Which Supercar Would You Choose? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Which Supercar Would You Choose?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Rossocorsa1, Nov 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    In what way are they worse exactly?

2. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    You make these sound like facts.
    Are you speaking from first hand experience behind the wheel or just regurgitating magazine wisdom?

3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    When they were sold together the Enzo was both quicker and more exciting to drive. Afterwards the Zonda was heavily upgraded but I don't think we should compare a 2002 Enzo with a 2010 Zonda. As another member said, people have different preferences.

@BarryK: How could one judge sound from a magazine? I thought we were all talking from experience.

4. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I am not, Are you?

5. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    F50 without hesitation.. and park it next to my 355..!

6. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    That is not a counter argument to my earlier point.

Your point as to Pagani buying himself a Ferrari when it comes to spending his money on a car, implying that Ferraris are the best vs Paganis, does not take into account the reality (he also has several Porsche supercars), the likely reality (it is not "his" money but his company money), and the hard reality (if Pagani wants to take apart a Ferrari, he does not need Ferrari to be generous and grant him a car, he can source any car at any time on the secondary market, Ferrari knows that, so they actually do a good PR job by having the boss of another car manufacturer driver their car, and take no risk. Not necessarily a factor of them granting him a privilege as they value his ownership).

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    My point being, as much as Pagani is awesome and he has created an amazing company building some incredible works of art, at the end of he day, himself, orders a Taylor Made Ferrari. As you said, for the purposes of research, etc., he can simply acquire a Ferrari from the secondary marketer and dismantle it. But, for his own purposes (and because he likely respects Ferrari as the greatest automotive marque ever) he designed a bespoke Taylor Made tdf.

8. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    its an irrelevance.
    horatio owns many cars. so did enzo.
    you are trying to say that this infers that he considers his own cars so inferior that he must own a prancing horse.
    bs.

9. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    288 GTO. Sex on wheels.

IMHO

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Not going to get into a big argument over this. I have high regard for Pagani and his company. They create some incredible cars. They are artwork, but not at the same level of others in the exotic car realm. There is a clear distinction in my view. And yes, I think Pagani has high regard for Ferrari and everything it represents (Porsche too).

11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    and while we are at it....i would have a koenigsegg 'one to one' before i bought another ferrari supercar.

12. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Aperta LaF in Canna Di Fucile
    In 20 years it will still look great because of its timeless design and stealth aero.
    The others are classics but became dated quickly except for the 288 which would be my seco day choice

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I never drove an Enzo but hear the antiquated slow shifting gear box hurts the car substantially. The naturally aspirated Paganis are amazing cars, but the new turbo charged car is not worth the money IMO. Too bad the pre Huayra cars can't be imported to the US.

14. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Laughable argument.

Anyway, if there's one thing to observe from this thread, is that when it comes to favourite supercar, people generally want to also talk about cars beyond the 288-LaF series, rather than go through the same old discussion from the previous thread. Guess it really shows the strength of competition Ferrari now faces.

15. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    +1

16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Of course, you’re welcome to prefer any cars you like. Enjoy what you prefer. For me, Ferrari has been and remains the pinnacle of the automotive world. This thread is about the Ferrari Supercars.