which stainless exhaust? | FerrariChat

which stainless exhaust?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tonyt, Jan 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyt

tonyt Rookie

Jan 18, 2010
    kent, uk
    After attempting to get hold of an Ansa exhaust system to replace the worn out one on my 365gtc (they have promised delivery to my mechanic but simply haven't delivered and this has ben going on for 12 months or so) , I am minded to give up and just go for a stainless steel system.
    So....are all steel systems similar? or do you get large variances in sound type and level?

My existing exhaust comes out at 104.8db so I can just squeeze onto certain tracks and am wary about sticking on a system which is 'shouty' loud (I don't think it suits the car), but what is more important to me is not to ruin the lovely rich sound I get at the moment.

Any advice gratefully received - where should I be going in my search??

thanks
    Tony

2. maximilian.szwaj

Nov 10, 2003
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Maximilian Szwaj
    Tony,
    try Quicksilverexhausts in the UK.
    I am sure they can help, super quality and friendly service.
    Max.

3. 8339

8339 Karting

Oct 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Tony, having fit many ANSA, Quicksilver and Stebro exhaust systems, do yourself a favor and call TimeValve exhaust systems. www.timevalve.com 800-243-1170. Thier systems fit, are well made and sound great. The other systems take hours to fit sometimes.

4. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Somewhere on Tom Yang's site (www.tomyang.net) there is a comparison of several north american stainless systems with ANSA. It's worth looking for.

Regards,

Art S.

5. StephenB

StephenB Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2007
    S Florida
    Full Name:
    Stephen Bruno
    +1
    I have used them for several projects and they are high quality, always fit and sound great

6. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Hi Tony
    If you live in the UK the best quality and price you will get is Nouvalari Superb Speak to Richard or John they will more than glad to help you and you can,t beat their price and quality my Friend

7. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    i bought a spyder(daytonaUS spec), which had had the headers, resonators and mufflers replaced with timevalve stuff..

Manufacture quality was certainly OK, fit was better than most, my only complaint was that the "note" was just not quite right...
    The headers fit rather well I might add, as thius is your principle inquiry..FWIW...

8. tonyt

tonyt Rookie

Jan 18, 2010
    kent, uk
    thanks for all of your referrals to suppliers - these really are most appreciated.

Most referrals so far appear to have been to exhaust shops that either make replacement exhausts (similar sound etc), or make noisier ones (larini, capristo etc). A third category is a race exhaust....

which would sound a bit odd given that I am not racing it, but I wonder if there are any merits - these guys (BTB exhausts) appear to put power gain as top priority (not really surprising!). Do you think I should be wary of stressing / breaking something mechanical if I went down this route?
    dyno figures from 2010 indicated 285hp & 315ft/lbs if this helps establish how engine is running today

many thanks
    tony

9. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
    I was pleased with the Stebro stainless system on my old 330 GTC.
    They copy the original ANSA system for aesthetics and fit and the sound is equivalent.
    Stebro gives you options for finish: OEM black painted, raw stainless or polished stainless.
    Their prices are also competitive; though enquire about the shipping cost from Canada to GB.

10. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just as a thought, if you want to keep the original look and exact sound, I have rebuilt many Ansa systems, retaining the ID plates, and brackets, everything else is new, inside and out. You can see examples on my web site at www.bobileff.comn, and look in the restoration section.
    Gary Bobileff