Which country is a Savannah racetrack doubling for in "Ford vs. Ferrari?" | FerrariChat

Which country is a Savannah racetrack doubling for in "Ford vs. Ferrari?"

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by bitzman, Aug 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I read somewhere that the new feature about the '60s battle between Ford and Ferrari is filming at a track near Savannagh in the next few weeks, though a GA location wasn't in their earlier announcement (which listed four counties in California, and France) Is this track going to doubl for a track in Italy, France, or England? Has anybody seen car haulers carrying Ford GTs and '60s Ferrari race cars? This is the feature film where Matt Damon is playing the part of Carroll Shelby.

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Wel;here's a case where I can answer part of my own question--found this article in Island Packet News. I deleted mention of other films. I hope some Fchatters sign up to be extras and give us the Inside Scoop on whether Fox has a clue....

MOVIE NEWS & REVIEWS
    Matt Damon and Christian Bale to film in Savannah. Here’s your best shot at seeing them

BY LISA WILSON

[email protected]

August 03, 2018 02:22 PM

Updated August 03, 2018 02:26 PM

Matt Damon and Christian Bale are the next superstars to be on the lookout for in Savannah. A movie they are starring in will be filming there later this month.

The untitled Ford vs. Ferrari flick will star Damon as visionary auto designer Carroll Shelby and “Batman” star Bale as British driver Ken Miles, according to IMDB.

CDC Extras Casting posted a casting call on Facebook seeking about 100 people to work multiple days during shooting in Savannah.

Shooting dates are scheduled for Aug. 28 through Sept. 2 and Sept. 5-7, according to the casting call.

Jon Bernthal, whose credits include “The Walking Dead,” will play Lee Iacocca in the movie, according to Auto Week.

View image on Twitter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    All Ford Mustangs@allfordmustangs

Carroll Shelby to Be Played by Matt Damon in Ford v Ferrari Film - http://www.allfordmustangs.com/2018/06/28/carroll-shelby-played-matt-damon-ford-v-ferrari-film/ …

Variety says the film will follow a team of Americans led by Shelby and Miles given the mission of building a new automobile to defeat Ferrari at the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Variety reports the film has a scheduled release date of June 2019.

By Edited by Ashley Jean Reese

Extras casting call
    CDC Extras Casting is looking for extras ages 18 and older who either live in Savannah or have a place to stay within 90 minutes of the city.

Extras will be paid $75 for eight hours of work.

Because the movie is set in the 1960s, hair, makeup and clothing sizes are important, the casting call says.

To apply, email three photos — no selfies, no hats and no sunglasses, the casting call says — to [email protected]. The photos should be a closeup of your face, a full-body shot and one from the waist up.

The casting call says you should be wearing “conservative attire, such as a suit, a button down shirt, polo. Ladies in a sundress or party attire. Think CLASSY. TIMELESS. Think you are going to a REALLY NICE PARTY in a park. Only YOU in the photo, no other people in the photo. (60s influenced hair, all the better!!)“

The subject line on the email should be these words exactly: UNTITLED PROJECT - CORE.

In the body of the email, list your name, phone number, city you currently live in, and all clothes sizes. For men, include height; weight; and coat, shirt, pants and shoes sizes. For women, include height, weight, dress size, measurements and shoe size.

There is no phone number listed with the casting call. For more information, visit the casting agency’s Facebook page.

3. Type111

Type111 Rookie

Aug 18, 2018
    I guess I could see Roebling Road doubling as LeMans, but the production would have to get pretty creative and keep their shots extremely tight.

4. Dan Germouse

Dan Germouse Rookie

Feb 21, 2011
    From CDC Casting FB

"Additionally, if you would like to work in Braselton, GA - Road Atlanta (about an hour north of Atlanta) on Monday, Sept 10 and Tuesday, Sept 11 - I have a job for you!"

5. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince