Which automakers will be hosting hospitality suites/previews during car week? | FerrariChat

Which automakers will be hosting hospitality suites/previews during car week?

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by bitzman, Jul 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    i like to think I could get into one of these parties, and have in the past by accident (when passing Bentley House , for instance , it was empty so they invited me in). But i think the pandemic has changed the usual order of things, so though here's some I remember, there might be a change of venues and/or players. Any I am missing in 2021?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Bentley House, about 1000 ft. South of Pebble Beach Lodge, open several days
    Rolls House right on the water, it was a nighttime shindig
    Bugatti daytime party right across from the lodge at end of Dream Car Lawn
    Mercedes Hospitality Suite in Del Monte Lodge overlooking the concours
    Ferrari mini concours, 1000 ft. inland from PB golf course but you had to have special id to enter the building tho show of Ferraris is free
    Acura party --in Carmel Valley, might have been NSX owners club party again, fabulous catered dinner
    Rivian, Fisker. Karma--some of these start ups night have a few dollars left to host their very special customers but haven't heard of any yet...each year at Monterey I see concept cars and a couple of years later still no production model....

auction companies, I found a picture of Christies hospitality suite at the concours so maybe more companies have suites. If you are a customer you should write them now to get your name on the list.

And what about
    Alfa
    BMW
    Jaguar
    Lamborghini
    Pagani
    Maserati

PS if you are going to crash a party, better to be overdressed, then wearing a t-shirt and jeans, then you're less conspicuous,,,

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    What's the Del Monte Lodge?

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    The Del Monte Lodge is the main hotel at Pebble beach, grand old edifice,about 100 ft. from the concours
    It has about 10 shops and three restaurants and , during the concours and at least five open air hospitality suites but you have to pitch the booth holders well in advance to be on the guest list (Anybody have a list of hospitality booth holders they can post on FC?). so far i got a quirky answer from Bugatti something like "Oh, it must be that time of year....."

4. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    It's not called the Del Monte Lodge...it's called The Lodge at Pebble Beach...for the last 100 years.

TTR likes this.
  5. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
  6. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I think the Pebble Beach website where they detail its history is a little more accurate than something on Amazon.

I only point out the error because basically no one under 80 years old has likely ever heard of the Del Monte Lodge...not to be confused with the Hotel Del Monte over in Monterey

TTR likes this.
  7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I would think any (serious) journalist knows that just because it’s in Amazon or some other random internet source, doesn’t necessarily make it accurate/correct.
    To my limited understanding (and I'm not even a journalist), the place where Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance takes place every August is and has since 1919 been called "The Lodge at Pebble Beach".

8. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Noq I reqd the Countach rally will take place one day ar the Preserve. What's that?

9. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    What is the Automobilia Pop-Up Show listed for August 10 and 11, 2021 on What's UP Monterey? Is it the show that was supposed to take place at Embassy Suites in Seaside in lieu of Tony Singer's Automobilia? If so. that listing is obsolete because they announced they are moving the show to 2022.

10. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    The new IsoRivolta Zagato will have its very first showing in the Americas. Locations TBD.

11. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    seems like the obvious and best place to show the new Zagato Iso is Pebble at the Concours --but did you know that, leading up to the concours, on days before, they have little mini-introductions there that last an hour or so. I've seen cars debut there that you never hear mention of again. Second choice in terms of exposure would be the Quail. Third choice would be the IBOC owner's club banquet which will be held at a restaurant on Hwy 68. For those that miss the debut of the car entirely, here's my print of a painting that will be at CI.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login