Who has received their 296 GTB now ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who has received their 296 GTB now ?

Discussion in '296' started by BG259, Jan 2, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It probably depends on the dealer - certainly they have to manage factory requirements (or even demands), but it's up to them to balance with how they treat their customers.

Dela, Tamahal and gzachary like this.
  2. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    May want to contact corporate. Your dealer is giving you the run around. Unless you’ve received your allocation you can change your spec and you can also cancel your order. What dealer?

Thecadster, Tamahal and Cadeaux like this.
  3. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    I don’t wanna say it here bc I don’t want issues but I tried to cancel my 296 and the salesman gave me this run around about how if I cancel I will be the first and they will lose the allocation and they don’t wanna discuss it. I just honestly don’t even feel like a customer there, mind you this is my first “order” from this dealer but they have $10k on deposit for each of the 296 and 296 gts but when I saw the purosangue reveal I reached out to my salesman who asked me many times if “I wanted to build my profile” by ordering/buying other cars and he texted me back what basically was an automated response I was shocked that this guy couldn’t take 2 seconds to text me but sent a copy paste
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    So when I built my gtb it was October 2021. I asked in maybe February if I could change the paint. He told me if I changed the spec it would push my build back alot. I was kinda confused on why as the thing wasn’t even built yet. When I built it originally there was no pricing then I got the build calculator later and it was like $500k nearly with paint $32k and I had no idea assetto fiorano didn’t include the stripe and that was $23k more. It was all over the place with what the salesman told me in October 2021 on guesstimates vs the final calculator and when I wanted to change I was told it would cause a delay. Honestly I have a couple Porsche and a few lamborghini . I really was sold on the 296 when I first saw the vid and “fun to drive” bc not sure if you’ve driven an aventador, I have 2 including an sv and “fun to drive” isn’t a thing they’re great cars but not tossable. I got to test the 296 last summer and it’s an amazing car but dealing with the dealer and Ferrari is just too much. I just went to nyc with lamborghini and got my lb744 contract signed from the dealer for sticker and never signed anything about not being able to sell it. Ferrari made me sign something about not selling for 1 year except to them? Silly stuff, joke is on them as the last few sf90 on bat a few did not even get to sticker. Ferrari just has a pretty arrogant tone to them. I think going forward I want to stick with Porsche and lambo they’re a lot more friendly with customers who aren’t “the vips” I know $480k isn’t the most expensive car in earth but my dealer really has a way of making you feel like you’re buying a c class with the masses

danielinCO2 and ryalex like this.
  5. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Unfortunately this isn’t the first time I’ve heard this. But I love the cars

Cadeaux likes this.
  6. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    Sorry you had this experience. I had the same with Lambo. The cars are still amazing though so maybe don’t give up yet and try another dealer?

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #32 ryalex, Jan 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  8. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    From my limited exposure to buying cars with Ferrari, this isn't how things work behind the scenes.

1. Like Porsche, Ferrari dealers enter your request to the factory order request process. Porsche, for example, calls it V070 - Order Demand released for Order. I.e. "I have a customer that would like this model and spec." Entering this phase usually includes details about you as the customer so the factory/corporate has access to who you are. What each manufacturer does with that information is typically not public knowledge.
    2. Ferrari will issue allocations, like any other manufacturer, to each dealership. The allocation volume can depend on past sales performance, rewards for pushing orders on specific models, regional market strategy, etc. Sometimes allocations are delivered with Ferrari indicating that the allocation must go to a specific client or pre-existing order belonging to a specific client. This means if a VIP didn't attend the 296 GTB VIP launch event in Maranello nor did they scramble to email or call their dealer when the 296 GTB announced and they ended up being #10, #20, #50 or whatever at their local dealer, Ferrari corporate can essentially help them 'cut' in line
    3. Dealers generally manage own order/demand list and track who was first etc however they choose. As open allocations are deployed to them, they have their own system for how they choose to attach the factory order requests from (1) to an allocation. The factory order requests from (1) simply tell the manufacturer what demand looks like. There are some guidelines that dealers follow before they place a factory order request to avoid send false information to the factory that could overindex demand to one region.
    4. Between steps (1) and (3), you can change the order that's in the Ferrari system as much as you please. That said, I've found that historically, entry of spec information into the Ferrari system is laborious, antiquated, and somewhat error-prone. Ferrari salespeople therefore prefer NOT to touch an order or constantly tweak it until they have attached it to an allocation. This is only because the time spent doing that could be time they could be devoting to another client with an order that has finally received an allocation -- read: pay day is coming.
    An interesting perspective that my salesperson shared with me is that working at Ferrari is interesting because you are truly looking for customers that are in it for a long term relationship. From the moment you place an order demand release for them, it easily takes 1-2+ years before you get paid for that sale if you can retain it. It's almost like individual Restricted Stock Units or RSUs on a 2 year vesting period, if you think about it. As people come and go, it's easy for that sale to disappear and another salesperson or sales manager to snatch it up for a big whale. With Ferrari's policy of new Ferrari purchase having to originate within a reasonable proximity to the dealership, online sales of new car orders is rare, making the market prone to dealer manipulation.

Anyway, @Cadeaux, as someone who was very frustrated for a while with the process of getting a new Ferrari, I can sympathize with your story. I do think there are really great sales people out there that will help you get the car of your dreams. Where I live, there are a few great sales people at Ferrari Silicon Valley that have been good to work with over the years. I have also had a great experience with Ferrari of Houston working with Ryan Doho (@RyanFoH) & Craig Becker (who uses Ryan's FChat account from time to time). Hope you make your way back to Ferrari at some point. I am, by no measure, a VIP.

Tamahal, RyanFoH, paulchua and 5 others like this.
  9. ggencer

ggencer Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    G.G.
    That kind of stuff is probably true with all Ferrari dealers… they make you wait, they make you option the car more than you really want, they make you sign a first right of refusal agreement. These are all pain in ass but they know that they are selling you something with a higher demand than other cars that you might sell for profit or at least wouldn’t lose a penny after driving for a while and they play it according to that…

paulchua likes this.
  10. This is the dark side of Ferrari dealers selling "new" cars at only MSRP.

Whether it's an outright ADM (Porsche) or dealer "required" options (Ferrari), dealers make out no matter what.

Personally, if I have to pay a mark-up on a car, I would rather just pay it directly (ADM) than have to work around shenanigans and still pay more for the car than I would otherwise want and be stuck with options that I either (1) don't want or (2) want but would never actually spec.

11. Tsachi458

Tsachi458 Karting

Dec 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tsachi man
  12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    How exciting! Congratulations!

paulchua, gzachary, RamsHmb and 2 others like this.
  13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Caeruleus11, kenguru and Tsachi458 like this.
  14. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    Tsachi458, ryalex and jm2 like this.
  15. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    I got mine 3 weeks ago as well

Caeruleus11, ryalex, gzachary and 3 others like this.
  16. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  17. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    it's pay to play with ferrari and they won't make you feel welcome unless you're spending a lot of money with them, that's the game

it's all designed to get you to spend as much money as possible

when supercars go EV only then you'll have no trouble getting a slot though and ferrari will be forced to have to bring good customer orientated service back

18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ya but flipside is you'll have to be crazy to buy one. EV's are like smart watches. You wouldn't buy a gold one for $30k. They're for function and utility not emotion or pizazz .

LVP488, willcrook and ryalex like this.
  19. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Honestly, you shouldn't buy a Ferrari. You should probably stick to Lambo and Porsche.

RyanFoH likes this.
  20. Gabmar

Gabmar Rookie

May 11, 2014
    Ontario
    Congratulations, your car looks great!

DefunctNeurons and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. ATLBond

ATLBond Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    SR
    With ADM you may get freedom to do whatever but the dealer has already taken the profit you might get in flipping the car. With Ferrari you are at least getting some value in the form of additional options.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

DQSF likes this.
  22. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Only folks in the US that have gotten cars had them flown over which cuts about 3 months (maybe more) off of delivery

DQSF likes this.
  23. ATLBond

ATLBond Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    SR
    U mean vinyl wrap. PPF is the thin transparent film for just paint protection.

24. ATLBond

ATLBond Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    SR
    Congratulations. Very similar to mine coming in a few weeks. Would u consider glossy black vinyl on roof and glossy black powder coating for the wheels or do u like it as is? I am thinking of doing both these but my family says decide after u c the car in person as it looks spectacular as-is. Thoughts?!! Now that u have the car.

25. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    what options did you select?