Which team will be the most improved next year? | FerrariChat

Which team will be the most improved next year?

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Nov 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

who will be the most improved team next year?

1. Haas

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. McLaren

39 vote(s)
    69.6%
  3. Toro Rosso

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Force India

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Williams

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. Sauber

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is for the middle pack teams, not the top three.

IMO, it will be Sauber with Ferrari/ Alfa power and Leclerc.

For McLaren it's put up or shut up time. All year they said they had "the best" chassis but were down on power. Next year if they aren't right there neck and neck with RB you would have to say it's a failure. So, they have a lot to prove to be "improving".

Toro Rosso will have Honda power. Big if. It could be great and it could be terrible.

Force India always punches above it's weight. Good team.

I don't expect much out of Haas. In fact with Ferrari giving more support to Sauber I see them going backwards.

Williams has driver issues. I can't see them going anywhere unless Kubica turns out to be the something special he was years ago

ricksb likes this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Mclaren with ease.

NürScud and 375+ like this.
  3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree with your assessment. Sauber should also dramatically improve. Williams will be the victim of the rest and suffer the biggest drop.

4. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I saw an interesting Japanese F1 website the other day. They claimed McLaren has been running with more downforce than others all year to improve the handling in the corners but slow their top speed and blaming it on a lack of power from the Honda.

I'm not sure how accurate it is but its a rather interesting theory.

5. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    I voted McLaren because they have no other choice but to be dramatically better. If they are just as bad with a different engine (after all the **** talking this season) I don't think you'll be able to even hear their car over all the laughing.

I'd like for Haas to be but I don't think they are going anywhere with their driver lineup.

Bas likes this.
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It could be true, Alonso of course going flat out through pouhon in Spa this year....Could be a truth to it but on both sides.

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Its a little off topic but....

RB really wants Honda to come through so they can eventually throw out the Renault. Honda wants to show they can do it after all. I can see Honda doing a "surprising" turn around next year. Torro Rosso won't be the Honda whiners like McLaren was.

8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Thats easy. Mclaren

However, If Kubica manages to score over 150pts for the season and Stroll just 5pts over his 40 this season then surely between the two it's close to 200pts.......I would'nt know how to rate that?:D

vinuneuro likes this.
  9. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I still believe in Honda showing up with a good package but I also believe (as I always have) that it will take time.

I voted for McLaren but I think Williams are in a good position to show much promise.

10. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    Regardless, all eyes are on McLaren. It'll either be a great success, or miserable failure. I'm banking on the former but you never know, they need to redo a lot to make it work, and only a few months to get it right.

11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Like I said, McLaren's target has to be RB. Same motor. If they do not beat RB regularly then you would have to call their season a failure. Is someone going to say Alonso is not as good as Max and that's the reason they can't beat them? I doubt it.

Bas likes this.
  12. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    2018 is make or break for McLaren with all there talk of having the best chassis now that they have a better engine if they are not fighting for podiums they are history.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    This should be a no brainer,but not so sure that Mclaren will pull it off the Renault donkey can be a bit troublesome.Toro Rosso might be a wild card if Honda manages to get back to their glory days,although their new driver line up is already looking a bit rocky, Ghastly and Goldilocks.

14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Mclaren obviously but not to the point where they can challenge for the championship.

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I think nex year there will be 3 teams with big improvement, xeroxMclaren, AlfasauberFerrari, Renault.....these are the big 3 for me..i also expect a good step forward from williams...

16. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    A quick look at the speed trap figures from Monza this year shows this theory to be as likely as the flat earth theory. But if it helps them save face, then I suppose I get it...

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Honestly I do not doubt what you say. Saving face is important and the Honda / McLaren marriage has been a disaster for both.

subirg likes this.
  18. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Ferrari. Next question?

P.Singhof likes this.
  19. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I'm cheering for Renault...a team with real world roots in the auto industry. Of course the French can be as stupid and foolish as the Italians. But it was Renault that intro'd turbos into the F1 world. Everyone gave them thumbs down at first but soon they were all following Renault's lead. I'd like to see them pull something like that out of the hat.

20. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    They may have turned up the engines to 11 for the last race but again the theory noted above is surely also disproven by Alonso being easily fourth fastest in the race at Abu Dhabi and apparently passing the Mercedes powered Williams of Massa on the back straight

And I hope they are the most improved - in many ways sadly Haas has been very disappointing this year doing nothing special - Renault are going to need to remember how to win which may take another season - around 2012 they lost many podium by just not being as clever strategically as their rivals

21. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    McLaren will be most improved and will do well. Not sure who will be their sponsors...

Robb

22. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’ve gone toro rosso, on the basis that red bulls people will be going all out to get Honda up to speed ready for a works red bull effort at zero dollars in 2019. Renault aren’t reliable enough for me to make the difference for the other runners, mclaren will do well with the new supplier, but the rest are pretty much at their level (force India, of course with Mercedes engines, a case in point, they’ve hit the limit, surely, of what they can do on their budget). If Honda get it right, and Renault stay as is, toro rosso could be gunning for fourth in the championships as they always have a good car.

23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

I heard mothercare were in the frame, along with Huggies nappies, after all the whining and throwing of toys out of the pram the last few years. However, they are having to end their long personal sponsorships of elton to do so, so it may be a false flag!

24. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    I'm hoping for a McLaren rebound and agree with "The Mayor" that Sauber might be on the uptake although
    I have doubts about their ability to upgrade their car as the season progresses?

25. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    And I was going to say hopefully the Lions!

But I really think it will be McLaren, at least it should be.