When will Exotic Cars at Caesars Palace open? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

When will Exotic Cars at Caesars Palace open?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by kiddon, Feb 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    What were the "circumstances"? (Other than the fact that the store was already several months past its originally announced October '04 opening date.)

2. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Last week at Shelby, I saw plenty cars for the Ceasar Palace being stored.
    RR, GT2, Panoz LMP900, muscle cars etc..Strange to see that many cars around my LM. I wasn't impressed withthe selection, you can see more on the Strip !!! See you on Sunday
    Roland
    F40LM

3. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    Roland - When you're in town this week, I'll take you to see a friend/club member whose GARAGE has a more impressive collection of cars than were at the Caesars' "opening" night.

Also, Towbin Motorcars, which is a couple of blocks from my house, generally has an equivilant selection.

4. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    Last month they had 4 F360s & 2 Gallardos available.
    As of Sunday, they were down to 1 of each. They finally Sold the Maser Spyder.
    Towbin finally added Security Guards @ Nite. I was surprised they waited so long. There are many Jerks in this City who enjoy defaming Beautiful Autos.

5. KIMJIM3

KIMJIM3 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    they weren't sure they could get any cars in for the party. The city works at their pace. Wait till the store opens before you cast judgement. This store will be like no other in the world. Sounds like you guys wish you thought of this idea first. Trust me it will be something else.

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Most important question...

Will it be open in time for the Scuderia Rampage?

7. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    We all appreciate and have confidence in your unbiased observations.

8. KIMJIM3

KIMJIM3 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Not sure it is unbiased but if you look at the store and it's concept then you may see what it will have that no other retail/dealership will have. That is 19,000 new potential customers at it's doorstep every day. To some people a 360 Spider is really no big deal but for the masses who walk thru the forum shops every day this will be like nothing they have ever seen. Unlike a posh dealership where only the true buyer would dare venture Exotic Cars offers the masses the chance at a dream and hopefully take some momento's with them.

9. luvDfcar

luvDfcar Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2005
    virginia
    Full Name:
    arlis
    hi all, new guy on the block (arlis), was over in the vegas area this past weekend and also noticed that the caesars palace dealership was not opened.
    kimjim, you seem to have the inside scoop, whats up dude? whens the opening? can we start to buy cars? i also tried to get on to the web-site and it was not up and running either.
    by the way, who is exotics4less.com? i was told that the owner also owns that place in boca raton. i tried to get some info from them on the caesars thing but no one answers that phone.
    seems a bit funny but i for one always give the benefit of the doubt, you never know. if you have any info please provide. i am in vegas rather often and thought it would be a cool place to hang out.

10. KIMJIM3

KIMJIM3 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    I believe the store will be open by the first of next week if not sooner. You will not be disappointed when it finally opens. Like no other retail/dealership in the world.Cars aside the retail alone will be awsome.

11. luvDfcar

luvDfcar Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2005
    virginia
    Full Name:
    arlis
    thank you much kimjim for the 411. i did a little info recon myself, turns out the owner is a bad dude. turns out the florida state attorney is on the look out for him for his other bus. in florida.
    i even tried myself to get hold of these guys and no one answers or returns a call.

maybe just me but if i was selling one these big ticket cars i sure would call me back.
    anywho, thxs for the info. hope it all works out. please let us all know the official opening date. i'm back in sin city next tuesday!

by the way, you work for these guys? just want to meet the person i speak to on these chat things.

12. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    I was always amazed at the lack of secuity at towbin
    They have room for 2 cars inside the rest sit in the sun
    having grown up in Boston- I got very little exposure to exotic cars
    Didn't see a lambo on the road til i was drinking age
    So to see 4 RR Phantoms, 2 gallardos-countless Bentleys- just chilling outside no security was astonishing

13. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K

Last year they had a 911TT that i was interested in Purchasing.
    I was getting excited, until i noticed the Passenger side had been "Keyed"
    The Salesman said "it was Purrfect yesterday".
    It is Amazing that they had No Security for an inventory easily exceeding $5 Million !!!

14. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    yeah If I owned that place- I'd have had one hell of an ulcer by now-
    but Towbin 50 other dealerships making him money- so I would imagine its not of huge concern

they were the only game in town until wynn and caesers open their respective dealerships in a week or so

Towbin put up a new sign on sahara advertising just Bentley instead of their full product line, as they had done previously, I'd imagine they are going to try and strengthen their affiliation with the two brands that they have exclusive new car rights to(Bentley and RR) now that they are not alone in the world of cars no one can afford

15. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
  16. luvDfcar

luvDfcar Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2005
    virginia
    Full Name:
    arlis
    i'm getting ready to make another trip to sin city. are these cats open for business yet?

if any of you vegas boys have any info it would be greatly appreciated!

17. KIMJIM3

KIMJIM3 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    what would you like me to say? You seem to know eveything anyway. I could respond but really don't see the point in it. Do you? What you want to hear isn't true and this thread is getting a little stale. Hope you enjoyed the free booze. By the way, in your line of business what percentage of your customers are 100% satisfied? If you say 100% then congratulations to you on being the only one in the country. One more question for you Bob, have you ever heard of relocation and/or consolidation?

18. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Still closed, still empty

19. KIMJIM3

KIMJIM3 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Just got the word, we will have our CO on Monday, then it's no balls to the wall, should open 3-4 days later. Good news for people who are actually excited about this one of a kind store.

20. JRL

JRL Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I've been a Ferrari enthusiast for well over 3 decades, and have purchased cars from, and sold cars to, many authorized and independent dealers over the years. I've encountered a few gentlemen, and more than a few scoundrels. During the last 7 years I purchased some exceptionally nice Ferraris from Richard Weisman when he was located in Fort Lauderdale. The cars were accurately described, the prices were fair and there was never a problem of any nature with the paperwork or titles. I always dealt with Richard personally, so I can not comment on other transactions that involved employees at Exotic Cars Wholesale. The exotic car business couples sometimes volatile cars with sometimes volatile customers. No one should be suprised if there are a few dissatisfied customers at any dealership.

There was no mystery behind the closing of Exotic Cars Wholesale in Florida, as Richard Weisman moved to Las Vegas some time ago to devote his full time and attention to Exotic Cars at Caesar's Palace.

I attended the opening party at Caesars, and returned the next day to find that the beautiful selection of cars and motorcycles had been removed, and the construction crews were busy finishing work on the showroom, which was nearly complete. Demolition and construction projects of this magnitude often run behind schedule, so I would caution those who would read too much into the delays. This facility is unlike any other in the world...so what if it opens beyond the date originally anticipated?

I might add that the expected sales manager at Exotic/Caesar's has a sterling reputation. I think that his choice previews the outstanding nature of this venture. Those of you familiar with one of the largest independent highline operations in country will certainly recognize his name.

Let's keep open minds here, and wait for this new dealership to open, conduct business and establish it's reputation on it's own merits. We'll all know soon enough. I, for one, have every confidence that this place will raise the bar in every aspect of the exotic car business.

21. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    Kimjim3 – What I would like you to say is simply to let us know what the true opening date of the store will be. That is, after all, the topic of this thread.

You seem to feel that I have some sort of bias against your business, which is not the case. I suggest you go back and read my posts in here, and elsewhere on that subject. I think you will find that all I have been trying to do from the beginning is to get the straight scoop.

For starters, check out the following thread from last year.
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19959

In particular, look at post #8 in that thread. Does that appear to exhibit prejudice against your operation? I think it does quite the opposite.

I will admit that I stated I was somewhat unimpressed by your opening party, but I’m certainly not going to judge a business by one isolated event. And I have found it unusual that the store at Caesars has not been open since that time, and have been inquiring as to what the story is. Unfortunately (at least from my perspective), your only answers have been along the lines of “the store will be unlike any in the world”, as opposed to presenting concrete information about your true opening plans.

Additionally, I believe you misinterpreted my post #40 above as being hostile. Actually, its only purpose was to direct you to some negative comments posted elsewhere on FChat (by people other than myself), so that you might have a chance to respond to them.

So get it out of your head that I have made up my mind about the store, and certainly that I think I know all the answers. I don’t, which is why I’ve been asking the questions.

22. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Richard's prices will be sky high. You can count on that! Don't expect any "deals" in Vegas!

23. luvDfcar

luvDfcar Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2005
    virginia
    Full Name:
    arlis
    just a quick note to anyone out there in vegas who knows if the caesars palace car shop has opened. also, any info as to the opening date for the wynn ferrari dealership???

much obliged!

24. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    Penske WYNN opened 4.28.

As of today, 5.2.05 the Exotic Car Dealership @ Caesars remains CLOSED !!!

Here is their number 702-735-7700.