Where to get a car detailed? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Where to get a car detailed?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Stickanddice, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Taek, wanna do a run this weekend?

Dale

2. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    likewise taek! hope you enjoy htown!!

3. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Todd,

Received your email. Wow! Very helpful stuff. Way more info than I expected, and very welcome information at that. Thanks again!

How do I get into the PCA? I'm thinking of getting an old Porsche.

Cheers

4. FerrariFan

FerrariFan Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Big D
    Full Name:
    Patrick C.
  5. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i'm possibly selling the TT, it's an '03 so it's old :)

i'm telling you taek, TC is in the wrong bidness...

6. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Dale,

I was planning on doing a little drive with a couple of Lamborghini folks over to Galveston, or thereabouts. This guy wants to drive the 360 because he is thinking of purchasing one himself. He promised me a drive on a Mercedes Benz SLR when it comes, which he is apparently close to the top of the list for. I'll drive his GT2 or Diablo for the run. Kind of last minute. He is a friend of mine I didn't even know was currently living in the area. Ran into him yesterday while getting the inspection sticker for the 360 and he just invited me. He called up two of his Lamborghini and Ferrari buddies and off we go!

The front bottom will get painted soon to remove scruffs and then I'll put on skid plates so I don't crack open my bumper over curbs or even get them scratched. In San Francisco you definitely need these skid plates. Some of those hills and curbs are absolute murder to front bumpers. As a matter of fact, even here in Houston I picked up a scrape or two. Right in front of Todd's house there was a dip on the road and while hauling ass the front scraped on the road. These skid plates are a Godsend. I'm also getting a finer mesh for the front grill but that stuff can be popped on and off even easier than the skid plates so I won't wait for that. As soon as they're done I'll have them mailed to my wife and she'll just bolt it on.

I expect the car to be gone by late tomorrow depending on weather. It'll go to the previous owner's house where he will sign all paperwork and stuff and put whatever papers are needed into the car. From there it'll be shipped to California. My wife has already gotten invites from the exotic/vintage car group I used to run with in the Bay Area. She said she might go to some since she used to frequent with me in the Murcielago days so I'm happy to expect the car will get good exercise.

Cheers

7. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    He sure is.

Don't worry too much though. Like his neighbors, we surely know by now he is in the crack/cocaine industry so that's a healthy reputation for a soon to be married attorney with aspirations of owning a detail shop. I'm sure once the next big shipment comes in he'll open a full service automotive center for all things exotic. :) Since most of these shop owners are crooked he'll fit right in as the crack/cocaine/detail king. Then he'll be able to pursue his true dreams of caring for cars. Just make sure he doesn't catch you rubbing at your paint with your fingers or you won't see your next birthday. :)

Cheers

8. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Jeez, and people wonder how rumors get started!! I enjoy getting to spend time with cool cars and to see that they're properly cared for, but let's not get carried away! :)

Glad you found the email helpful. Give me a call the next weekend you're around and we'll grab a bite or a beer or something. :)

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Have fun in the dirty water, ha!

Dale

10. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    I wanted to join the Houston Chapter...

I'll Google it.

Cheers

11. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Dale,

I'll be in a car, not a boat, so I won't really care about "dirty water". As long as the roads are decent I'll have fun. By the way, how are things in the middle of nowhere? :D Hehehe.

Cheers

12. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    www.lsrpca.com

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #38 BigTex, Feb 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Oops, sorry, I forgot to mention www.lsrpca.com.