Which Ferrari Supercar Would You Choose If You Could Only Have One? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Which Ferrari Supercar Would You Choose If You Could Only Have One?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Rossocorsa1, Jul 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which Ferrari supercar would be your choice if you could only have one?

1. 288 GTO

32 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. F40

60 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. F50

33 vote(s)
    15.7%
  4. Enzo

26 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. LaFerrari

23 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. LaFerrari Aperta

36 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The LF also has a NA V12. Don't say hybrid, it changes nothing.

2. Camelot

Camelot Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2013
    down South
    haroonok likes this.
  3. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    No. Enzo will be remembered as the last NA V12 supercar. LaFerrari as the first hybrid supercar. Of course the hybrid element is a big change, and for some people there will be nothing wrong with that.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Of course it is a hybrid, everybody knows that. My point is that it still has a N/A V12 and the hybrid system doesn't corrupt the V12 experience.

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. ReyF

ReyF Karting

Jan 10, 2017
    F40.... while paddle shifters and hybrids are the future, I prefer a gated shifter and no aids.

6. Camelot

Camelot Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2013
    down South
    Good that you admit that it is a hybrid...

Let’s focus on OP’s topic now...

7. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I voted F50, preferably in black, second choice yellow, but I'm not fussy.

Why? NA V-12, manual gearbox, and open top. I'm a rag top man at heart! I'm not crazy about the dash and wheels on the F50 but they'll do just fine.

The best looking one to me is the 288, by a wide margin. Still looks like a car to me, not a space ship. F40 looks like a pure track car to me.

I've been around all of them up to the Enzo, haven't had the pleasure of driving any of them.

Bas likes this.
  8. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    This is a very hard choice. As an ownership proposition the 288. I drove mine almost every day; you really can do that and it still feels like a fast car. Absolutely gorgeous too...In terms of sheer excitement the F40. I will never forget the surprise (and mild terror) I felt briefly flooring it in fourth on the first day, only to realise the wheels are spinning. I will also not forget the mornings when I had to reset that damn adjustable suspension because it refused to work! The Enzo was the car I felt most grateful to own. It was the one I couldn’t buy when it was new, the first true Ferrari spaceship and a real occasion to drive, but apart from its incredible engine the age of the drivetrain is starting to show and somehow I feel it will fall in that difficult niche for supercars of the previous decade when technology was a part of them, but it wasn’t yet good enough to distinguish them. I have never driven the LaF and even though I could have bought one, I wasn’t deemed worthy by Ferrari, so this one will remain an unfulfilled wish. My ultimate choice would be the one I never had, the brilliant F50. I only drove this car once, prompted by Joe Macari in 2008 and I’d heard negative comments from friends who are established in the Ferrari world: ugly, too much vibration, no torque, slower than the F40, no one wants. Some of the comments are true: the engine is a structural part of the car and the vibration is ever-present. Torque low down the curve is weak. HOWEVER the car has the best handling and best gear change of any Ferrari in my opinion, the noise is glorious and I personally love the shape. I will take mine in black please although I would feel lucky to own any colour! So that is my choice, although people who own all of them are truly blessed!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

9. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I think you mean your Tesla is quicker, not faster.

10. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Just because Ferrari deemed you unworthy of owning a LaF doesn't mean you can't own a pre-owned example. Whether or not you could have or couldn't have purchased an F50, Enzo, and LaF is full of contradictions.

11. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Not sure I see any contradiction. The thread is around our choice of supercar. My choice is based on my driving experience and all I m saying is that there is one out of the five cars that I have never driven and two out of the five i haven’t owned. I find it hard to opine on something I don’t know and i am sure fellow Fchat members would prefer not to read b-s. Whether I could have bought a LaF pre-owned or not is irrelevant to the readers of the thread.

Having said that if you‘d like to know why I couldn’t buy the F50 or the Enzo new or why I was not chosen for a LaF allocation I will try to enlighten you

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Nice to see the F50 in 2nd place.

13. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Black F50. No need to say more Haha.

sixcarbs likes this.
  14. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I would not own any of the choices in the pole as none are practical for the street. I'll stick with my 308 GTB or my 355 spider. Either is a joy to drive on the street and I like touring the north east.

If I had to choose one of those in the pole, I'd opt for the 288 GTO.

15. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    All of the Ferrari Supercars in the poll are actually quite easy to drive on the street, the GTO especially so as it has great visibility from the driver's seat.

16. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Presumably financial limitations prevented purchasing F50/Enzo when new and Ferrari deemed you unworthy of a LaF allocation. However, you seem to think buying a Ferrari used wouldn't be in agreement with Ferrari so you prevent yourself from having these experiences.

17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    F50

Sent from my 16M

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    f40 head and shoulders above

crinoid likes this.
  19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Enzo. Modern-ish V12. Behind your head. No batteries. PLENTY of HP.

20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    For those new to this thread, please note the poll at the top of the page. Make sure to cast you vote.

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The 288 GTO was the first and as the oldest it is forgiven for being slow compared to more modern cars, while it could be embarassing for more modern supercars.
    The F50 and Enzo have the advantage of being V12 but they still look too recent to be forgiven that; in a few years I would select the F50 ;)