when will 430's crack the 100k mark | Page 3 | FerrariChat

when will 430's crack the 100k mark

Discussion in '360/430' started by Oengus, Oct 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    #51 Testacojones, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
    The 6 speed were $10k less when ordering, but in the second hand market there's not a real significant difference.
    I had a serious buyer and he is in this forum, he even had a ppi done and found nothing wrong with the car, bought at the end but an F1. My selling price was pretty close to my asking price.
    A good F430 at $100k? Don't know when, but a rat F430 at a $100K maybe in a year from now.

2. hifipj

hifipj Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2009
    For '05s, 6-speeds are much harder to find (I've been looking), and usually sell for a bit MORE than an equivalent F1 car, probably due to the limited supply.

3. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Maybe the car that brought 105K is the one now for sale at 119K. Same mileage.

Dave

4. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    Who said anything about asking price? Look at the closed auction prices that didn't sell on ebay and look at Manheim. They are both lingering around 100K. Asking price is poopoo.

And every time I post up a link to a car for sale I get my account banned for a few days. It's like some sort of conspiracy, man. If anyone is interested send me a PM. I know of one specific car in SoCal with 27K miles, silver the guy is asking $119 and will take $105.

Well serviced car.

5. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    Oh. And to answer the question- asking price on a 30K miled up 2005 430 will be $99K January 25, 2010.

6. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    again you bring up ebay
    07 spider for 103k on ebay it must be the market
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-Ferrari-F430-Spider-F1-FACTORY-WARRANTY-LOW-MILES_W0QQitemZ180416713108QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2a01ac9194
    4400 mile 2005 coupe for 25k
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPER-LOW-MILEAGE-WITH-5K-SERVICE-COMPLETED_W0QQitemZ190340538654QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2c512e211e

Ebay doesn't matter. There will be a few suspect cars with issues down there yes. Dealer auctions are lower as you showed above but this doesn't change the fact that most owners won't sell their cars that low.

I would say New Porsche 2010 911 Turbo's will be below 100k before the 430's are.

7. hifipj

hifipj Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2009
    This is a much better indication of the true market value of 430s with higher mileage now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250506878172&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The car just had major services completed and will likely need very little maintenance investment over the next 2-3 years.

It was not relisted, so very likely sold somewhere between the high bid of 106k and BIN price. Now, if I could only find a nice red/tan 6-speed at that same price...

Best,
    Patrick

8. S.Ratha

S.Ratha Rookie

Oct 26, 2007
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    San
    I'd like to see if that happen... i hope it doesn't cuz I want an F430...

9. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    I bring up ebay because if you watch the bidding you see the value trends. You can make no reasonable argument that ebay cars are more or less an indication of the market. Because there are turds on ebay? There are turds outside of ebay, too!

Manheim (where dealers buy and sell) and eBay (where consumers buy from consumers, basically) are the market. Why is there so much defensive posturing on this? It is, what it is.

What the REAL market is - and this is the reality- is what people are willing to sell for. And there are many, many 2005 430s with normal miles for sub $110K. There are exceptional deals out there right now for people who have done wise things with their money. Credit availability is the #1 reason that these cars are starting to depreciate like normal cars.

10. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    It doesn't matter if the prices fall even more, what matters is if anyone is able to buy at these already low prices and there aren't many people that are able for the looks of it. That pushes desperate owners to lower their cars and some of that's hurting the sellers even more. In time we will see a lot of neglected 360s and F430s as many wont be kept up properly.

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Well Guys, as someone who actually bought a car last week, I looked at these higher mileage cars, and even at a car from a Sponsor here, and let me tell you pictures and condition are two different things. Luis, since you were completely on the other side of the country I did not have a chance to see your car, but you have one the best color combinations I have seen.

In the end you get what you pay before. I was looking for the Magic $130k F430 that never materialized, better to pay a bit more now than a lot later.

12. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    i agree. those cars listing for $120K will probably change hands at $10-15K below that.

I am in the process of looking for a F430 or F360. I agree that prices have been dropping fast. This shouldn't offend those who already have a F430 as long as they're not selling their cars.
    Me? I'm just happy to be able to afford a dream car that a few years ago was out of my reach.

13. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    My feeling exactly ... happy I could get a 430 with 2k miles in mint condition with an additional year of warrantee added for 155. Sure they will go down more but I am glad I was able to afford this versus 220-240 for the same car 2 years ago

14. McRoswell

McRoswell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2008
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris McAuliffe
    Barrett Jackson just sold an 06 F1 Coupe for $185k! Good luck waiting...

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Frank, your getting close.

16. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Again I ask, where are these cars?

Dave

17. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    +1 again...

He keeps pointing out Ebay as a viable source. A beautiful 993 GT2 Clone is for sale right now for 150k on Ebay. It's worth for sure 110 to 120k. I was the high bidder on the car ON EBAY at 85k. Did that set the value of it? Not at all. I've talked with the owner by email a couple of times and he won't let it go for even 120k.

These 110k cars selling have stories if he show's us the MANY he claims. Not listed stories but they do for sure have stories.

18. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    That car was used by GM as a basis for development of the 2009 ZR1.. plus it only had 4k miles on it.. can't judge the market by that sale.

19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Manual ,Red with 22k miles hope that helps

20. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Congratulations Tony! I didn't know that you had bought one just recently.

21. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I would not judge any car by what it sells for on there. I saw a 996C4 go for 69K,and out side of some nice leather additions it was stock, and really worth about 40K. I do not see things getting better anytime soon, so the 100k number might come faster than anyone of us might think.

Also keep in mind, this is a Ferrari forum, and most of us are big fans of the brand and the cars. I know plenty of people with the means to buy these cars, but would not because, they are too showy, not automatic, have no room, expensive to fix, no loaner cars, etc.

Keep in mine Porsche sold quite a few of those crap tiptronic cars. When a car hits close to 100k, that is BMW and Merc territory, and most of those buyers probably do not see a Ferrari as a smart purchase. We represent a very small section of the market, and there are more cars than there are people like us.

22. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No doubt most would never consider a Ferrari, but if just a few hundred did, it would have an impact. There comes a point when falling prices intersect with the value that dreamers have in mind and then they start considering buying. This happened to me in the mid 90's after prices tanked. Lower prices have two effects: 1. it makes current owners less likely to sell and 2. attracts new buyers. Obviously, an adverse economy affects the price point at which these two groups intersect but for everything there is a price point at which balance is reached and stabilization occurs.

Dave

Dave

23. HREU

HREU Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Florida and Turin
    Full Name:
    Ed Colburn
    I have been looking on an off for a while...

I 100% concur with the fact that you get what you pay for.

Checked out a 06 430 Spyder a week or so ago. Red/ Tan..decent options. 20k. List price...$149k. Car was a PIG. Whomever owned that car probably kept it in 'auto' all day as they drove around town doing sub-prime loans (only half kidding). The car had a tire's made in Korea! No books, no record, no cover....no tools...1 key. Paint work...I could go on.

It makes me sick to see how even Ferrari's are treated as 'disposable consumer products'...(not so unlike virtually everything else in our society now-a-days.)

I had no real interest in the car after learning that the dealer considered their price to be 'wholesale and a great deal.....no haggling.'

Anyway, nice...clean...loved Ferrari's are hard to come by.

24. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Here's a tip for anyone hunting for a 430. I've had mine since new, now over 4 years and 16K miles. The interior is still as new. I take care of it of course but I am by no means fanatical about it. Interiors hold up very well. However, the paint chips easily as does the windshield so don't be surprised by touchups or bumper resprays. I would consider a tatty interior a bad sign about how the car was cared for.

Dave

25. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.

Now we know what sports car company paid for their 430. They have it listed at 119 I believe.