Where did all the HK Ferraris go? | FerrariChat

Where did all the HK Ferraris go?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by colamclean, Feb 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Did not see a single Ferrari in recent 8 days of travel all around Hong Kong - maybe all garaged over the Chinese New Year holidays. I did see what seemed to be thousands of the Tesla Model S. And my wife caught this nice little Alfa driving quickly through Central...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. hk458

hk458 Rookie

Feb 12, 2018
    Interesting point.... I have noticed I have seen less and less Ferraris out daily now than before... seems less people using them as daily drivers? Still quite a few on weekend breakfast drives out in Shek O or New Territories but just not as many as before during week days?

Maybe there's also more competition to the brand now; Lamborginis aren't as fickle anymore and could be daily driven, Mercedes upping their game with SLSs, Audi R8s, McLaren, etc.

Here's from last my last Sunday breakfast drive out to Luk Geng

Attached Files:

AC6 and colamclean like this.
  3. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
    AC6 likes this.
  4. jznd

jznd Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    As you said, probably the Chinese New Year holidays. Wealthy owners of Ferraris would be more likely to travel at that time. If you drop by the carpark at the IFC mall on any given weekend, there are scores of Ferraris, mostly newer models. I daily my 550 and see at least a couple every day on the way to the office, including a 400i that I always see going the other direction if I leave early enough. As the 400i (5-speed version) was my first Ferrari decades ago, this always brings a smile to my face!

5. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Will have to check out the IFC car park next time. Nice story about the 400i you see regularly. Love that model too. My wife and I visit HK frequently, and usually enjoy seeing Ferraris as we tour the island - usually see several around Repulse Bay, but none this year. Stopped by the Ferrari ‘dealer’ at Repulse and they did have a nice, although limited, inventory. Love HK.

6. jznd

jznd Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    The new authorized dealer in HK is blackbird, which prior to taking over the dealership was THE place to take your ultra-exotic or rare Ferrari. When you visited they were still getting sorted but since CNY they've had some spectacular cars cycling through the showroom. Definitely drop by next time you're in town. Other than IFC carpark, the automall in the basement of the grand hyatt carpark is famous for the ridiculous collection of used cars that's always there. GT3s are a dime a dozen as are Ferraris and Lambos and Bentleys. A couple of the more unusual cars this weekend was a RAUH-Welt 911 and a Gumpert Apollo.