Which (light) color seats for a CdF Ferrari Roma ? | FerrariChat

Which (light) color seats for a CdF Ferrari Roma ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by gjackers, Oct 25, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Crema, Sabbia or Cuoio seats on a CdF Roma ?

1. Crema

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Sabbia

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Cuoio

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gjackers

gjackers Rookie

Oct 25, 2022
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Dear Ferrari family -

I'm incredibly excited to have an order in for a Roma. I'm set on a Canna di Fucile exterior. I would love light(er) color leather seats, but I'm going to pieces over which color to choose. I've never had a light interior car, let alone a Ferrari. I had initially specced Crema seats (the lightest hue) with Nero for the rest of the cabin, but am getting increasingly nervous about whether Crema seats will stain from jeans, whether the leather will age poorly, will require too much maintenance, etc. Other options I'm looking at are Sabbia (only slightly darker, I think) and possibly Cuoio seats. Attached are a two renders from the configurator (I realize I'll need to go see the leathers in person again) for each of those 3 colors.

I know this question has been asked in these forums a million times, but I'd really love to hear the feedback and views from experienced owners ! Crema, Sabbia or Cuoio ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
  3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I would avoid very light seats, for the reason you mention. One of the mid-to darker tans would be my preference, if you're going to drive the car.

Also, I never wore blue jeans in my black/tan 328. Never. I had multiple pairs of khaki-colored jeans and soft pants that were my go-to Ferrari attire. My Porsche has slate grey over black, and the seats look great after 30 years.

(And... good call on the black carpets.)

gjackers likes this.
  4. gjackers

gjackers Rookie

Oct 25, 2022
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Thank you @#

Thank you @SVCalifornia !

May I ask you a related question, please ?
    Do you notice / experience any reflection in the windshield from the light colored cockpit band ?
    I saw (Car Guys') Damian's review of the Roma (), and he warned against having a light colored cockpit band run around the dash, because it would reflect as a "large U" in the windshield.
    Any thoughts / experiences (from anyone, of course) would be very much welcome !!

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Great combo ^

The dye transfer concern is real but they use treated automotive leather which should help / just dont wear blue jeans or wear older blue jeans.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

gjackers likes this.
  6. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    There is a reflection from the cockpit band. If I did it again I’d likely do a black band or perhaps ciccolato band. At the time there were few band choices. Chiaro does provide a nice contrast but it is minimally annoying to occasionally get the reflection.

Dark brown is very good on the dash for reflectivity. I’m using it in my 296 spec. Tortora seating is a relatively rare selection but it has a simple elegance.

SV

gjackers likes this.
  7. gjackers

gjackers Rookie

Oct 25, 2022
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jack
    That is super helpful - Thank you so much !
    I'll likely continue to fret over the seat color for a long time ...
    I just really like the look of lighter seats, such as Sabbia, with a dark grey exterior, I can't (yet) commit to a darker color such as Cuoio, Terra Bruciata or even Iroko, and I don't just wish to default to black (again ...).
    But, although a light colored band looks really killer, I'll definitely spec a dark(er) color cockpit band to avoid windshield reflections.
    Thank you again, and further thoughts remain most welcome !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    For what it’s worth, I have my Roma (Grigio Titanio exterior) with Terra Bruciata interior. The dash is black. It’s a beautiful combination, without any reflections on the windshield from the dashboard.

Andy

Image Unavailable, Please Login

HSquad, jm2, gjackers and 1 other person like this.
  9. gjackers

gjackers Rookie

Oct 25, 2022
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Wow, Andy, that does look good. Thanks so much for sharing that pic, that really helps.
    Not surprisingly, the Terra color (like so many) looks very different in real life compared to the configurator.
    The Terra certainly seems a great option, looks like the hue may actually be a bit "richer" than the Cuoio.
    Good to hear that you're not getting any windshield reflections from the cockpit band.
    Terra would also be (much) less susceptible to "dye transfer", I imagine.
    Gosh, this is tough (very first world problems, I know ;)).
    Back to the drawing board, and I think I'll need to get in touch with my dealership again :).
    Keep the thoughts (and votes on seat colors) coming - I really appreciate it !

JHNurse likes this.
  10. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Cuoio is the answer, always.

11. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    Thanks! It is richer than Cuoio. That’s exactly why I picked it. Cuoio felt too bland, washed out, and cheap for my tastes. Cioccolato felt a bit too rich and dark. Terra Bruciata really seems like the perfect warmth on the tan spectrum to me.

And I love looking at it in my Roma each time I get inside!

Andy

12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Cuoio is always the answer

13. gjackers

gjackers Rookie

Oct 25, 2022
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jack
    #13 gjackers, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Hey all -
    Just had another brainwave, trying to brighten up the cabin while avoiding the worries of "dye transfer" onto light colored seats and windshield reflection of a light colored cockpit band.
    How would you guys feel about a lighter (e.g. Sabbia) lower cockpit, with Nero seats with Sabbia piping ? Any good ?

14. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
    If that’s the exterior color….that’s a beautiful combination, IMO. Looks very rich, just enough lighter colors for contrast, and no seat worries like you said.

gjackers likes this.
  15. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Here is the interior of my 430 spider, Sabbia and Blu Medio, I've owned it since new and have 26 thousand kilometers on it. Driven it wearing jeans and never had a serious problem with dye transfer, occasionally have a bit when wearing new jeans but when I get home I just take a clean white cloth and some leather cleaner and it comes right out.....and I regularly take long trips with several 10 hour days in a single trip. So my vote is for light coloured interiors!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Cigarzman and gjackers like this.
  16. gjackers

gjackers Rookie

Oct 25, 2022
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Wow, congrats ! Light colors really do help lift the entire cabin.
    The Blu inserts are a smart (and nice) touch.
    Black seats are safe(r), but can be dreary, too.

Gosh, this is so tough (again, very first world problems, I realize full well ...) - I'm literally starting to lose sleep over my interior color choices.
    I've been getting mixed feedback on my high contrast choices (Sabbia / Nero), but I still think it works (well).
    Now looking at other options to bring some color into the cabin, including some other color door panels (Bordeaux even !), a Rosso cockpit band, or some form of contrast stitching in case I were to go for Nero seats after all.
    Any votes / thoughts are most welcome !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I found that doing the interior is the hardest part about ordering!
    Remember that it is your car and order what you want, not what somebody else thinks you should have!!!!!
    Personally I'm not a fan of black interiors, to dark and depressing to me. Some days I think that they contribute to all the road rage out there!

gjackers likes this.
  18. gjackers

gjackers Rookie

Oct 25, 2022
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Ha ha :) ! Yes, the world does seem to have a bit too much black in it sometimes.
    Thank you very much for the input 430tdf, and thanks also for reminding me that it should be my choice after all ;).
    Now, if I can only figure out what that is :( ...
    (I'm one of those people, the more choices you give me, the more impossible it becomes for me to choose ... and our dear friends from Maranello want to do their customers a favor by offering pretty much every possible customization).

Thank you again !

19. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I had to fly into the dealer to spec my car out when my number came up on the assembly line (at the time the closest one was a 1000 kilometers away) and agonized over all the choices for 11 hours! It was the only time I was able to have actual paint and leather samples in my hands!

gjackers likes this.