Where is Westmont? Car at Mcgrath Lexus... | FerrariChat

Where is Westmont? Car at Mcgrath Lexus...

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by dogdoc97, Nov 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    F 355 is at Mcgrath Lexus in Westmont, anyone ever bought from them? thanks. Doc

2. rodbuster

rodbuster Rookie

Jun 16, 2008
    Chicagoland
    The dealership is located at 500 East Ogden Avenue, Westmont, Il 60559.
    I haven't purchased from them, but bought an Acura tl from their Acura store down the street, back in '04. There was nothing spectacular about the deal, but their service dept was pretty good.

Sorry I wasn't more help, Rodbuster.

3. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    McGrath is a long-time Lexus dealer. They have a huge flagship location in the city right off 94 at Division. I took my RX there for years and they always provided good (albeit expensive) service. Unlikely they have any Fcar expertise, but I think they are a generally reputable dealer.

4. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Did you notice it was a total loss at one point? Flood car I believe.

5. Wantochamole

Wantochamole Karting

Apr 4, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Phil W.
    I know nothing about the car but know one of the McGrath's personally. Good people to deal with.

6. ChicagoFerrari

ChicagoFerrari Karting

Dec 19, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The carfax actually says collision damage which I would think is better than flood damage.

7. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    #7 norbert, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    My wife and I went there to look for an RX350 a couple of years ago. Had the highest pressure sales person I think we will ever meet. If he has results, which he probably does, all the best to him. Still feel such things are not isolated, but approved by his boss. A total negative for us. The guy kept asking us if he came back with this or that, would we buy now, etc. We had to tell the guy a couple of times we were going to leave now if he wasn't going to just give us an offer price for a car we had driven.... I think we just left.... The guy kept calling us for a few days...Another said the service department there was great...It is at most Lexus dealers, but their prices are high too. That is why a lot of Lexus owners have their cars serviced for a lower price at a Toyota dealership after the free stuff is over.

(There is an old story which comes to mind here, which maybe some of you haven't heard before...The young guy says to his friend that he has met the most wonderful girl in the World, and he is madly in love with her...So his friend asks why he looks so said. He says, well I know I can tell her about my Mother who is a madam, and my sister who walks the streets too....but how do I tell her about my Brother... the used car salesman....)

Also, assume the poster knows about chronic problems with some 355s that one should have in writing that they were corrected by the dealer under warranty. (There is a story that comes to mind here too. A young boy goes up to his Father and says....Day can I have $5.00 for a guinea pig...The Father says, here is $10.00 Son go get yourself a French woman....)

8. PollosHermanos

PollosHermanos Karting

Sep 25, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    McGrath has an excellent local rep. Their dealership has gotten huge - just drove by it last week and it's like 3x as big as I remember.

9. zxttfan

zxttfan Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2009
    St. Louis

10. pappy.72

pappy.72 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2010
    Elgin, IL
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I went to high school and college with one of the McGraths and if it helps he did take a Ferrari 348 to prom. I have purchased Hondas from them and their service has been great. They are good people.

11. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I'm trying to imagine the scenario where one trades a Ferrari in for a gussied up Toyota.
    Undoubtedly an auction "bargain" or consignment, perhaps the dealer principle's car.
    This car will deserve close scrutiny.

12. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Did you end up buying? Appears to have sold