Who do you like to see in the Ferrari seats post MS era? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who do you like to see in the Ferrari seats post MS era?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Tifoso1, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    "Who do you like to see in the Ferrari seats post MS era? "

One of us, one from ferrarichat.com!!!;)
    - Roland E. Linder
    or
    - Rob Lay

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Really ... well I say BRING EM ON! ... then atleast I would be closer to being part of the F1 circus :D :D :D

Hahaha, er, oh no, who is that knocking on my door ... er, hmm, er ... ;)

Pete

3. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

JV for one season. Like someone said, having the name on the car again would be pretty cool. The car would still probably be competitive for the year post-MS. Whoever steps in the seat will have huge racing booties to fill, probably unfillable. Let JV have it for one year and see how he does. At any rate, it will be a time for rebuilding for Ferrari.

However, after MS leaves and his technical crew retires Ferrari will go back to being just one of the competitive teams rather than the dominant team. They will need not only outstanding drivers, but also outstanding technical crewmembers going forward.

Perhaps the driver choices will not be as important as who is the technical director, engine design manager, aerodynamicist, etc. Many current drivers could win in todays Ferrari, but I doubt even MS could win in a substandard car (Sauber for example). Given the sponsor's financial backing, and the prestige of Ferrari in F1, they should be able to poach the best technical talent from the other teams to fill in the holes as Shumacher's team bow out with him. A strong overall leader will be needed to keep the egos and politics in check.

Now for the drivers choices after the team has been rebuilt? Why not one driver who has the F1 experience to challenge for the title (JPM, Kimi, Alonso), and then one superstar driver to spark the interest in the US?

How about...

Jeff Gordon?

Flame away..