Which Supercar Would You Choose? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Which Supercar Would You Choose?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Rossocorsa1, Nov 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    He added another Ferrari Supercar that has been produced since the old thread from 3 years ago, the LaFerrari Aperta.

Although, I tend to consider the Aperta as a variant of the LaFerrari.

That said, you have to love these threads where the OP gives a defined multiple choice of A, B, C, D, E or F to select from, and then people immediately come on and choose H, M or X!

Hilarious.

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

HA. That is funny. I understand why people add those variants, though they are primarily racing versions of the Supercars, which is why I didn’t include them.

As for the LaFerrari Aperta, certainly it is a LaFerrari, though they do have some interesting design alterations (such as the doors and mirrors), not to mention some prefer coupes over open tops. I for one prefer the coupe.

joe sackey likes this.
  3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Understood, its a subjective thread, all in good fun.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Sounds like some of u might want the new tesla roadster ;) 1.9 0-60, 250mph top speed,600+miles reserve;))

Jokes aside i would get the f40lm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Interesting to see that neither on this thread nor the earlier one started years ago, the Enzo comes out as a favorite.
    It actually comes out as the least liked.
    While the design is impressive, bares the name of the founder, atmospheric v12....

My pick would be the Enzo.

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’ve actually had people say things like “it hasn’t aged well”. Obviously all the Supercars are amazing, but the Enzo is insane. I love it. It just seems (and sounds) ferocious. Having said that, my thoughts on my favorite Supercar changes almost weekly.

7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the issue with the enzo is that what you are getting for your money is just the design and the cache of owning it. not inconsiderable, but.....

the performance of that car has now been matched and eclipsed by the regular road cars.
    the styling is divisive - i like it, but many do not
    and there is no special something to it; not the first or the last, higher build numbers than a 288gto, no real connection to racing, no mythical status.

i like it, and on my list, it would come second.
    but, for the same money as that, i would rather have a zonda.

Bas likes this.
  8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Which doesn't have any of the above either and is a worse car. Lol.

9. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    How about the driving experience?
    In few years, LaFerrari performance will be eclipsed by road cars as well.
    Is the enzo a special experience?

288GTO probably the most "classic" experience.
    F40, raw, and very special in its own right.
    F50, F1 engine, best sounding, open top, ....

LaFerrari, the fastest most modern. Is it "that" special? I can see the LaFerrari fall out of fancy and love in few years just like the Enzo does now.

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I'm surprised. I mean, to each their own. But, the Enzo is a Ferrari, not Pagani. I like Pagani's but it really is a totally different animal. Despite what some interesting detractors on here would have everyone believe, Ferrari is still the greatest auto brand in world and remains the standard by which its competitors gauge themselves. Of course the Enzo design is subjective. I happen to love it, but I guess some may not. As far as it's performance, of course today's cars will eclipse it, just as later cars out performed the F40, etc. Also, the Enzo is special frankly because it is a Ferrari supercar. Plus, 400 is pretty rare company. Oh, and the doors are pretty awesome too. Damn things sounds insane too. Anyhow, we're all fans.

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Personally, I think the LaFerrari is absolutely gorgeous. I think the car is the perfect flagship for the modern brand. Also, given how strongly the market has held for the Enzo (and all supercars), I would hardly say it has fallen out of fancy. Again, this is all subjective. I love them all, but the Enzo is also a pretty raw and visceral animal. Naturally, it is more technologically advanced because it is a later model.

12. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    ferrari is great. i know it. and if you doubt my fanaticism for the red cars, just look at my inventory.

however, if you have ever seen, ridden in, or driven a pagani, you will know that anything horatio builds, makes any ferrari look like a kit car. and 'special, does not even begin to describe a pagani.
    the total number of road going zonda's is less than 150 units, so the rarity is there.
    the performance is there, but we are not talking about track time since none of us are regularly taking any ferrari supercar on the track in anger. so stat comparisons are irrelevant.
    no, i will stick to my guns. at the $1.5 million + mark, i will take anything made by pagani over another ferrari supercar.

Bas likes this.
  13. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Would you take a Miura instead? Just saw one for sell at 1.5M. I find owning one extremely special.

14. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    absolutely!

15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Don’t get me wrong. I’m actually a fan of the Pagani philoy and “idea”. I actually started a thread about them here:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/thoughts-on-pagani.563759/

Still, I see their cars as more artwork. I also think their designs are just odd (obviously subjective) and the fact that they don’t develop their own original engine leaves them separated from the rest from a legitimacy standpoint.

16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The F50 with its stock exhaust doesn't sound that special next to a LF which shrieks like an N/A F1 car.
    The appeal of the F40 was its performance. What is it so special about it now other than being an unwieldy animal to drive?

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I 've always wondered how people can stand the kitsch design (mostly in the interior) of Paganis (and Spykers for that matter). They are downright offensive. But even if we disregard aesthetics, I wouldn't be able to live with a lazy German engine in my Italian hyper-exotic.

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login You have to give Pagani credit for having great taste. When it came time for him to open his own wallet and buy a car, he himself bought a Ferrari.

19. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    He just like all manufacturers buy cars and probably take them apart to see how they work.
    For what we know he owns a Carrera GT, a 918, a tdf.
    If I was him, creating design and driving experience, driving them and see what others do and how they do it is exactly what I would do.

20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

It’s a Taylor Made f12 tdf. Seemingly Ferrari felt him special enough for that service and he felt enough of the car to want one made to that level.

21. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  22. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    do you think a mclaren F1 is not a legitimate sports car because it runs a bmw engine? how about a lola that runs a ford v8?

23. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    everybody has different tastes. luckily

24. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Enzo. In black.
    T

Dave rocks likes this.
  25. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Honestly, I know so little about the F1 that you taught me something today. I had no idea that it has a BMW engine.