Which restorer? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Which restorer?

Discussion in '206/246' started by SimplyRed, May 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VicJano

VicJano Karting

Dec 17, 2011
    Kingston upon Thames
    Full Name:
    Chris O'Connor
    Chris,
    Whilst I believe in keeping the car as original as possible, i think the body colour is so important with a 246, that I'd always go for the best colour for the car. and unfortunately metallic brown isn't it. I can't image that anyone would turn down (or pay less for ) a 246 in great condition and in Grigio Notte (amongst other colours), just because it wasn't the original colour. Have the car in what colour you like but take time to research which colour you like most and comlements the car. The 246 has fantastic curves and these are shown off best with certain colours; Grigio Notte being one of them IMHO.
    Chris

2. GarethExeter

GarethExeter Rookie

Jun 27, 2013
    UK

I am the person Iain was talking about. The car was previously restored by a so called expert, but the work was dire (please pm for the name if you want). On seeing Iains cars in Carrs Ferrari, Exeter (luckily I live there) there was only one course of action but to use the same guy - Graham from Stallion in Beeston. He is a perfectionist along with the trimmer he uses.

The guys at Carrs Ferrari are great too, in particular, the tech who works on these, no doubt aided by the knowledge of Iain. They are very reasonable cost wise.

I recently sold the Dino with ease due to the standard of the completed work, to fund a few other little car projects (old rusty porsches and mercs). I will only use Graham in the future.

I wouldn't be so concerned about where in the country the restorer is. A good one will remove the burden of needing to visit on too many occasions, and remove the need to visit to correct problems once the restoration is complete. Incidentally, Carrs have transport which is very reasonable too.

Good luck!

3. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #28 isuk, May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for chiming in Gareth. Your car looked fantastic once the two Grahams's had finished it. Robin told me it sold before he even managed to put it on the website which did not surprise me at all.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. GarethExeter

GarethExeter Rookie

Jun 27, 2013
    UK
    yes Iain, I think the guy who bought mine missed out on yours. Is one of yours up for sale in Carrs? Drove by the other day and saw a familiar coloured one. I am a tiny bit tempted!

5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Yes it is one of my cars they have. There is a deal to be done. Drop me a PM if you were interested.

6. GarethExeter

GarethExeter Rookie

Jun 27, 2013
    UK
    Going to have a think about it. I have no room so resorting to storage which isn't ideal. But there is always room to squeeze in another if the boss doesn't mind me digging up the garden for a bigger garage.

7. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    Some news about this Dino ?