White leather interior? | FerrariChat

White leather interior?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BigGenerator, Nov 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigGenerator

BigGenerator Rookie

Jul 9, 2017
    White leather looks great in the car configurator... Anyone with experience with white leather, especially for seats? How does it hold up?
    Configuring a 488 spider....
    Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Not in a Ferrari but had white leather in another car. It held up nicely but the most noticeable thing is denim will dye transfer (I suppose it would on any color) but noticeable on white.

Cleans off easily but will require more upkeep to stay looking perfect compared to darker colors. Unless you wear white linen pants anyway :D

docf, bberg009 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    Only for the brave ones who don't mind constantly cleaning seats and even then have them look "dirty" .. had white seats in a classic, but it was pure hell to keep them looking good...

docf likes this.
  4. Bdel

Bdel Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Hollis, NH
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I have a white interior in my AMG. I dont have any denim staining problem. Ferrari leather may be different. It does look dirty a lot faster than other colors, but a simple wipe once a week of the drivers seat with a leather cleaner/conditioner does the trick

5. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sounds like work and a host of other issues with passengers. I’m gonna say no go. Best , Kirk

6. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    I think white leather would look sick...I would contrast with black dash and carpet or a combonation of that...

7. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    As stated above constant headache. Denim is a problem in white interior seats of Ferrari & MB. MB because of type leather or final finish cleaned very easy. Clean often,clean early after finding. God forbid an ink stain. Be extremely careful of product you use. White looks rich, but looks awful when dirty or stained.

8. tobewiser

tobewiser Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2015
    Acworth, GA, USA
    #8 tobewiser, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    "Linen" white CF race seats are fantastic color options, especially with darker exterior colors, e.g. TDF Blue. However, the Alcantara insert is not recommended due to non-matching white to the side leather unless you order contrasting insert colors. Linen white color is unique, especially when ordered in asymmetric arrangements like what Ferrari does to the F60. I've had 'white' and 'Linen" white interiors in both the Bentley Continental GTC and RR Ghost. They are not any more high maintenance than any other colors and don't show dust or leather creases as easily as dark colors. Dirts are easily visible and you can clean it straight away. Every dream car should be unique and personal. Some color choices demand a bit more creativity and imagination. The Ferrari atelier advisors in Maranello usually come up with unique solutions. Linen white remains my favorite interior color if exterior color justifies for it. e.g., just imagine linen white seats with this blue exterior...it will be stunning!

Attached Files:

9. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I've had a TTS with white/black interior and my current 458 spyder is crema.

It's gorgeous, but takes a little care. I always put huge thick 100% cotton bath towels on the seats so I never sit directly on them.

10. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Beautiful...

11. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    It looks amazing. I saw a matte silver f12 with the white leather and it was honestly the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen. That said I’m sure it was hard to keep clean but after someone bought it I’ve never seen it again so I’m guessing it’s sitting in someone’s garage. lol

12. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    WHITE. Maybe good for a garage queen.

Beige Daytonas on my 458 spider are hard enough to keep looking good. Beige leather headliner on a spider is a pain. Black would have been perfect.

13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Id ruin them in a week

14. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have Sabbia in my CalifTHS and it's amazing. It gets a little dirty but it's worth the look.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

15. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Never had a Ferrari or any other car with that seat color, so can't talk out of experience.

Nonetheless, I think visually they look absolutely stunning, a home-run namely in the 488.

On a more practical side, be prepared to be a slave to those seats. In the most literal and true sense of the word.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

16. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    Have to admit that those white seats looks awsome, if I had a "James" to keep them clean in my batcave, I would definitely consider them...

17. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    I have crema racing seats in my 575m, wear jeans most of the time, have never had any issue with the seats becoming discolored, and have had no problems keeping them looking like new.