355 - Which Tubi Muffler (non-Evolution) do you really have? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

355 Which Tubi Muffler (non-Evolution) do you really have?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ShineKen, Dec 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EFerrari34

EFerrari34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Ha! Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. EFerrari34

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    I’m in contact with the people I bought it through now; when they respond (and I translate) that should put it to bed.

3. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    When Tubi Style factory respond that should put it to bed :D What’s custom with this exhaust? Looks like normal Tubi exhaust. I just try get the facts straight as for me looks just like any normal Tubi. Maybe the reseller lie/did not know/ oversold to close the deal.

4. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
  5. michaelz

michaelz Karting

Jul 7, 2017
    Melbourne Australia
    My car used to have this one with a single pipe with dual tips.

[​IMG]

Can confirm it's likely the original version and very old.

The newer Tubi Evolution is now twin piped not a single per above.No experience with how the new one sounds but the old one sounded exactly like the BestMotoring videos.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
  7. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Tubi makes 3 versions currently - regular, loud, and evolution. The regular and loud look identical. You can’t judge an exhaust’s sound by how it looks.

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    If you really want to know for sure if it's special or not, send it to me :).

Tarek307 likes this.
  9. EFerrari34

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Thank you Phil.

On that note; I’m going to bow out. I can’t compete with that kind of ego. I was trying to contribute, but it’s didn’t seem to help this time. What was posted was part of the story. I’m not here for the drama.

If anyone want to know the actual facts (and entire story) of this exhaust & transaction; please contact me like numerous people already have.

Good Motoring to all!

10. EFerrari34

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    If it sounds like the standard Tubi; I may do that. Ha.

11. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #86 Senshi458, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    So before you bow out here is my take on this:

First of all Im not here for drama, I just asked you some simple questions and asked for proof + facts. You sent me DMs right after I asked this questions and called me "jerk" + ego :D :D I can share full DM chat if anyone interested. I did never disrespect you in any form

Trust me I have no issues with my ego and I try not to be any jerk :cool::D

So the claims you made think if some people on this forum or in future Google this F1 JPN and buys the same exhaust from Japan and paid big shipping cost, just because they thought it was special and it was not. I dont say its not special, I might be wrong, but you dont think anyone should question your claims?o_O For me it looks just like normal Tubi exhaust. As I told you the best to get answer this is Tubi Style the company that made the exhaust.

Your fact is you installed translation app and try to communicate with some Japan people to get secret/special Tubi exhaust. And you present to us here, and then you get mad when someone questions you.

So here is the facts/claims from you:
    - Your Tubi exhaust has number engraved on it and therefore you think this meaning its custom build special edition exhaust + the dealer told you so. If check post #35 you say: "The dealer contacted me & gave me the engraved number on the exhaust (which apparently means it is a custom build)".

12. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    For what it’s worth all Tubis I have purchased have the engraving on it…

Senshi458 likes this.
  13. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I think Tubi started put engraving number on all new Tubi exhaust + the "only competition" I think is for legal reasons so they not get sued.

14. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Those things too yes, point is the 355 has a glorious sound,. The 355 intake from plenum out to air absolutely contributes. The car howls for certain, like an F1 so to speak, not literally but reminiscent of.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
  16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Here are reasons why I think it’s very possible this a custom-spec muffler from Tubi:

1. Just going off Fchat alone, no one has bought a brand new standard Tubi muffler in 15 … maybe 20 years. A new standard Tubi muffler is the same price as a new EVO muffler. There’s really no reason to buy one new. Anyone’s who’s bought a new Tubi, it’s always been an EVO and it seems those have always been numbered since it’s introduction in 2008. Standard Tubis go for sale for about $1000-$1500 used all day. I sold mine for $1100. It’s considered by the majority - not that great. It was cool when the 355 first came out and there were few options.

2. Standard Tubis were mostly purchashed between the mid 90’s till early 2000’s. Same goes for most of Japan. Most of time you see one used, it looks pretty old. Like a relic of the past. The very few standard Tubis that are numbered, they’re low numbers. The Tubi on BAT is numbered “5405” . That’s old. 90% of used standard Tubis don’t have a serial number. But they all at the minimum say “only competition” so there’s nothing special about that.

In short …. No one buys standard Tubis anymore. Not for at least 15 years. Many other better mufflers have come into play over the last 20 years. The selection is even higher in Japan.

3. Having said that, there really shouldn’t be any NOS standard Tubi someone’s trying to get rid of. If you look at his serial number, it is right in line with Reza’s and Elliot’s serial numbers, which means it was built recently. The Japanese know what’s up. They’re not buying brand new standard Tubis - unless it was actually special.

4. EFerrari ordered this muffler in March. He just got it now. If someone in Japan was trying to get rid of a NOS standard Tubi to some stranger in the U.S for $5k, they would’ve shipped it right away. If I found a sucker who was willing to pay $5-6k for a muffler I stupidly bought for $3k that no one wants, I’m shipping it the same day. At the very least, his serial number should confirm from Tubi Italy a rough estimate of when it was made or when it was ordered.

5. The reason I started this thread to begin with is because you can’t tell what’s going inside the mufflers from the outside. The magic happens inside. Perhaps there might be clues such as serial numbers on a standard Tubi (single pipe) to maybe indicate a “Race” muffler, but we still don’t know for certain.

6. I posted an old Japanese blog from 2009 which corroborates the story of 10 special custom mufflers from Tubi going for about $4500-$5k. I’ll post it again.

7. There is a ripped tag on the bag. Efferrari needs to find the other half of the tag. But is supposed says “F1 JPN”. It’s an official Tubi tag with serial numbers. Hopefully he finds and posts the other half.

17. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #92 Senshi458, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    But Tubi Style factory confirm this is NOT special edition or any custom exhaust, what more do we need maybe Marcel Massini can confirm :p:D

This is part 01059791000R possible to buy from everywhere to everyone no secret Japan sauce

C'dwic likes this.
  18. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
  19. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Is it possible these special exhausts are built “off the books” by a certain Tubi employee and aren’t an official product? That would explain this whole thing.

20. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Id be surprised by that but its an awesome theory! :)

ChoonHound likes this.
  21. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    in an underground cave off a secret passage not far from the Tubi Factory :) lol

Senshi458 likes this.
  22. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
  23. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I dont think this is plausible, also all facts point to one direction part 01059791000R + if they share picture of the plastic with label it will say that part number.

I dont belive Tubi Style factory have anything to gain by lie.
    It is what it is, I think this exhaust is very good + should be loud sound but not custom made for Japan secret etc. :p

C'dwic likes this.
  24. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    We know how you feel. You’ve ceased to add anything new or interesting to the conversation. Let it go.

25. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I think he's just trying to let us know that its possible there was a miscommunication, and that there is a chance this is not a one-off, which is actually valuable information, especially that he contacted TUBI offices etc...

i thought you were kidding, you're actually serious with this comment??

C'dwic and Senshi458 like this.