355 - Which Tubi Muffler (non-Evolution) do you really have? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

355 Which Tubi Muffler (non-Evolution) do you really have?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ShineKen, Dec 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    It's not about my feelings, but facts. Facts + numbers never lie :cool:
    I hope someone considering to buy this "custom" Tubi exhaust from Japan DO their own due diligence.

No more post from me on this, if you want to belive some secret Ferrari illuminate society in Japan have access to Tubi custom formula secret loud exhaust no other people on earth have access to then :D

ChoonHound likes this.
  2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah.... they don't. As long as he enjoys it, all is well that ends well.

Senshi458 likes this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    One of the questions I have is… if I order this muffler, will the tag say “F1 USA” or will it be blank?

Eurospares might have 1 in stock. If the tag says, “F1 UK” then maybe its just a designation indication more than some kind of description for a custom muffler.

At one point, I had contemplated asking Capristo to build me a muffler with less baffling for low speeds. When the air flows through the quiet chambers. But I wouldn’t expect them to change their product code or introduce it as a new offering (ex. Capristo 4 etcc). It would be more like… order me a Capristo 3, but make it with less baffling.

I know @INTMD8 ordered a custom Capristo 2 without the extra bung built-in for 5.2 cars. I’m sure the product number was still the same. That muffler isn’t advertised anywhere by Capristo.

I just think it’s possible manufacturers are open to some level of customization if enough orders are given, but at the same time they’re not interested in further complicating their offerings by introducing a new product with a new product number. It’s simply easier to just tag it with the number that makes the most sense, which in this case is the number for the louder exhaust.

So when a random employee looks it up, it just shows an existing product number and to her it’s nothing special.

The info we need to find is if 10x were ordered and who in Tubi was specifically responsible for that order going to Japan. That person would be the one to speak with. There should be a trail.

If no one in Japan placed an order for 10 of these specifically, I’d consider it a hoax or a least some massive failed communication where someone thought they were ordering something custom and it was not.

As far as I know, I haven’t seen discussion anywhere indicating the louder Tubi is a better muffler than the EVO. The louder Tubi was available a decade before the EVO. If it was known to be better, that sentiment would be out on the open by now. I see it as an early offering that was maybe decent and ultimately overshadowed when the EVO came out in 08.

I see no reason someone would order a louder Tubi today over an EVO.

This reminds me:

I ordered a “custom-spec” Larini GT2 Phase 2 muffler.

https://www.larinisystems.com/collection/ferrari/f355-challenge/larini-gt2-exhaust-assembly-inco

I have it. It has a serial number and everything. But nowhere on my invoice does it say “custom”. Still has the same product number as a standard Larini GT2 Phase 2 muffler anyone could order.

So I can’t prove I have a custom Larini. Heck, I don’t even know if they even built me a custom muffler or they’re pulling my leg. I honestly can’t tell you. The only “proof” I really have is the conversation I had with the Larini sales person (direct with Larini UK, not a distributor) before I ordered it. All I know is he told me he’ll custom spec it to my preferences. But honestly, I don’t care if it’s “custom”or “limited”. Only thing I care for is if it sounds good or not.

jimmym and Ferrarium like this.
  4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thinking out loud, could it just be a group buy and communication gap, translation and all, maybe Japan consumers prefer the loud one and Tubi needs order of 10 to make them since no one orders them, or something close to that like loud with Evo tips as custom?

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The Evo tips was actually a choice. He was given 2 options. Rolled tips (Evo) or “race exhaust” tips. He chose Evo tips. I prefer race tips. I didn’t even think about this, but this an important detail. Someone trying to get rid of something isn’t going to give choices. This indicates this was indeed made to order … recently.

I’ll double-check, but I should be able to order a louder exhaust right now.

There’s a flip side to all this. It’s healthy to be skeptical, but it’s good to have balance. Let’s say EFerrari34’s muffler does sound really good. If someone goes and orders a louder exhaust and finds out it doesn’t sound the same, I’m sure he’d be pissed as well.

If his muffler doesn’t sound any good or simply sounds okay, to me it wouldn’t matter if it’s custom or not. It wouldn’t be desirable and that’s where it ends.

I’m reserving judgment until I hear it.

6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Well, if anyone knows the sounds, its you. This could be amazing Japanese secret sauce. No... if that was the case it would be the Kreissieg.:)

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    They claimed close to Kreissieg. That's a big claim and I don't recall anyone saying any Tubi is close to Kreissieg. So if it doesn't sound anything remotely close, then we call BS and call it a day.

8. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Man the Kreissieg is something.

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    If you put two cars on the same dyno, identical in every way except the muffler, run it at a specific RPM with a specific load and record it by professionals, using professional equipment, set up by a professional, on the same day I'll believe the differences I hear in the recording are due tot he muffler as long as I play it back on the same sound system, in the same room, at the same volume with the same temperature and relative humidity.

11. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    With some Italian products there is a mystique to them i.e.(cars, mufflers) and probably many more products.:)

12. C'dwic

C'dwic Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2021
    France
    What's go in on ?
    What a story !
    So we know more about this exhaust ?
    At least we are sure that this exhaust is equipped with a flange from Japan or Italia ?? That's the question