Where are the good ole users? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Where are the good ole users?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by rob lay, Aug 31, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    #76 zjpj, Nov 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The good old days!

Hope all is well. ~Zach
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Sam Son

Sam Son Karting

May 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Holy crap Dave those shots are ancient. I see myself in a couple of them. I think that was probably the best ROE with the nice little drive before or and after

3. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Good to see YOUR still around Vinny, and I agree with 993, community is not what it used to be, I think certain mods had a strong hand in that, it's harder to rebuild something than take it apart....

4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I agree with Merv & 993. This community has thrice been purged. I disagree with Rob in that those involved should have fought harder. With heavy-handed tactics by certain mods, it was conform, leave or be expunged.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    mods are the ones that got EC out of here so they started their own community. mods are the one to fight back the recent non-ferrari young blazing guns. no ones fault but your own, a communities direction is mostly chosen from the bottom up. y'all just got your asses beat because you didn't care enough. I know you care and miss the way it was, but you didn't care enough to keep it from changing.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    So you would like the community better with more of the EC and young gun non-ferrari types around? that's exactly what you are saying, because we certainly weren't running off the old school. the old school left because you let the new school move in.

7. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Old school, new school, what are you talking about? You allowed your moderators to chase away anyone with a unique character and a little edge to them. Ferrari owning or not, they made the NYTS interesting. Unfortunately you have moderators that enjoy playing cyber tough guys and as a result have lost some interesting personalities as a result. There was no point in fighting, its your turf and you and your cyber henchman will always win. Too late to start looking for old users , they have most likely gone to other places, or found other things to do, besides contributing to the NYTS section.

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Plenty of the old users are here. THey just don't post HERE anymore. NYTS became an unfriendly place, hostile often enough to drive out most of the guys who built it up in the first place.

To put the onus on Rob for the way this section went to **** is absurd.

And, I'm one of your heavy handed mods I guess. I started out here in the NYTS section, and then PA got moved to the Mid-Atlantic, but I spent quite a bit of time in here early on. I know what it was like, and what it became, and like where it's going. I don't think the guys who moved out are bitter about it, are they? Well ok, a couple of them are.

The young Lambo guys still hang around here, they just spend more time over at the other site, where there are no limits. They can trash talk, spit, curse, or just shoot the breeze, post naked pics, etc.

Interestingly, from what I see over there, once they got the go-ahead to be as ribald as they wanted, they toned it down some on their own. One thing they do there, ad nauseum, is post threads about how fast they drive, and when the next time is that they're gonna drive too fast. To each to his or her own, that's why there are multiple sites on the internet for different folks.

9. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I remember a Johnny Carson quote from the days following his NY to LA relocation. He said: "life in LA is great, its 85 degrees and sunny, you sit by the pool and the next thing you know, your life is over." :)

Hey Notoboy, of course we remember you! :) I think a lot of us just watch the Tri-State section and post nearly everywhere else.

10. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I rather like it since the kids left the room.

11. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I joined this site after a poker rally sponsored by FOLI. Met Tom D.(he introduced all of us to F-CHAT, at the lunch afterwards), John Lee(who is this PCHOP person? ;) ) and several others that day. Joined right up and got into it w/ whats-his-name( guy was a mechanic disigned the single belt drive for 308s oh yeah Ed Gault) about watches. My join date was lost also in the upgrade, but it does not matter I'm not looking for a "badge of honor" or being called "old" guard - I'm there (old) anyway. It was a long time ago in another world . . .

Agree w/ Len, lots of crap and too many folks giving opinions about ferrari who don't even own one. I'm no snob but hearing some smartarse chime in with crap on every post is annoying . . see you guys in the old folks home for FChatters. Okay, I admit to being a snob.

12. ringmeister

ringmeister Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2005
    NJ
    WERD

13. selespeed

selespeed Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Rietveld
    Nice shot. Funny to see myself in the passenger seat taking a pic of Rijk :)

14. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I remember Rijk brining the Daytona to the Bald Hill event co-passenger was Vernon Hil who had flown up in his plane and linked up to take the ride. They spent 3 hrs on the LIE in bumper-to-bumper traffic, but still showed up to give us a chance to see his silver beauty then went back to the city. That is what this community was 4+ years ago. Guys with ferraris meeting, speaking with others who were serious about buying ferraris and sharing how to keep your car on the road, without bring it to a shop(this part is still in existence, just never in NY area). "nough said out to start turning some wrenches on my cars.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You don't get it, but listen to some of these long time users that do. They saw it before and after. I'm sure many like what NYTS has been the past couple years, but doesn't compare to the community we had here 2000-2003. I'm positive about a return to those times and a return to those users or at least those types of users. Welcome back everyone!

16. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Whatever you say. Its your playground, you obviously know best and want to continue to turn a blind eye to poor moderators(and no I am not talking about Dave), and just blame the users of this new regime you keep referring to.

17. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Haven't seen you in ages. Glad to hear that all is well.

18. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    HI ROB !!!!!!

TIME TO BUST BALLS NOW !!!!

BRUCE

19. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Oh the memories.

20. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

I too miss the good ol' days.

Hi to all

Regards,
    David

21. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    THANKS FOR THE CALL BACK , BRUCE.........

22. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Gracias amigo.

Listen please.

This isn't about the new guys vs, the in between guy vs. the old guys.

It's about having a mix of folks who understand and love cars, especially Ferraris, who can talk about them, and other stuff that's native to the region, without stepping all over each other all the time. NYTS guys tend to be a little edgier than the mid-Atlantic guys, we're a little more laid back, but I think the guys here are great. I'd like it to be about the cars, and the area, and the people, without it being about one group versus another, or one group attacker another.

I never wanted any more than that, just a good bunch of car guys sharing their passion.

23. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    See lot, ponder possibilities
    Build on Solid Foundation
    Ye House
    Ye Olde House
    Ye Olde Boarding House
    Ye Olde Rental House
    Ye Olde Thrashed Rental House
    See lot, ponder possibilities
    Ye Olde Crack House or Demolish
    Rebuild on Solid Foundation
    Ye House

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I knew I liked you for some reason. :)

25. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Bobby Kid...Nice effort with this thread.
    As for opening the Gin Mill...let's make it happen. A little blackjack or poker is cool with me...pick a day...maybe during a football game or something. I love holiday cheer...I am half in the bag now. Bruce, this is usually when I call you...in fact, your phone is ringing now...oh well, got your voicemail and was laughing too hard to sing Xmas carols! Scott, you live 10 mins away...let's talk this week...how's tomorrow?...I am not going anywhere for the Cowboys game at 4PM...Gotta watch the Boys open a can of whoop ass on the Giants