Where did Dave Rocks go? | FerrariChat

Where did Dave Rocks go?

Discussion in '348/355' started by PaulK, May 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I see that he is banned. He was the nicest guy! What the heck happened?!

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    He wasn't all that nice after all. Spammed the board, argued with the admin about it and got banned. After his ban he fired one of his employees and hijacked his FerrariChat account.

2NA, flat_plane_eddie and 285ferrari like this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    What!?

davew likes this.
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Did he really spam the board? Aren’t sponsors somewhat allowed to spam their services? Definitely the best quality sticky service the Fchat community has come across. He went above and beyond to give us OE quality or higher.

IcedAmericano likes this.
  5. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Well he’s not able to defend himself so whatever story the powers that be want to tell is the only side you’re going to hear. There’s always been a double standard when it came to Dave.
    As far as Spamming I guess I missed it, he posted less than some other sponsors for sure. And how can you ask someone to pay a minimum of $2500 a year to be a sponsor then ***** if they make a post to advertise a product? Doesn’t seem like a good value?

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#6 dm_n_stuff, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Not gonna get into this other than to explain that he posted the identical request for google reviews in 7 or so forums on the same day, spamming the main boards, which is a violation of the understanding we have here with sponsors and regular users. Sponsors are not exempt from the TOU of FC, simply because they pay to be here.

It went sideways when I deleted most, but not all of the posts to get him back IN alignment with the guidelines, and he strenuously objected.

D

7. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Jeeeezzzzz

tres55 and Texas Forever like this.
  8. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Ah well, maybe he'll be back when he cools off and rethinks his situation.

9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Can you do identical requests 1 per day in different forums? What about every 3 days the same post in different forums? Is any duplicate post spam? Does that make accidental double post spam?

Of course not... I understand its rhetorical, but it underscores perhaps understanding the where the spam line drawn may not be clear. I imagine its listed somewhere perhaps we need to look for it to be good citizens.

10. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Sponsors know EXCATLY where that line is and what they can and can't do... It is VERY clue and explained when you become a sponsor...Especially if you have been banned in the past, you know more then most what you can and cannot do. Posting 7 of the same threads in different sections begging people to give you positive Google reviews and if you have something negative to say, don't post it, that certainly is NOT an accidental double post, clearly a violation of the rules here. Not to mention in my opinion quite uncouth....

2NA, PeteyP, flat_plane_eddie and 2 others like this.
  11. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Sad it comes down to things like this when 1 in 10 CSU (California State University) have food insecurities or lacking a place to sleep at night. Some campuses have up to a 43% food insecurity rate.

I just wish everyone would focus on what's really important given how blessed we all are here and use that in a constructive way.

Love you all XO :)

Pangea, RossoC360 and dm_n_stuff like this.
  12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

He'd have to go back to Rob to get cleared for that.

D

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ok, post of the day! :D

ernie, JL350, carguyjohn350 and 2 others like this.
  14. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Anybody who believes this is most likely just plain ignorant. I don't mean to be blatantly insulting but that's simply how this post reads to me.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'll just say that Duane had access to 100% of the ACTUAL conversation as a moderator.

Dave was messaging users, current sponsors, former sponsors, etc HIS version of that conversation.

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    If I was a business needing google reviews, the most common sense thing I would do here is ask each section. Most here stick to their frequented sections and will probably only see the review request thread once. I know I only saw it once. It didn't bother me one bit. Most tend to not give google reviews because it is a bit inconvenient and perhaps deemed not as important. It's not like he forced anyone to do a review. He politely asked. Otherwise, we wouldn't know how important google reviews are too his business.

I would think it would be in the forums best interest to help him promote his business in anyway they can. The more successful his business is, the more successful the forum will be. I can see why Dave would have felt under appreciated and not supported. He probably did break the rules and most likely argued about it.

Perhaps some rules should be adjusted for more leniency to help the sponsors grow. Asking for reviews in each section sounds a lot less invasive than just outright spamming products/services.

Rules should be enforced. In the same token, some rules should be adjusted to allow the sponsors to grow and continue to pay their Fchat premiums.

Mikegyver, Nuvolari and Pangea like this.
  17. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Add in 70 more sponsors, all hitting the forums 6 or 7 times a day with identical posts in multiple forums and you're going to have a hard time finding content that isn't sponsor related, hence the guidelines.

D

18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Would it have been better if he asked for google reviews in his product/service threads already in existence?

dm_n_stuff and 285ferrari like this.
  19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we had zero problem with hitting each forum, it is against our sponsor guidelines to hit every forum at the SAME time. that appears too spammy, doing 2-3 at a time is OK. this is the same guideline EVERY other sponsor has. we nicely reminded Dave of the guidelines and he just couldn't accept it. we hadn't banned him or anything, just "soft deleted" the number of threads over the same time guideline and we could have restored them when timing within the guidelines.

the only reason any user could disagree with what happened is if they agree with Dave that he didn't have to follow the same guidelines as other sponsors.

showme1946 and ShineKen like this.
  20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we weren't trying to be dicks about it, we have the ACTUAL conversation back and forth between Dave and dm_n_stuff, then me. dm_n_stuff couldn't have been nicer and trying to be patient explaining what was going on. Even when I stepped in I was able to copy actual emails between me and Dave where we talked about these same guidelines in the past. Some people are just good at shooting their own foot off.

showme1946 and GatorFL like this.
  21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think he probably had the right approach, just not 7+ at the SAME time.

taz355 likes this.
  22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Sounds fair to me. Dave must've had a bad day.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    probably, we had been getting along for several years.

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Moral of the story follow the rules on fchat;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorFL likes this.
  25. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    You never really know what is going on in someone's life. Sometimes displaced aggression shows up out of the blue and no one can figure out what is really going on. Getting likes on Google just seems trivial in the scheme of things. If he really wanted a lot of likes.....he could have bought them in bulk (100s or 1,000s) from several China websites. I hope he solves what was really bothering him. I found him to be a good technical resource.

Also.....I appreciate the fact that you guys have a tough job to do. Thanks.

Skippr1999, Qavion, drbob101 and 3 others like this.