Who has ordered a GTO? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Who has ordered a GTO?

Discussion in '612/599' started by solowmodel, Apr 10, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Just had confirmation that my car will be delivered in 4 weeks. I will post pictures immediately... Can't wait...

Incidentally I've had lots of people call me to ask if I am selling. It looks like the car is getting hot in Europe...Surprisingly they were the same people who advised me not to buy it in the first place!!
    Naturally the car is not for sale...

2. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    :D:D:D

Only 4 weeks to go, exciting! What combo did you order?

Gr. Martin

3. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Same here ... already had some interested parties but she is not going anywhere other than my garage ...

On another note ... my car will be delivered with the grey rims instead of the black ones that I've ordered. It seems that there is a back log. The rim colour I ordered will be available as of June 24th 2010. Anyone else heard about this?

4. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
  5. fonzie

fonzie Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Andrea

Actually when I configured my car back in April, they told me that the black ribs were not ready yet as an option and that my choice of black ribs could generate a delay in delivery time. I went for black ribs and so far my car is scheduled (fingers crossed) for end of June beginning of July. I will keep you posted for any news.

6. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Thanks Fonzie. This pretty much confirms what they've told me. Seems like our cars may have spent some time together on the production line ;)

7. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Rosso Corsa with matt black roof (special order). Inside it has Scuderia seats in full black leather and red stitching (also special order as they don't do the middle part of the Scuderia seat in leather as standard) and red prancing horse with "GTO" logo on the headrest. Black rims and both 3-point and 4-point seatbelts (I prefer using the 4-point, but most people prefer the 3-point)
    It should look nice, but it may be too aggressive for some people...

8. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Very nice...wish we could order the special seats and 4 points in US...not allowed :(

9. SoCCieBon

SoCCieBon F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Anybody heard of the monocoque option? They expect it to deliver from september..599xx seats....mmm

Also the little wings as on the 599XX will be an option at the end of the year...;)

10. TrojanHorse

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Haven't a clue on the option but I have Sept production slated? But like with many little extras...roll bar, special gto carbon seats, 4 points, etc, uncle sam says...

I DON'T WANT YOU!!

As for the wings, they look cool on xx but unless its a full time track thrasher, I'm not so sure they work--at least athestically. Your thoughts?

11. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    I tried the XX seats out at the factory and frankly you would not want them for road use - after 5 minutes I wanted to get off them

As for the wings - I really dont see how Ferrari can sell a car with those. They wont conform to any safety standards.
    However as an aftermarket option - then they could work and I'll have them please

12. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Winglets Please.

13. TrojanHorse

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #188 TrojanHorse, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    Actually, I agree on the seats...but also tried special gto seats at factory and it would be nice to HAVE those and various other options :)

14. fonzie

fonzie Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Andrea

Mine was one of the first GTO orders. Unfortunately, taken by enthusiasm, I asked for too many personalized items (such as the GTO logo rather then the Ferrari one on the doors and other tiny modifications) that I suspect will take ages to do!! Hope it will arrive for the summer (ferrari shut down in August) so to enjoy it with the sun!!

15. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Ditto. I already had the order set up before the buzz started on F-chat ;) I guess you as well. I decided not to personalise it as much as my HGTE (still had some things added to it). Yours may have taken a bit of a delay as a result of the details you put into it. Having said this ... my car was in the test phase as of May 17th and it stayed there for a long time. It may very well be that delays are caused by other factors than personalisation. They are now moving heaven and earth to get my car at the dealer on time for my birthday :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping you'll get it this summer ...

PS: GTO logo on the doors ... sounds interesting!!

16. solowmodel

solowmodel Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2009
    Seoul, London, VA
    Full Name:
    WK
    Asian deliveries take so much longer :(

17. fonzie

fonzie Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    yes, I meant GTO logo in the door sills. Fingers crossed for your birthday, BTW what a nice present! ;-)) Hope that our cars will meet again...maybe south of France!

18. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    GTO logo's in the door sills ... why didn't I think of that ;) Can't wait to see pics of it.

Who knows our cars may meet again ... South of France would be nice :) I may bring her down later in July. If I do so, I'll let you know.

19. SoCCieBon

SoCCieBon F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I am also not sure if I will like them. But I like to see it, especially if it will be an option.

Also my thoughts.

What I don´t like at this point is that the "early birds" ( let´s say our loyal and most respected clients/customers ) are missing possible future options due to delay of developments etc. We still don´t know if these options will be available aftermarket and if so, for at least double price. I don´t like this strategy from a factory who says that they are selling dreams...

20. TrojanHorse

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Agreed...I signed off on my final spec yesterday. If I'd have thought (or known about) this idea, I'd have done it, too...simple, excellent addition.

Oh well...its now red 10, and so what I've ordered is what I get :)

21. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    At some point one has to draw a line and go with it. There will always be other items other people thought of but that is what makes the cars unique. All will be very different.

I'm sure you will be very happy with what you've ordered :)

22. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    I cant wait to start seeing your cars once delivered. Its a true pleasure to see everyones unique style and personal touch to their cars. And the GTO is one special car.

23. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Today I was driving at about 180 km/h (approx 110 mph) in the left lane of the Autobahn München-Salzburg, when I saw a white Ferrari 599 with a dark blue stripe approaching fast in my rear view mirror. Of course I gladly cleared the left lane for him to pass and much to my surprise it turned out to be a 599 GTO!

Of course I tried to keep up with it, since this beauty is still a very rare sight on the road. I was lucky, since traffic got a bit more dense, so I could stay behind the GTO for about 10 minutes. Then it left the Autobahn at a fuel station, so I could get a closer look on the car while it was getting filled up again. And not just I wanted to get a closer look, because an unmarked police BMW 5-series immediately turned and stopped behind the GTO (the car´s documents were then checked by the police).

All in all a very nice encounter, but very unfortunately I didn´t have a camera with me, so... no pictures. Sorry! :(

Ciao,

Lars T.

24. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Hi Lars,

Sweet. Thanks for sharing this with us.

What was the soundtrack like following it at those speeds :D?

25. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    I could hardly hear a thing since my wife was yelling at me all the time not to drive so fast (which of course I had to ignore, chasing a real GTO) :D

Ciao,

Lars T.