Which one would you sell ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Which one would you sell ?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Cariad, Nov 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. solowmodel

solowmodel Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2009
    Seoul, London, VA
    Full Name:
    WK
    I'm curious as to what kind of benchmarks people have when they dismiss the R8 driving abilities? It is no doubt inferior to 430 etc. but for what it is, i.e. a DD, it's great. Rain and snow are no problems and chassis is good fun. It's a nice fun car.

Having said that, your 575 is beautiful and if I were you, it'd be hard to sell^^ :)

But the point raised in the above posts remains, once you have your 599, how often will you drive the 575?

2. Scrooge

Scrooge Rookie

Jun 17, 2006
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    W. Hening
    wedouglas: "And unless it's just personal taste, which it could be and that's perfectly alright, the R8 is a superior car than the 575."

Really? If the R8 is so obviously superior, why do you think the OP bothered to start a thread about choosing between them? Are you sure that your proclamation of the R8's supposed "superiority" just isn't a function of YOUR personal taste?

3. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    #28 ketel, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    Seriously, Gary. I know you've had it at Tampa Bay pegged at $140k but I can't bend over that far. No offense, it's just too much of a stretch. My last name is not Rockefeller.

What's it gonna take? You won't be able to find a better home for that lovely 575 than mine. Ask anyone. I even sweeped out the garage space that's waiting for it. Heated. And Ferraris love the calm San Francisco climate. She'll be happy here.

Put everyone on Fchat out of their misery of hearing me whine about gated 575s all this time and let's just do a deal. Make us all happy.

C'mon, what's $40k among friends?

:)

ketel

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Reality Internet........

PUBLIC 575 NEGOTIATIONS!!!!

5. Scrooge

Scrooge Rookie

Jun 17, 2006
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    W. Hening
    I think it is listed on this site for $135K, which seems like a fair price for a great car. And you're right, we'd all be the better for it if you bought it.

6. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    My Maranello would love to come out West again !!!
    No longer at Tampa Bay Ferrari. It's listed here on FerrariChat or visit www.575M.net for the whole story. When I cancelled my order for the Cali ( so glad, what was I thinking !) I took her back.
    Now there is another V12 possibly coming into in my life. Market is firming for 575's even some dealers are pegging 599's up a notch despite the plethora of listings. You will save the dealer's comission but realistically I am not letting her go for below dealer wholesale.
    PM for further interest

7. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    $100k ? where do i send my check ?

8. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    #33 ross, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009
    one earlier comment bothered me....trailering your car instead of driving it????

look, this is of course none of my business, and i dont mean to be impertinent or disrespectful, so dont take any of this personally since it would apply to anybody on this site, BUT:

you dont look like you just graduated from college...
    you dont look/sound like somebody who is wondering where the next mortgage payment is coming from
    and we all care about our cars and want them to have good long lives without damage.

but you must drive them in earnest and often. IF you are worried about accumulating too much mileage then own several and spread the miles around. life is waaaaay too short to be trying to preserve a 575 for the next guy. its a great car, but it will never be a class A SCM collectible, they just made too many of them. period. so not driving it for fear of rain, dirt, parking dings, mileage, etc is just wasting the first-buyer-depreciation-hit twice. you bought it, so drive the hell out of it. then sell it. the price difference between your pristine example and one with 20k more miles on it might be 30k at the end. big deal. you already lost 150k driving it out of the showroom !!!

this goes for all of you !

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ross- In the last 10 years, I have replaced 7 windshields I have broken on the bloody interstates. Putting miles on a car while enjoying driving it is one thing, but droning along on an interstate is not my idea of good use of a Ferrari.

That is why you have an Audi R8. If anything goes wrong with the Audi, free towing and maintenance and a dealer in every city with a population over 250,000. Not so with a Ferrari.

Gary and I live in New Mexico, him part time, and me full time. The nearest Ferrari dealer is in Colorado or Arizona. A bit different from most Ferrari owners, but we like it that way.

Incidentally, the 575M trunk and shelf has a ton of space compared to an Audi R8. Not a problem for Gary, who has a house in both locations.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

10. LarryF

LarryF Karting

May 28, 2008
    Well, I'll chime in as I own a V10 R8 and a 575. I am considering trading in the V10! Nice car, kinda a sleeper as it doesn't garner crazy attention but it is too civilized a drive for me. I find the clutch to be a little too heavy for my liking and I don't feel the road as well as my 575. I also own a highly tuned RS4 which as a daily driver gives me way more pleasure than the R8 V10.

In truth, I should have walked away from the order when it came in but I'm not a schmuck or maybe I am for taking delivery knowing that I may flip it later!

11. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Im going through the same process; my decision is to sell the 575 because you wont drive it after getting the 599. Why have 2 Ferrari GT cars when one is meant to replace the other? Love the 575 but you will love the 599 even more.

12. jay575

jay575 Karting

Jul 29, 2009
    St. George Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    For $40,000, I'll be your friend!

Jay

C'mon, what's $40k among friends?

:)

ketel[/QUOTE]

13. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Ferrari is the only brand of car where I have "seller's remorse". It seems to linger for years after the sale. I currently own a couple of Ferraris but still miss the other two I sold years ago (328 GTS and 360 6-speed). If possible, acquire more garage space and keep the 575 for the future.

14. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    ok terry, i will grant you that droning on interstates is limited fun. and you certainly dont seem to be a garage queen owner. so excuse my outburst. just one of my petpeeves.

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Why so many GT cars?

Sell them both and get a GT2 or GT3 RS. ;)

16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #41 noone1, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    If you think the 575M is a better engineered car, you're dreaming. I'm willing to bet it will perform better in every way except maybe a drag race. I think you'd be hard pressed to find people to disagree. Newer means a lot when it comes to exotic cars. All they needed to do was add some HP with the V10. It's probably cheaper too. 10K miles on and not a dime of maintenance except oil.

17. gstudent

gstudent Karting

Sep 12, 2006
    Westlake Village
    Full Name:
    Gene
    IMO Terry is right...the 575 beauty is unparrelled. I too struggled and sold a almost new F430 Spyder to keep my 575 while waiting for my new HGTE car. Yes I will have two GT cars but to each his own...good bye R8...btw my car is in route from Jersey as we chat!

18. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Absolutely. Or a Daytona.

19. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    1000% on the money!

I am the biggest fan of the 550/575s but... with the 599 laying around the 575 probably isn't going to get much seat time. I think it would be a cooler garage to have both, BUT a more practical garage or logical garage is the R9 and 599. The other thing I was thinking was... which one does your wife like better? Just keep that one. you have the 599... time to make her happy. Plus you get a decent jewelry budget for her if you axe the maintenance and shipping of the 575.

I am not a fan of the r8 and agree with most of the comments about it not being special... but lets be honest... the special car is the 599...

20. keberhardt

keberhardt Rookie

Feb 16, 2009
    marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    kenny eberhardt
    Nobody has ever collected Audis--the R8 has no future value, it will depreciate down to where it will cost more to fix things than its worth--just like with the Maserati Biturbo and the Lotus Espirit. Audis are long-term losers! Ferrari's, if kept long enough, will ALWAYS at some point start to go up in value, back to at least the original MSRP--that is a Newtonian law! Ferrari's are blue-chip investments--Just keep them clean and keep the miles reasonable. Besides, the 550/575 are the most beautiful cars of the past decade! The R8 looks like the thing I shave my whiskers with ( and my hot wifey shaves her hootch with!) By chance, at a local car show last Summer, I parked my pristine black Porsche 968 coupe in a line with a red 308, a Ford GT, and an R8. Dudes went nuts for the Ford, laughed at the "Magnum PI" joker, and completely ignored the R8---they thought it was there by accident, not even part of the show! Everybody loved my 968--it was "old-school" gorgeous, shiny, and classic and something you never see on the road anymore. One guy wanted to buy it on the spot! I could have sold it for more than what I paid for it, which you will never see with any Audi!
    Dr. E

21. F458

F458 Karting

Aug 1, 2009
    Malibu, CA
    Haha. Your picture made me LOL Gary.

As most ppl are concluding, while the 575 is more desirable than the R8 (especially on FC), the 599 is replacing the 575, not the R8.

P.S. I'll be your friend for $39k.

22. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

I totally appreciate your enthusiasm but I do disagree with you slightly... I would never say that Audis will never be collectable for a few different reasons...

People probably said Ferraris have never been collectible... There was a time when GTOs 330LMBs 275GTBc series one cars were all worth practically nothing... same with the testarossa...

And if you say that Audi doesn't have race heritage like ferrari... you are correct... no one does. BUT they have one that little race called lemans alot recently... They did pretty good in that thing called Group B rally... In-fact... those Audi quattros ARE collectible.

Also, there are some who would argue that front engine Porsche either aren't or will never be collectible... perhaps you have proved them wrong... maybe you haven't

Here is the kicker... I heavily dislike Audis... i think they are ass Backwards designs with there engines hanging out over the nose... horribly geared transmissions and there AWD safety net...

Again, I do agree with most of what you said and appreciate the spirit of your post... BUT... to say an Audi will never be collectible is a little short sighted.

Just my 2 cents...

23. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    More than that it's spot-on.

Was looking to make the same post myself but someone beat me to the punch.

24. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Lose the Audi!!!

25. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name: