When is Classiche not Classiche? Please Ferrari, help. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

When is Classiche not Classiche? Please Ferrari, help.

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Camlet1, Sep 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Anyone who would buy a Ferrari on the basis of the red book alone needs a little help.

2. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Absolutely, they should and I am, in a private email exchange that is on-going. I will update the thread once I hear back.

They didn’t represent the car as having the original exhaust and the picture of the engine in the listing comprised a Tubi. But at the same time they clearly stated on the ad (which is cached on the net still and which I have a screenshot) the car “comes complete with Ferrari Classiche”. Which was true in early 2014, except it was technically void at the time of the sale in early 2015, because by that time the exhausts had been switched. The same dealer arranged the Classiche and the sale.

3. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Will you immediately refit the standard exhaust once sourced and have annual classiche checks from then on?

4. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Nope. The Tubis are better. But I would keep the oem exhaust system safe so that I can make future decisions about my car safe in the knowledge others (dealers or individuals) can’t.

My F40 now has the superb X-OST straight pipes (which massively enhances its character) but given my experience its oem box sits safely wrapped up, dry and locked away.

5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    You are not alone by any means https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146215714/

Camlet1 likes this.
  6. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
  7. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK