When was the first time your 'little lady' got in a wreck? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

When was the first time your 'little lady' got in a wreck?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Dec 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    holy crap!!!

you guys should buy like volvos for them, or anything safer. And when they ruin it make them drive around with the damage not fixed, maybe the shame and ambarassment will lead to better driving. Or paint them like bright floresent pink so nobody can miss them coming!

2. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    Last year I did a full respray on my wife's Tercel while she was away on business. Not a week later she scraped the side on a post in the parking lot. Oh well....

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Fiance totalled the pink Miata I bought her for Xmas couple years ago..she was drunk driving and hit SIX parked cars !

needless to say she is now my ex-fiance.

4. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    ...PICS?

5. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    My wife has never had an accident since we've been married. My step-daughter, on the other hand, has TOTALED 4 cars, and she just turned 20.

6. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    My mom was backing out from the garage in winter and did not notice the white chrysler sedan parked in our drive-way. Result, a damaged ML55 ///AMG and the other car.

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    When we were still dating, 7 years ago, my wife borrowed my car to return home to Michigan since it had 4wd. The next day she called me--multi-car accident in the fog on her way to work. Wasn't her fault, other than the female bad-karma thing. 5 years I owned that Cherokee and never so much as touched another car. 1 day and she cracks it up.

8. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
  9. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Great thread. I love these stories.

Lady tried to u-turn on a one way street in front of me once. I couldnt escape left or right or slow down. Smacked right into her front fender. Claimed she didnt see me. I asked her where the F was she going. she replies "um you know i thought i had enough room to swing around and go back."
    I say "Mam this is a one way street, you can only go that way."
    "Oh is it, i didnt notice that."

Never been more frustrated.

10. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
  11. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
    Luke,
    The speedo picture is perfect!
    My wife's driving is scary--she follows a little to closely for comfort (mine).
    Put a 3' long scrape in the side of her suv pulling INTO the garage a couple of weeks ago.

12. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    This is more of not paying attention story then an accident. Bought my wife a new RX 330 last year. I noticed while at the dealer that the automatic trunk lid opened fairly high. I asked her not to open it in the garage unless i was there so that i could stop it if it was going to hit the top of the garage. Needless to say, 3 days after our purchase i arrived home from work and retrieved the mail. While walking back into the garage i noticed something odd about the rear end of the Lexus. 2 big dents in the trunk lid. Before immediatley going ballistic i opend the back hatch and found that the dents lined up with the garage door. Then i went ballistic. For the first time in my wifes life she was silent for the remainder of the day. Moral of the story is pay attention to detail.

13. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Karting

Mar 23, 2005
    Raleigh, NC - USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    In my mind, this is the ongoing problem... if something is provided to them (whether given/loaned/etc.), they don't pay anywhere NEAR the same level of attention to potential problems/accidents as they do when it's something that they took the responsibility to acquire for themselves.

(And that's not just women - it's people in general these days, in my experience.)

14. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Although a bit insensitive, I like your attitude... :)

15. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    LZ, Ral

I completely agree with you. Now if Dr. Phill would have a show on this topic i might just watch.

Dan

16. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I'll do you one better. My mom doesn't know how to back straight out of our driveway, she always turns a little bit for no reason. Anyway, a few years ago it was snowing out REALLY badly, and I had my car (a White Civic), parked at the opposite end of the driveway. My dad whose garage door I was parked behind was able to avoid my car even in the snow. My mom managed to side swipe my car. She was scared to tell me, luckily there was more damage to her car than mine. I still remind her all the time.

17. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    When my co-driver (in rally) got married, his wife owned a Chevette. She didn't like it, and he wasn't going to work on it, so he bought her an Alfa Romeo. I drove him over to where we would pick up her Alfa.

Meanwhile, she managed to smash up his Alfa.

She got her car anyway.
    Newlyweds. :rolleyes: ;)

18. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    That is scary, a similar thing happened to me and my wife last year, but the other driver died at the scene.

19. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Now *that* must've been scary...

--Dan