Who else has a problem driving too fast? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Who else has a problem driving too fast?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sherpa23, Jan 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    @Julio,
    I totaly agree with you; well said, respect!

From somebody who IS USED in driving top-speed with Ferraris on German-Autobahnen since many years!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

2. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Problem is, we laugh about it, but its not like the cops will grin and just write you up; speeding on public roads is now viewed by many of our lawmakers and citizens as a public menace, and woe unto you should something bad happen while travelling at hyperspeed. I am not making any moral judgements here; i like the thrill of speed as much as the next guy, but our "habit" is regarded as a serious crime and is increasingly being treated as such by law enforcement and the judicial system. I am actually giving thought to buying something that gives me the visceral thrill at lower speeds for street driving (read: old fashioned open-topped sportscar), and spending my time on tracks where the risks and penalties are more in keeping with the spirit of what we all enjoy. And, yeah, a turbo 'busa is pretty insane. Even a regular Gixxer is enough to smoke most anything; mod'ing the big one is only for those who can really ride or have a death wish.

3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

That's for sure. You'll never see me on one of those.

4. saiid

saiid Karting

Jan 6, 2004
    London, UK
    I'm with you on that one. I just can't resist, so I don't drive much anymore. I'm just way too weak to resist. And driving right around the clock is bad. I know that..

So, when you realise that you are lying to people about how fast you have driven on the roads (oh, I've only been up to 90-100mph), i.e. you are hiding it or you start justifying it (roads were empty/clear day/etc.), you are actually displaying some pretty unhealthy symptoms I think.

Any pyschiatrists (sp?) on here?

5. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    allanlambo,
    I did something similar on my zx-10.
    I rode from luke airforce base to amarillo texas in under 13 hrs that's stopping for gas every 1hr 30 min, and eating along the way. It was 970 some miles, I was on my way to philadelphia and then back three weeks later. On the way back I rode from Albequerque at 8 am and got to luke afb at 1:15 p.m.

6. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Whart there is no moral judgement to make. There is nothing wrong with driving fast. PERIOD. There is nothing wrong with skiing, rollerblading, jetskiing, cycling fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fact that other humans who happen to wear blue costumes and black dresses have their own agenda is their problem. You know ,whart, as a lawyer you don't have any more say than anybody else. In fact if you want to make this a popularity contest most people have 0 respect for your trade including the political ones in black dresses. Instead of being cowered by some controlling types who put their nose where it doesn't belong why don't you argue against it.
    If some history majors come from a perspective of driving geo's and lumina's that can't corner or speed then they should not. But because any group anywhere comes to some decision about anything means nothing to me. I will do it taking the best precautions to avoid the HS grads with attitudes.
    T

7. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 1:30 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I understand Amars was a FOC Registered member in the UK. I think a minute silence should be given in respect to Amars and Jens at the UK National Concours on Sunday 06/07. What do you all think ????

I assume some of you don't remember this and for those of you who were here maybe you don't care. So these 2 guys hooked up in Germany at the track to open up their Fcar and they both got killed . It's to bad that a few of you on this thread will end up the same way. Lets hear it for your wife and kids so make sure the insurance is paid so they won't feel so bad. Bye Bye

8. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    When did you stop to post your lambo nonsense on 6 other forums if you were only stopping for gas.

So the internet was troll free for 13 hours? Bummed I missed it.

9. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Gee, racerx: Didn't mean to make you mad. Also didn't get your statement about a popularity contest. Are you trying to say that, as a lawyer, i must believe my views as to the current state of the law should determine what you, personally, should do? Far from it. If you choose to race on the streets, i'm hardly in a position to stop you. But why ask me to advocate it? Just out of curiosity, have you reached adulthood or are your hormones still raging? BTW, if the group that happens to make a decision about you is a jury, it will affect your life, like it or not. Let's just hope you hire a good lawyer.

10. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Everyone play nicely now....oh, and move over, I am blinking to pass. :D