Who is a FOC member? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Who is a FOC member?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by sletti, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What your FOC member status

1. Not a FOC member

2. Used to be a FOC member

3. Am thinking of becoming a FOC member

4. Already a FOC member

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Im FOC member and not been to any functions etc yet, im on the Silverstone Trackday and hope to meet a few fchatters there.

Ill reserve my comments until i try out some of the meets etc...!!

joe

2. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Hey Joe,

Did you loose your shirt in LV?

3. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Steve,

I think you're being a trifle disingenuous in suggesting that no members of the FOC have been members of other clubs and know no better! I do think the FOC is very well run and all the events are very efficiently and professionally organized. I have been a member since 2000, but I understand from those who've been around longer that things are vastly improved to how they were before Peter Everingham took over as club secretary.

I hope you do feel inspired to put pen to paper on a few articles for the magazines. I, for one, look forward to reading them. I think you make an entirely valid point about the membership fee, but not one I can answer. The FOC have just recently published last year's accounts (as you will probably have seen). As I understand it the colour magazine just about breaks even. I guess, therefore, the question in relation to that might be how can other car clubs publish their own colour mags, presumably to a similar technical quality, at a lesser price. As far as the rest of the fee goes I don't know all the costs involved or where the FOC has costs that other clubs don't. I'm assuming we are talking similar membership numbers as I guess a bigger quantity of members would equal a cost reduction.

As I've said, I didn't think last year's Concours/National Meet was a letdown, but I suppose the turnout of older cars was slightly disappointing - down to the owners, not the club organization - and I would be quite happy if there was a bigger trade turnout (I have asked what determines the number of trade stands and I'll post answer when I get it). What do others think?

Jonathan