Whey protein mixes: beneficial or bs? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Whey protein mixes: beneficial or bs?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Bullfighter, Jul 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Post #29

2. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Just edited.

_J

3. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Post 29 is no way the best. My girl friend just had some of the best not five minuets ago. It came as a small surprise to her. (And she's still not talking to me too. :p )

4. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Lol

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hate to un-hijack my own thread, but do you drink these whey protein mixes every day -- i.e., on non-workout days as well?

6. ENZO_Rambo

ENZO_Rambo Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    #57 ENZO_Rambo, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
    I take the protein drink daily with breakfast (about a hour before hitting the gym) and sometimes after a particularly stressful workout.........i have Incorporated these protein drinks into my controlled daily caloric intake and if i do not take it (even on non workout days) i don't "feel right".

i have tried about 10 different protein powders from GNC and a local healthfood store before i found one (two actually) that was right for me.....taste , vitamin and carbohydrate content were important in deciding on one.

I DONT take any of the so called protein bars on the market witch consist of high amounts corn syrup ..........they are a scam IMO.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I usually do. At least once a day on non-workout days.

Usually a whey shake in the morning with breakfast, on workout and no workout days. Sometimes I'll skip it on my off days. I'm going to start taking whey with breakfast, whey after workout, then casein shake with dinner. Ideally I'd like to have a casein shake during the day, but I hate having to carry extra stuff with me to work.

8. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris