When Ferraris Break | Page 5 | FerrariChat

When Ferraris Break

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TooTimidAndCheap, May 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    3:11 is truly outrageous

2. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess I imagined it. Did you forget typing it or what?

3. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    You're just jealous of his mad driving skills. And his hair with the frosted tips.

4. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You did. Read your posts.

5. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    It was only when and not if daytona355 would make himself look silly with his stand on all this. Just as when you drive nuts on public roads its guaranteed that you will cause an accident.

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I was commenting on a video, I never said I pass on a shoulder..

7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I presume you realise that in the UK, we don't really have the traffic levels you do in general, and people seem to travel faster in general than the states. On our motorways (interstates) most travel at 60mph+, and the majority are in the region 80-90, despite limits of 70, as there is a very small population of cops compared to the US where they are every few yards it seems. most people see faster traffic behind them and move, so it's rare you need to go around them.

When you are looking at video of a road rally, why does it surprise people that they take some chances, hopefully reasonably thought out, in order to win the stage? As long as they don't crash, so what? If the cop misses out on the revenue from a ticket, so what?

You guys are getting real snippy over me saying that fast driving is fun, and that if it's done right, there's nothing wrong with it. Why shouldn't I have my own opinion?

I'm sure in your towns, every fast driver has a massive crash, so the 10mph speed limit is essential, but the videos of ferretti at the start of this thread were not filmed in rickenbacher town as far as I can see, so don't worry your pretty little heads, death and destruction was not on your local freeway

8. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think we've all said we drive fast at times and when traffic or lack there of allows. My issue has been with you basically saying passing on the should is ok if you're a good driver. That's just absurd and is a recipe for disaster.

I guess we all have our definition of what "fast" is.

9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Sure. Done right with minimal risk to the public I don't have any problem whatsoever with it.

Empty highway, nobody else on it.. dry conditions. There is no problem with pressing the pedal on the right.

But in traffic with other drivers on the road and passing on the right. If a person is driving fast.. in a manner like someone who is too stoopid to know that they are driving recklessly, or similar to someone too inexperienced to know that their driving is risky.. THAT doesn't sit well.

10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

11. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I've driven in England several times. you are accurate that the traffic flows a bit faster than in the USA. That can be fun. however traffic in London - is as snarled or worse than NYC or LA. driving in the country or on the Motorway is about the same as the USA, roads are a bit more narrow but that is about it. However as for police - yes, not as many around, but the Traffic Cameras - are EVERYWHERE. even in on remote roads down in Wessex or Kent... the only places I've found less cameras are either up in the highland of Scotland or over in Snowdonia / Wales... and not for long.

In stead of defending dangerous driving - that reflects on all exotic car owners... perhaps take a more circumspect stance. You are fortunate to own an exotic.. and get to use it closer to its limits... perhaps its wiser to refrain from bragging about doing this on the open road and saying that your superior car + Superior driving ability does not make you dangerous... that is the attitude that I believe rankles most ... you are confirming the worst habbits attributed to Ferrari owners / Exotic owners...

12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You get speed camera locations in sat navs these days, and there are traffic conditions that prevent exuberant driving. Driving quickly in itself though is NOT dangerous, it's the use of speed in inappropriate places or circumstances and without the requisite skill. That's all I have said, and when I was on gumball, most drivers were safe even if some of the moves appeared dangerous to the less confident

13. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    There certainly seems to be a fine line between brave and careless.

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I guess we'll just have to disagree. next time I'm in the UK - I'll keep a look out... for confident and quick driving ... meanwhile I'll just follow the law.

15. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    In my opinion - Brave is what Hamilton did on Sunday... Careless is what is being shown in the videos in this thread. to me there is no fine line. When I was a kid I was careless... and perhaps way too brave / over confident. but now that I'm almost 50 ...I clearly see the difference.

16. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree with this

17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hamilton, brave? He managed to mess up an overtake totally, picking the wrong side to pass, and managed to take out not only himself, but his innocent teammate in his exuberance to win a race not only on lap one, but by turn four. If that's your idea of brave, maybe the guys on the shoulder are more likely your new heroes, rather than dumbasses as you would claim.

And to those soft hearted people claiming they will just 'obey the law', of course you will, you are on a car forum extolling the virtues of cars and claiming to enjoy them. If you are truly honest, you, like everyone else, will obey the law when the cops are around, and push the envelope when they are not. If you don't, then park the Ferrari up, sell it, and buy a little economy box, cos life is over

18. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Depends if you make it or not.

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is not accurate.

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Really ace? In what way.... Do you go at the speed limit 100% of the time? Do you always hit the turn signal, stop at a stop sign, wait for the old bag to cross the road without edging forwards? Really now? Come on, tell the truth.......

Speed is fun

21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    One thing is for sure to me: I don't want to ride with you. Your arrogance will bite you someday. As for your views I don't think much of them, best you stay in the UK where you can be as fast and dumb as you like

22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, Sid, really.

No, I do not always obey the law, however I am always responsible whether the cops are around or not.

I like to have fun, after all it is a Ferrari, however I never put anyone else in danger.

23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I drive a fair bit in the US too, biggest ticket over a $1000 for speeding on I95 trying to get to Miami for a flight (triple fines zone etc etc), the cop was real good about it and actually commented while I was fast, he was impressed with my driving, and spent the stop talking about the best places in his opinion for me to emigrate too given my job at the time.

Why do you seem to have it in your head I'm some kind of nutter behind the wheel? I haven't put up any videos of myself, I haven't been boasting about passing on the shoulder or anything like that, I just don't agree with you that speed is always dangerous. You need to grow up a bit and let others have opinions. Mine are just as valid as yours, maybe I'm just a bit more daring than you behind the wheel, having done a gumball and all? Does that somehow threaten you?

In the UK, there are people who, if you overtake them, whether you break the limit to do so, or they are just dawdling well under, will flash their lights, swerve across lanes, brake check, hoot horns, and generally go nuclear with some kind of personality disorder where being passed means they lose their status in the world or something........ is it a little like that for you, as you do seem to be picking at me, when I have nothing at all to do with the videos that supposedly anger you?

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Can you show me where I said I'm not responsible for my own actions? I must have missed that, and I certainly am not of that opinion. I don't mind taking a ticket if I get caught speeding, and IF I had an accident that was my fault, I'd take the blame (hasn't happened yet, but there's no guarantee it won't).

25. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

That is what happened with Lewis in F1 Spain.

He saw "Red Mist" after Nico out dragged him and set off in pursuit like a "Torpedo" and the rest is history.