WHERE HAVE THE OLD F-CHATTERS GONE??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

WHERE HAVE THE OLD F-CHATTERS GONE???

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by BWS550, Mar 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    LOL @ this post.

I also have a message for J Scott Leonard (And anyone else who shares his opinion regarding yound non-owners). Do not allow yourself to become guilty of stereotyping based on the actions of a few select individuals. What amazes me is that so many individuals here are shocked and amazed at the stereotype (arrogant, stuck up, etc.) that a good portion of the general public has for expensive sportscar owners, yet these individuals are so quick to judge groups of people (whether they be 'ricers' or non-owners).

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Mr. Nibblesworth, keep it out of off-topic and in emails or phones or whatever.

If you disagree with something someone has said in this thread, then please state it in a proper manner sans name calling.

I have nothing personal against you or your antagonizer.

Darth, you too.

Come on guys for the sake of fchat, not me or Rob or anything else.

3. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    LOL @ Nibbles post.

4. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    I rest my case. Here is another Private Message much like the one sent before. Now I guess I will have to disable the PM again. Oh well, just another example from my old friend Nibblesworth. Go away, we are tired of your type of antics and disrespect. Come back when you grow up. Learn how to discuss and disagree without the profanity and personal attacks. It demonstrates a lack of maturity and intellegent debate.

I suspect that I will hear from him again.

Sent tonight via PM at about 10 PM. from screen name: Nibblesworth

Jesus Christ!

Did I hut your witto feewings? Awwww....Poor old man.

Christ, man! Grab your balls and act like a male. In case you forgot, you started the whole mess by insulting me without warrant. As a *MATURE* adult, I opted to continue to argument in private, as I didn't think the rest of community should be subject to a stupid little fight.

You chose to bring the PM into the public eye. You chose to continue the fight. You started the mudslinging, but can't seem to handle a tiny 28 year old bastard. That's pretty pathetic.

And what is even funnier is that I had completely forgotten about your dusty a$$ maybe ten minutes after we last chatted. I guess you've been carrying this on your back for a while.

Suck to not be able to let go of stupid little things, huh?

Now do me a favor and go pound some sand up your f*ckin' old fart a$$. Give up the ghost and get on with what is left of your life.

I'm done with you.

5. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    First, let me say that I have no idea what started this and that I don't care.

That having been said, this is the best outright flame I have seen in a long time. Nibs, you are my idol. ;)

6. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Not sterotyping at all. I have plenty of respect for younger folk who conduct themselves with some dignity. What is unacceptable are the profane ramblings of someone who only posts for confrontation. I couldn't care less if someone has a Ferrari or not. Seems that the most aggressive posts come from some of the younger guys with a chip on their shoulders. You are not one of them.

7. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Well, I guess I'll add some valuable input to the topic.

I miss M. Lemus. Where has he gone?

And Bruce: GET OFF THE SAUCE, A$$NIPS.

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ????

DL

9. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    You heard him, buddy. Keep it clean.

How's the bird? And the Wheaties?

10. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I am still here.

DrS

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Bald and Bold!

DL

12. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Darth, nothing really, just, dont encourge anyone..sorta :p. Look, my goal is to have this forum and Gen. Ferrari NOT filled with posts with nothing attacks and in your case comdic afterthoughts on :p. Yours wasnt really anything bad, but I am trying to say keep it off the site, for the sake of wasted bandwitdh and all, please keep posts like that to a minimum.

J. Scott Leonard, what is between you and Mr. Nibblesworth does not have anything to do with the rest of us, so please keep it between him and yourself.

Again the motto is keep personal issues personal and not waste bandwidth for nothing.

13. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    YOU GUYS ARE OFF-BASE HERE...OMAR HAS THE RIGHT ADVISE FOR YOU.......

STAY WITH THE THREAD OBJECTIVE HERE...

ACTUALLY, NIBBLES I LIKE YOU AS WELL AS J SCOTT....NO PROBLEMS WITH YOU BOTH AT ALL....LET A SLEEPING DOG LIE..

LETS GET ON WITH THE THREAD...............

BRUCE

14. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Don't really know what side of things I fall on as I joined on the old board and have migrated with my same name etc...

A non owner but....

Young? in heart if not otherwise.

A couple of the new users seem to come and go but one thing that still amazes me is how some people forget that when they add or subtract to a thread we can always look back at what they said before and call them on some stupid thing they have done before.... Nature of the beast.

One example has been a new kid (no names) who has posted that he owns a couple of Ferrari's then goes on about his dad's Enzo then his Acura then his company then back to saying he is 17....

One part that has been Irking me of late is the political nature of Nibbles and others going down in flames. Obvously not going for a debate just to see their own words.... example would be Art355 Dr Tax and others who actually ad to a discussion rather than take away from it.

Now back to the thread in hand.

We haven't seen Telson "mister cut and paste" in a long time.

and with some of the rename jobs (DES NNO CARBON...) for the love of god just use one and stick with it. that way we know who is still here who has left and who is worth listening to.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Dam- BRUCE,

Now all I hear is Peter, Paul, and Mary singing...........

"Gone to flowers, every one.
    When will they ever learn?"

Pass the hooka and another clip of ammo....

I gave JRV some tickets to the Rodeo last night, and told him to lasso some pastel Rocky Mountains! Better go check on him...........

16. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Still kicking.

17. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Remember Villamoura? He had some of the greatest picture posts on the old board, haven't seen him in over a year.

Martin sticks soley to the Florida section

Newman sticks pretty much to the tech section.

Nika shows up from time to time but I think we lost a great member of the forum.

I find the board to be what you make it. I personally rarely click on "controversial" posts so I don't read them or get involved with them. Couldn't tell you who's not talking to who. If you ignore the riff raff they go away.

Titanboy is just a young kid, but he's been more mature than many of the "old timers". His passion for anything Ferrari is great. Most of the young guys here are fine. We all just need to show respect, that's it!

18. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I agree with you on that.

Some of the "old Farts" can get pretty childish at times

and some of the "Kids" really are adding to the discussion

19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Bruce and All, Because I joined this group last May when I brought my first Ferrari, I'm one of the "Johnny Come Lately" types. Moreover, I pled gulity to "writing out loud." For me, writing is therapeutic, and I probably post more than I should.

Moreover, I find F-Chat to be a very interesting social experiment. I'm sure you can find this somewhere, but I have posted before about a new theory called "Emergence." This field studies the evolution of self-organizing groups. Examples are slime mold all the way to F-Chat. Betcha didn't know that you are a rat in a maze, huh? I apologize for being so cerebral, but I have a trash can mind into which I throw all kinds of junk.

Getting back to your thread, I think that old F-Chatters like you need to take point in setting the tone on this board. I'm afraid that my Baby Boomer generation will go down as perhaps the worst parents ever. By focusing on our kids' self esteem, we have raised the biggest generation of brats that the world have ever seen. My 16-year old son is heavy into basketball and posts on various chat boards. I have never seen such vile, hateful, mean, nasty crap in my life. Even worse, my son and his buddies think this garbage is the norm.

Unfortunately, this has spilled over into real life. When I played ball in high school, nobody even dared argue with a ref. You didn't even speak to them. Today, there is nothing but non-stop trash talking, even at middle school games.

Point is that when some of the younger posters on F-Chat start flaming really vile crap, sad to say, they don't know any better. They are just repeating what they hear on MTV, any NBA/NFL game, Howard Stearn, Hip Hop music and so forth and so on. They actually think that this is normal.

Let's contrast this with the "old fart" Ferrari owners. Almost without exception, I have found older Ferrari owners to be the nicest group of people that I have ever met. Even though many of them have a net worth that far exceeds mine, you'd never know it by talking to them. They have nothing to prove, but they share a common bond -- they are all car nuts. They share a love of cars and a passion for Ferraris.

But when you mix these two cultures on F-Chat, you're gonna get oil and water. What can we do about this? Rob's idea of a $15 entry fee might help. But I think that a better idea is self-moderation. When you see someone stepping out of line, you and the other old farts need to coach them on what kind of posts are appropriate. This doesn't mean that you Q$#@$%Q flame them back. Without getting down into the gutter, we all need to teach our children well (sorry).

So I urge you to step it up. When someone gets out of line, we, as a group, need to take action because Rob can't do it all.

Finally, my take is that anyone who sends a threatening private email or PM should be banned permanently. If you don't have the guts to say it in a public formum, then don't say it.

We all need to remember that the 1st amendment doesn't apply here. This is Rob's sandbox, and if you don't like his rules, you are free to leave. I might be wrong, but I don't think that Rob has any legal obligation to provide any of us with a forum for expressing our views.

I'm interesting in hearing your thoughts, DrTax

ps The ignore feature really works great. Try it!

20. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I dont have time to weigh in on the topic at hand, but I just had to say Nibblesworth, your flame was hilarious!!!

And Darth, your response to it was pure comedy.

I'm one of those people who very rarely laugh out loud and I did at those two posts!

Great stuff!

21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sad but I agree 100%. As a young guy I've read some of the most putrid, offensive things on boards relating to getting into law school and other car makes. Even I'd go on the record and say that this generation in their late teens/early twenties now IS getting to be that bad. This time of unparalleled prosperity and wealth really is making what Tom Brokaw could dub The Worst Generation. The self-esteem/permissiveness thing really has created a group of egomanical social monsters. They're undisciplined, unrefined and hyperaggressive (not just permissive/promiscuous in a sterotypical 60-70's fashion, but mean too... like urban/gansta culture).

Unfortunately, sometimes I think the only thing that can wake these people up and humble them is hardship - whether it be natural disaster, economic, war, or whatever.

22. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

I forgot about Villamoura. He did have fantastic pictures from Spain. Always a gentleman too, even if I disagreed sometimes.

Dale, excellent post with very good points to think about.

23. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    Getting back to your thread, I think that old F-Chatters like you need to take point in setting the tone on this board"

DALE

I DIDNT ASK FOR AN EXPLANATION AS WHAT I OR OTHERS SHOULD DO, OR HOW TO IMPROVE THE SITE, OR TALK ABOUT YOUNG OR OLD FOLK.....

I JUST ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION HERE....DONT HAVE THE TIME OR PATIENCE TO ANSWER FLAME WARS...

BRUCE

24. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Bruce, i dont think Dale was trying to "flame" you or suggest what anyone should do. He was just posting a thought of his, and a valid one at that. In general i think that older people should act as role models and behave accordingly. There is a double standard on this board, and long time members are treated differently. For example, if someone totally new with under 20 posts came there and started a thread entitled "#(*)(#$%$#)" or something of that nature, how would you (and other members) react? My bet is you would be quick to alienate them. Not trying to start a flame, just making a point.

25. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Well said. This is what I would like many of our long time posters doing. Someone needs to mold these young minds into Ferrari loving, lambo hating men (and women) :)

This is why I, personally hate it when old time users act up since quite frankly, we should know better.