Who are the good Ferrari Mechanics in the GTA? | FerrariChat

Who are the good Ferrari Mechanics in the GTA?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 996, Aug 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    Just wondering who everyone (Ferrari-owners) are going to for their servicing. I guess there's the normal annual servicing...as well as the "my car died and I don't know what's wrong" type of servicing.

I'm looking for a good mechanic (fair, honest and talented...not necessarily the cheapest) to look after my F-car...for normal servicing (i.e. oil changes, annual maintenance, brakes, etc.) If you know of a good one you can refer me to that has a shop in the North end of Toronto, that would be great (i.e. in Markham, Richmond Hill, or Woodbridge).

Thanks!

2. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    I'm sure this has been covered a few times already :)

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20495&highlight=recommend+mechanic

Tbakowsky is a consultant on Fchat and is located in Toronto somewhere - no idea where. I think he needs some help paying for renovation supplies for his new digs too. He did a great job helping me inspect/validate a couple cars last year.

FoO of course.

I'm sure there were other's mentioned - but not my turf so no slight to the other great mechanics I'm not aware of.

3. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Tom (Tbakowsky) is one of the best.

4. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    Yes, I've heard Tom is the best! Tom...I would bring my car to you, but I know you're in Oakville...so that's a good 80km away for me...and all I need is an oil change. If I'm doing my 30K service, I'd definitely make the trip without hesitation.

Isn't there a place up North that is realiable and you won't get taken to the cleaners on a simple oil change?

Does anyone know how much an oil change is for a 348 at FoO?

Well, if I can't find someone trustworthy in Woodbridge (Ferrari-land), I will make the trip to Oakville/Burlington.

Again...Tom...no offense...I know you're the best! and you have a HUGE following here. I just don't need a neural surgeon to give me a flu shot...especially if the neural surgeon is in another city.

5. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Besides Tom there is Rocco. Victoria Park/Gerrard area (sorry, don't know anyone in North). I am sort of northish, I do most of my own work, even did the belts and idlers this spring. I'm not prepared to work on other people's cars though, sorry. I am strictly amateur and only take responsibility for mistakes on my own car :)

If all you need is an oil change, (and filter I assume) this is not difficult to do yourself.

Gerrit

6. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    Thanks Gerrit,
    But that does bring up a good point....do others on the list do work on their own cars? I'm not handy...so it'll be either Rocco or Tom that will do mine, to take the advice of the forum.

Thanks for all the advice guys....oh, don't let my name fool you, I'm no longer a Porsche guy....just a F-guy now. There's nothing like an f-Car.

BTW...check this out: http://www.landedentertainments.com/projects/pretender/images/karate.jpg
    They used my car in this move last year! (no that's not me...they're actors)

7. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Some of us do our own work. Some pay others to do it. Others do what they can and pay for the rest. For me it is > 50% of the pleasure I get out of ownership. My criteria when buying the hobby car was it had to have Webers and be easy to work on. Buying a 1960's Alfa would have done the job as well (I had a 45DCOE on my 1961 bugeye Sprite, and my 1969 1750GTV came with them. Incomparable sound!)
    I hope that wherever you end up getting your oil change done, you can watch and learn. Even if you don't end up doing the work yourself in future, you will know how it was done.
    Great that they used your car. Our house has been used many times for commercials, latest is Rogers HiSpeed (the guy taking photographs of his kids, including on a trampoline)

Gerrit
    http://dino308gt4.com

8. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    Call Dennis Rak 416-741-8674 at Autotech - he services my Porsche, Ferrari and BMW - he's very good and is located literally right beside the Ferrari dealer at 400 & Steeles. Tell him I gave you his number.

Morry

9. Ragin Bull

Ragin Bull Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    Modena Sports Cars, 27 & Steeles, Tony has worked on Ferrari's for almost 20 years with factory training. 416-401-8887. BTW he only speciallizes on Ferrari's.

Mike

10. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Here are some that I use:

Autostrada 2000 - Woodbridge, ON

Engineered Automotive - Concord, ON --> (Probably the best Mechanics in Toronto, seriously and highly recommended)

11. sfm

sfm Karting

Oct 21, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I am located in Oakville and am considering purchasing my first Ferrari (probably a 328). I have read good things on this site about Mr. Tbakowsky and his ability to service F-cars. Is he located in Oakville? If so, what is his company name and address. As for buying a car, does anyone have any experience dealing with Caliber Automobiles, Daytona or Gentry Lane? Anyone know of any good cars for sale? I am in no rush, but will probable buy something this winter.

12. neilmac

neilmac Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Oakville, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Neil
    You have a PM.

Neil

13. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    i deal with them on a daily basis, try autoforum or give me a ring I can get you whatever you want.

14. AndruetBiche

AndruetBiche Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2006
    Hi Gerrit are you in the GTA? I'm wondering if you had a weber carb syncrometer I could borrow for my 1961 Ferrari 250 GT and my Alpine Renault rally car. I usually use bathtub hose for the final idle mix. Like you I prefer to do my own setup so I know its done right and so I can pass it on to my son. I guess your GT4 has DCNFs - nice carb I had them on my Fiat Abarth X19 Stradale.

15. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Oh? Any pics of the X19 Stradale? :)

16. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Hi Andruet
    Yes I have a synchrometer. Send me a PM and we can hook up.

Gerrit

17. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Trying to locate Tom Brakowsky. Anyone have his contact details?

18. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
  19. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Tom Bakowsky is the best. Been with him for more than ten years, I have followed him as he moved between various repair shops including his own, and he knows everything Ferrari - and Lamborghini, Aston, Bentley, and on and on. He's now at Cross Avenue Motors in Oakville - 905 845 0666 - and been there several years.

Sam Nessan is the owner of Cross and a terrific man to have as a friend as a resource and you can rely on him. Tom and Cross Avenue Motors are highly recommended by me - I am lucky to have three Ferraris, two Mini Coopers and a Range Rover all looked after by Tom and Sam, with high quality work done, very fair pricing, and they stand behind everything they do - exceptional in these days. I feel fortunate they're close to home!