Which polish/wax do you Ferrari owners use? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Which polish/wax do you Ferrari owners use?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by EVO8, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Turtle wax. Can. Costs less than $4. Shines as good as any of 'em!

2. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Meguires new XLT, the best anywhere

3. EVO8

EVO8 Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Cerritos, LA
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Soooo many different waxes. Alright I think I heard enough opinions...my final decision is Zaino. But thanks for your opinions!

Pictures of my cars:

www.angelfire.com/mech/evo

A recent evo meet in January: (I am the 2nd guy from the left in the group pic)

www.angelfire.com/mech/axis90702

-Philip

4. Red Baron

Red Baron Rookie

Feb 14, 2004
    N. Cal
    Great info - thanks for sharing. I'll print this and keep it handy to refer to longer term!

5. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #30 murph7355, Mar 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The UK selection off the shelf isn't that hot, but I've just finished doing mine with AutoGlym products.

Never really used anything else (1st time I've had time to do the car myself), but it wasn't exactly a 5min job. Still, please with the results and the glass polish smells nice :)

Incidentally, the car more often looks like this:

[​IMG]

Hope Mark doesn't mind me linking to this. He "kindly" photographed it!). The car does get used after all :)

Also the Peugeot in the background was done with the same stuff too. And that really was a state!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    I use autoglym brings the polish up very well and importantly no streaking

7. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Guys, I sorry but I don't adhere to the if it is expensive, it must be good theory...
    Knowing that a number of the well regarded so called high end products are manufactured by you know who, and sold under labels X Y & Z...
    IMHO, as long as you clean/polish/protect your car properly, then it really doesn't matter what product you use.

"An uneducated opinion. Ferrari uses enamel"

Yes, that would be an uneducated opinion!

8. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    MURPH

HOLY JESUS..THAT THING IS SHINY RED WITH NO SCRATCHES

*yes I am screaming*

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    :) It took me the best part of 6hrs!

The AutoGlym stuff is a 4 stage work out for the right shoulder. Wash it, dry it (bummer of a job), polish it and then another different polish for the last bit. Then you have the glass and wheels to do. And can add even more top layers with different stuff if you want (I didn't want!).

The good thing though, once you've gone through this turmoil, is that subsequent washes are just the first 2 stages to get to this state once more. For a month or two anyway II've used AutoGlym on my 7, which is how I know).

The finish also helps protect the paint, and the first polish layer acts like a very mild T-Cut so can buff out minor scratches.

The most satisfactory bit in the process is the last polish. You leave the solution on for 60mins and it clouds over. When you lightly buff it off the colour really comes through. It's almost worth the aching!

All the bits including sponges, polishing cloths, chamois and 6 types of polish cost 42GBP in the high street (UK based) and will do about 6-7 cars I think.

The green peugeot you can just see was about as filthy as the 355 in the linked picture. So the car can be quite dirty when you start, just set aside a day to do it!

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Klasse is all I use. I use the "All in One" about once a year to clean the paint and the "Sealant" in between uses about twice a year.

11. VS1

VS1 Karting

Oct 16, 2002
    Beavercreek, OH
    Full Name:
    Vishal Soin
    I use Pinnacle on the Ferrari. I was using Zaino on the C5 Corvette - but recently tried Meguiar's NXT. Just as good as Zaino [IMHO] and a lot easier to get. I use Meguiar's Medallion on the daily drivers. All are great products if you take the time to prep/clay. I think the Pinnacle creates the deepest looking shine, but it's expensive stuff. Zaino is great if you want your car to look like its sheeted in plastic [but, it's very, very durable].

12. EVO8

EVO8 Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Cerritos, LA
    Full Name:
    Philip
  13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Try www.premiumautocare.com/klasse.html Be sure to get both the "All in One" and "Sealant Glaze" . The All in One has a mild polish that you only need once a year or so to remove acid rain marks, swirls and oxidized paint. It will make old paint look new again. The Sealant Glaze will put a shine on your car that you will not believe, and it last a pretty long time too. Cheaper than a lot of the other preminum products and much easier to apply and remove. Try it...you'll like it !

14. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I'm UK based - not sure whether AutoGlym is a global brand, but it's meant to be used by all the big names here.