When Ferraris Break

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TooTimidAndCheap, May 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #76 308 milano, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Thank you! Was getting to be kind of boring around here. With this statement, can probably assume a big helping of F-chat Whip Azz headed your way. :)
    Owning a fleet of rental exotics is no different then applying for any business loan through your lender. If you don't think Rentals get abused then you're simply delusional. What would make in entertaining video is to equip these Cars with cameras. $3000 day? When I was in Paris a few months ago you could rent a Lamborghini for $650 a day.

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Well.. Actually my car has 56,000 miles+ and Ive put more than 5000 miles on it. So.. Yeah I DO have an idea what ACTUAL use and ownership is like.

And yes... Use by rentals is NOT equivalent to private ownership. It holds true with a Camry and with a Ferrari.

One of the greatest lessons in life is knowing when someone is a showman drama queen full of ****, and when youre getting accurate information. This is one of those lessons. You need to learn that when someone has a YouTube channel that drives traffic to their buisiness, you're probably not getting accurate information. To be clear.. In this case you're not.

3. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    Not a cop. Just somebody that doesn't appreciate ****** bags that are reckless with other people on the road. I'm not afraid of guns as I've been around them my entire life and I don't live in the 1880's old west, or Southside Chicago. Also, a guy that had his best friend killed 25 years ago by a kid showing off in his dad's ZR1 Corvette. I'm judging you based on your statements of "quick " driving, and entitlement to ignore speed limits and "slow" traffic. Why do I get the feeling I'm talking to an unpopular teenager with a parent purchased Audi he likes to show off his driving skill in?

4. Braces

Braces Karting

Mar 24, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    I belong to many car forums. In the morning ... Ferrarichat is the 1st forum I lurk on. You guys ALWAYS have the most interesting threads (drama) of any forum. And I mean that in a good way.

Please continue while I drink my coffee.

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Once can choose any make of any model in the world and cherrypick it's deficiency (s) and then say "when xxx break...."

6. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012
    +1

Only here do you get both sides of every argument from the well reasoned contributors
    above the clouds and...below the dirt?

7. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    #82 TooTimidAndCheap, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Looks more like $2000 a day, but with miles and extras, that adds up.
    https://www.gothamdreamcars.com/exotic-car-rental/search/las-vegas/05-28-2016/05-29-2016
    No, I have no affiliation with this company, so save it.

A benefit of higher prices is weeding out riff raff.
    So, this guy's fleet is probably less abused than low rent alternatives.

If you've driven it 5000 miles, you've driven it the equivalent of 4 months of daily commuting.

It's foolish and paranoid to think this guy made up the tail light issue to drive traffic to his business.
    If he were going to lie, don't you think he's make up something a bit more click-bait worthy?
    When FERRARI's BLOW UP!!!
    When FERRARI's get you insta-SEX with MODELS!!!

No, he is talking about when FERRARI TAIL LIGHTS GET LOOSE!!!
    Either he's the worst marketer on the planet, or he is simply reporting his actual experiences.

Let's step back and reassess the silliness of this debate.
    The guy's premise is "F-cars break more often than Hondas".

8. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
  9. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    So you don't know how to research my cars simply looking at my profile, or maybe looking at posts made in relevant model threads..... Yeah, I'm an Audi driving teenager... Not.... In fact, can't remember ever owning an Audi, but too 'accountant' for me. Try again, I think you may be attention seeking but each to his own

11. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    Thanks for the laugh. Self awareness isn't an issue with you.

12. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This thread has taken quite the turn

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Certainly has ace, some people are too self righteous for their own good

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Again.. You need to learn how to weed out the BS from the fact.

Not off to a good start. Ask private owners their experiences and go from there.

15. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    #90 360+Volt=Prius, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Phase 1 - aspire to own
    Phase 2 - own in awe
    Phase 3 - acclimate to ownership
    Phase 4 - find faults with marque
    Phase 5 - accept faults for love of marque

He may not be there yet, or the cars are just simply rental appliances and he's not feeling the love. I believe he does have a point with the reliability. There are many excellent points in this thread as to the reasons. I still love mine despite its faults.

16. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The problem is you're still on the road with stupid no matter how good you are. When you're doing 55 like the speed limit signs says, you have a chance to compensate for stupid (especially in these cars). If you're doing 130, you don't have time to do a damn thing.

I drive fast at times but I don't do it in any kind of traffic. I don't care how much you condone it, passing on the shoulder is dangerous. That part of the "road" isn't made to be driven on. More often than not there is loose gravel and trash on the shoulder at least where I live.

17. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What you are failing to realize if I was going to give a car hell, I would go rent his for $2,500 instead of mine and $2,500 isn't that much money.

In another video of his he put a challenge grill on a 360 and couldn't get it aligned. The connection for rear hatch wasn't made and it wouldn't go into gear. He just bypassed it because he couldn't make it work. In another he said he had the correct sized tires on the car. I can't remember the brand name but they do not offer tires for that 360. There are two "repairs" he's made that are not correct. He didn't name the video when I can't fix the car correctly Ferrari's break.

18. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo

Excellent points.

Couple of days ago driving through providence RI in a light rain in heavy stop and go traffic in my DD. An arse in a r8 spider quickly passed a bunch of cars on the right while driving up on the shoulder and cut off the guy in front of me. Came out of nowhere, and even startled me.

Initially got pissed, then recalled this thread and felt bad for the guy. He must feel he is entitled and invincible and probably took a race lesson or 2. I could see a new driver or elderly person instinctively reflex steering to left and side swiping another car. The r8 would be long gone and who would be considered at fault?

19. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo

Great detective work! Says a lot for how his cars are maintained.

20. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
  21. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #96 308 milano, May 15, 2016

22. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I remember in the early 90's when I lived in Houston. Some jackass decided to pass on the shoulder. He whipped over and accelerated right into the rear of car. Turns out a family had a flat so they pulled over to the shoulder (wow who would have thought). So a family of four died. Three in the car and the father on the grass side of the car changing his front tire. I don't give a damn who you are or what you say. Passing on the shoulder is never "SAFE". If you really try to argue that point you are either a troll or a moron. There is reason (at least in the states) emergency vehicles aren't supposed to pass a car on the right side.

23. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    but racing license.

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Who suggested I would pass on the shoulder? I've certainly never mentioned it.... You guys have great imagination. I simply use all the lanes available as and when safe, so if someone hogs the left, I'll use a right lane to go past, why wait ? (In the states of course, in the UK, switch for driving on the left)

25. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #100 308 milano, May 15, 2016
    Hey smart guy, One more observation. The renter that had the wheel/A arm just break off in rolling traffic and laughed it off. What happens if he was at speed on the Interstate? Certainly wouldn't have found humor in it then. That's like handing someone a potential death sentence and speaks volumes to how these cars are maintained and inspected after each renter's folly.