Where to find floor mat grometts? | FerrariChat

Where to find floor mat grometts?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by BlacktopRacing, Dec 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    So, my otherwise perfect condition OEM floor mats are missing one grommet. I searched online, but could not find anything close. Does anyone know where to find/buy such things? I wouldn't mind replacing all four, just so they match. Thanks.

Dale

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The thread plugs are here: https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/430-group/f430-05-08/passengers-compartment-carpets/66233300-threaded-plug.html

The grommets are a two piece thingy:
    https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/430-group/f430-05-08/passengers-compartment-carpets/66233200-lower-ring-floor-mat.html
    and
    https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/430-group/f430-05-08/passengers-compartment-carpets/66233100-upper-ring-floor-mat.html

I can't check stock levels at the moment because we're doing a server migration (ugggg...) but normally we keep those things available.

BlacktopRacing likes this.
  3. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
  4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

^ Dale, this morning our ERP server up on its new hardware. Oh, will the excitement never end?!?

We do have stock of all components (lower grommet, upper grommet, and threaded plug).

5. Lionworks Auto

Lionworks Auto Formula 3

Oct 16, 2013
    Worthington OH
    Full Name:
    Ed
  6. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Those are called Murphy's common sense fasteners. Pretty widely available if you know what to look for. They're different than what Daniel posted and for different cars. (Common sense fasteners were used in the 90's)

7. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Right. 430's use different retainers than the older cars. I happen to like the older hardware better ;)

8. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Amazon: Grommets, #4 Black Oxide, Plain, ½" Inch Hole, 12 Piece Set. Costs $8.27 and looks great. These grommets fit the thread plugs that were in my 360 Spider. I don't know about other models.

Amazon: General Tools 71264 Grommet Kit with 12 Solid Brass Grommets, 1/2-Inch. Costs $8.36. This gives you the grommet tools to affix the black oxide grommets above, as well as a few bright brass grommets to practice with.

In my case, the big problem was that the old grommets had been ripped out of the carpet, leaving a hole larger than the replacement grommets. So, I needed to create a new backing for the new grommets to attach to. I have navy carpets so bought navy leather repair. I put one layer on the bottom of the torn out grommet hole (adhesive facing up), then cut a small piece cut to fit in the torn out grommet hole (adhesive facing down, on top of the adhesive piece facing up from below). This created a two layer leather backing piece into which I could insert the grommets. The leather repair patch material that I used was the most expensive item in the repair, but looked good and really adhered well to the carpet.
    Amazon: MastaPlasta, Leather Repair Patch, Plain 8-inch by 11-inch, Navy. Cost $19.95.

The end result of all this was a solid repair that looks OEM and will last (I think) the life of the carpet. Good luck!

9. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I just found a place that has grommets that work with the existing 612 pins on the floor. The company makes mats and will sell them with the mats. I'll have to ask if they are willing to sell them separately. From Ferrari they are like $25 each. From this shop, $0.50.