Where can I get appraised, and perhaps sell, a complete Playboy collection? | FerrariChat

Where can I get appraised, and perhaps sell, a complete Playboy collection?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jul 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Number one to the year Hef passed. I can't even find a complete set for sale. Point me in the right direction please. I took this today of number one. Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Rare Books, there's a place hear called "1/4 Price Books", riffing on the Chain "Half Price" but really he's a antiquity vendor.
    See the listing in Houston?

3. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    3 or 4 years ago, number one signed by H Hefner sold for more than 80.000 $
    mag was in new condition

4. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    Can anyone explain what this has to do with Ferrari? Maybe check with your local pawn shop!

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Lol...been on here a long time but just maybe this is in the wrong spot. After all there is everything under the sun on this site. Moderator can you move this to make this guy happy? Besides, beautiful woman, and incredible lovemaking is synonomus with Ferrari...I get a thrill running down my leg everytime I drive the F40.

Wade likes this.
  6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Maybe move to the Business and Investments forum?

7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Well the forum title does not specify Ferrari or even general automotive "collectables [sic] literature and models"...... .......;):)

Jaguar36 likes this.
  8. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    In an introduction to Volume 1, Number 1, it clearly states that Playboy not ‘a family magazine’. In a throwback to more chauvinistic times the introduction carries on: ‘If you’re somebody’s sister, wife or mother-in-law and picked us up by mistake, please pass us along to the man in your life and get back to your Ladies Home Companion.’ The landmark magazine is set expected to fetch just over £1800 when it is auctioned on Thursday April 30. Laura Yntema, the auctions manager at Nate D. Sanders in Los Angeles, USA, said: “Only about 54,000 copies of the first issue Playboy were printed because Hugh Hefner didn’t know if it would be successful and if there would be another issue. ‘But it sold out almost immediately. ‘This was mostly because of Marilyn, but also because the market didn’t have anything like it at the time. ‘So these first issue copies are quite rare, because so few of them were printed and also, no one expected how popular Playboy would become.’ Unsurprisingly for a magazine almost 62 years old, there is some surface abrasion but the rest is in an overall in very good condition.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2015/04/30/can-you-guess-who-starred-naked-in-the-very-first-playboy-magazine-5175372/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

9. Ferrari_250tdf

Ferrari_250tdf Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
  10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #10 BigTex, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    It's certainly rare to have the full set, (must have lived in one spot a LONG time) although in Estate Sales it's common for me to find many consecutive years.
    So, to be 18 in December of 1953, how old would one be?

And how old now.....hhmmmm..calculator gives 84.

I ran across one with Karissa Fare the other day, (think it was end of year Playmate recap 1990) you would have to know her real name, to find her involvement in a mass murder....by 1993 she was facing serious charges....Elvin Bishop's daughter, and four others. Not only dead, but sawed to pieces and stuffed in duffle bags.....ugh.

In an old Galveston home (attic) I once found that vintage "skin mags", they had names like "Health and Sunshine".
    Became a 'code word' between me and the ex.....:D :D :D

Surely drilling deeper, you can find a recent sale of a full set, after Hef's passing???

11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #11 BigTex, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Cavallino magazine Full Sets are in our Ads for $4 each, go with that!
    :D :D :D :D

No cherry picking allowed (I know, I know.....)

Google found it, in 2016, a full set as yours was offered at $34,999.00
    As a cached ad, it's hard to confirm if a deal was ...ahem....consummated......;)

:D :D :D

There's an article on the "Most Valuable 10" also.
    Good reading.

12. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Playboy has become a bit of a dinosaur now.
    Since the popularity of the internet, the magazine is struggling to stay relevant.
    I haven't seen one on a newsstand for years.