Where to buy Brake Rotors for FF? | FerrariChat

Where to buy Brake Rotors for FF?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Brian L, Apr 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Seems to require a magic trick to avoid the dealer mark up.

2. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Eurospares

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Ferrari, I am sure they will give you a decent discount, well you can 10% in the UK.
    I bought rotors from EuroSpares that were not even round and I had to kick up a stink before they would take them back.
    On an FF they would probably buy them from Ferrari and by the time you have added post and tax I wonder if they would be any cheaper.

4. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    And don't forget these are your brakes. If you push your FF properly then you're going to want to know that your parts have gone through the Ferrari ok. Is one tire better than the other? How about wheels, cast, forged, etc. Probably ok to modify those components, but don't forget these are your brakes..............

5. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Not sure where you are, but a lot of Ferrari Dealership service departments give 10% discount to the Ferrari Club of America. Buy them through your business and there's another 30%, hahaha

6. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Thanks all ... UK Eurospares and US Scuderia Car Parts, both around $6700 a pair, not $15,500.

7. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Please let us know which place you ultimately end up buying from.

BTW, are you replacing the front or the rear?

8. ferrari169

ferrari169 Karting

Jan 14, 2014
    Northeast USA
    Can one do this job DIY with just tools or is the Ferrari dealership computer required to "code" the brakes somehow?

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Unless you have already ordered them, shoot me the last 6 of your VIN in a PM and let me just look at cost for you.

It is my understanding that you need the Dealership computer in order to reset the " timer " for the pads or rotors ... with a " challenge code " to even access the counter.

S

10. ml321

ml321 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    London/Munich
    I remember reading that some people replace the Brembo rotors with (I think) surface transforms from the U.K. - supposedly much better/longer lasting and refurbishable (no first hand experience as thank god I have not had to replace any rotors yet)

Edit: this was a general theme, not FF specific though so don’t know if they have rotors fitting the FF

11. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    A challenge code is not required to access the brake replacement information located in the instrument cluster ECU when using the DEIS (factory computer),
    But the serial numbers of the new brake rotors will need to be noted and entered when updating the information. The serial numbers are located on stickers that are on the new rotor friction surfaces and are also on the rotor hats, but it can be difficult to figure out which number on the hats are the serial numbers, as there are multiple numbers on them.