Where would you take your car? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Where would you take your car?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by rennspeed, Dec 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAgated360

LAgated360 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 2, 2008
    LA
    Full Name:
    Rick

My question is to the people who have been to his facility, has anyone seen credentials proving that he is indeed a Certified Ferrari mechanic?

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Steve will have them! ;)

3. jck

jck Karting

Sep 22, 2006
    Santa Monica, CA
    Full Name:
    James Kim
    To be fair, I am not in any position to cast judgment on Damien since I have never met him nor been to his shop. If he is Ferrari certified, then he is owed prompt and public apology by those who made such accusation w/o sufficient due diligence. However, if Damien is making such representation to his customers, I hope Damien does indeed have proper Ferrari certification. Its one thing to be a qualified mechanic, but that means NOTHING to me if that mechanic lacks integrity and honesty.

My disclosure: I am in Santa Monica and I take my car to Eugenio's.

4. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    This has the potential to become a nasty p!ss!ing contest. We've now got 3 "new" posters that have come out of the woodwork from seemingly nowhere to mix things up.

I'm just a Ferrari owner, I have no interest nor involvement with any shop. I've had cars in Auto Gallery, Fusion and Claudio's. No problems or complaints for any. Everyone will have their preference and their opinion where to take their cars. Damian works closely with Auto Gallery and while I'm on a friendly basis with him, it's absolutely not my place to represent him or jeopardize his relationship with AG.

I'm quite certain & confident that if anyone wants to contact Damian and ask for his credentials, he'd likely be more then happy to comply. He's a class act and I don't see him mixing it up or using alias screen-names on an open forum to argue or substantiate himself.

That said, the OP's question has been responded to and his decision has apparently been made. Beyond that, this seems to be turning into something that all of us are above. I'm not dodging anything, just trying to diffuse a potential mess. In the end, people will go where they feel comfortable. Just so long as people stay away from that guy who has a black horse in front of his place! ;)

5. LAgated360

LAgated360 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 2, 2008
    LA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    So, my assumption is that there are no credentials....Am I correct?

6. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    I think that one should contact Damien himself. Get the info from the source. I dont want to mis-quote, but I believe he had extensive training in the UK including Ferrari training. Regardless, I have yet to hear one bad thing about the guy or his work. That speaks volumes to me...

7. realride

realride Karting

Oct 17, 2005
    la crescenat CA
    Full Name:
    benoit pecqueur
    I use FX and nothing but great services for the past 2 years. I did talk to Eugenio but he only wants to do major service and not small services or oil change.
    would highly recomand FX performance.
    benny

8. davidkuola

davidkuola Karting

Feb 26, 2007
    Arcadia, CA
    Full Name:
    David Kuo
    What a shock to read this thread. Damian has been taking care of my TWO F430 since day one, although I need to make a 35 mile trip from Pasadena to his shop. No need to say how great he is in terms of.... he's got my vote. On the other hand, If someone has never dealt with him, what makes him entitled to make such an irresponsible, nasty comment. Still totally shocked! Can't believe it!

9. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt

He's usually stacked up with bigger work is why, so it takes him awhile to fit it in (if he can fit it in at all) :)

He squeezed me in for an oil change couple months back, but I waited for him to have an opening (plus I've been a customer for awhile). So I'm guessing it depends on the circumstances at the time.

Sort of hard to stop what you're doing when your shop is stacked up with work like this :
    http://emelbon.tripod.com/360_sezione/

He's normally busy so he usually sends the small stuff elsewhere.

10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Wow...I just checked out this thread and this is news to me. I only use Eugenio and he's been very accomodating to my needs, big or small. I saw the JPL guy who spoke about attention to detail, and I can only imagine that he's never taken his Ferraris to Eugenio. I get photos of the progress delivered to me daily during my jobs, and the clean-up after his work is exceptional. Not only does my engine run better, it also looks better.

I can only surmise that guys like myself, Hank, etc are not hitting the So Cal section up, because there are quite a few folks on here who wouldn't consider taking their car elsewhere. Hell, if he told me I'd have to wait a month for a significant repair, I'd just sit the car until he had some space. I know that the job would be done properly at the end of the day, and that piece of mind is worth waiting for.

I'm not interested in arguing anybody's individual situation, but this thread seems to misrepresent the quality of work and customer relationship you find at Eugenio's.