who is the youngest and oldest ferrari owner here? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

who is the youngest and oldest ferrari owner here?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Prowler, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    YEA TOM, MARTIN IS AN OLD COCKER :)

BOUGHT MY 1ST F-CAR AT 40, 3 YEARS AGO!!!

2. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    I bought my F355 Spider at 27. I could have picked it up when I was 26 (Pre December 10th) but I was on holiday and I liked the idea of the 27 Gilles Villeneuve/Jean Alesi Formula 1 number link!

I paid for it when I was 26 though! I still worry about it. (It was only a month or so ago!)

Ed

3. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    I thought I was doing good buying my first Ferrari at age 27, now 30. But at age 20, wow.

4. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Hey mondial85, I love your story and aparent work ethic. I might have some work for you comming up if you travel a little, my place is down by Nashville, In.
    Call me, Bill 616-893-1684. Thanks.

p.s. Where are you a student?

5. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    Quote: "p.s. Where are you a student?"

Doing my undergrad work in business admin. (Finance major) at the University of Dayton, a private catholic college in ohio. Think i'll go to UCLA or Standford to get my MBA but thats another year away.

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I am 43 and will have my car when I am 44....maybe 45...it all depends on if I can find the right TR..............in yellow of course.............Bruce Welington are you listening ?

7. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    YES KDS, IM HERE.

NFS.............:)

BRUCE

8. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

So does that mean you're out of the landscaping?

9. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Anyone who gives their kid a hgh hp car when they get their liscense doesn't like their children, cause they are going to kill themselves with a 360 a z06 or anything rwd with power

10. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    Quote: "So does that mean you're out of the landscaping?"

Its something just I do in the spring/summer. I do it from April 30-September 1 and have employees do it the rest of the year. Its not a long term career option though. This coming summer will probably be my last...gotta go to grad school and get a really good job!

11. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    not the questions asked, but I'll put my father down for the longest continuous Ferrari ownership; he bought his in 1960 at age 25. Still owns the same Ferrari 43 years later . . .

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Bryanp. I am the same age as your Dad's Ferrari. But,I'll bet that his car is in better shape than I am.:) I am the same as Bruce. I got my '81 308GTSi 3 years ago when I was 40. Almost got a Ferrari a couple times before. But,If I did,would have probably lost it in my Divorce in 1999.(Don't you just HATE to see those ad's..."Must Sell...getting Divorced") Bummer!!! Then,another time,I was thisclose to getting one,but,the car just wasn't right,so,as hard as it was,I passed,(thankfully!) Then,I made it my mission to get it by the time that I was 40.(I did,but,turned 41 a month later!) Now.looking to add a Testarossa this year.

13. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    I bought my first serious car, a BMW 735i when I was 19, and my first Porsche, a 300hp 928S when I was 21, since then have owned 5 BMs 4 Porsche, and many other cars from Saab turbo to present RRover and DeTomaso Pantera( the car some ferrari guys look down on!)
    Will buy a Ferrari this year too, V12 most likely
    steve

14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I was obsessed with getting a Mondial or 308 this summer, but the winter thing and lack of garage made me buy more of a winter-capable car (rare time in my life I succumbed to reason over passion). So, I'm holding off until I'm 26 in '06.

15. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    In general, inherent to Ferrari ownership (or other exotic marques like Lambo, Jag, BMW,etc) is some element of "success" in life. Bought my 328 when I was 38, so it even impresses me a lot to hear people purchase their first Fcar at a MUCH younger age...like quite a lot of you guys here.

16. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Don't have one, but I hope to have one by 25.

I'm 18 now.

17. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    To all the young Ferrari owners:

Can I ask what you pay for your insurance and with whom? I'm thinking of buying my first Ferrari sometime soon (I'm 20), but I'm worried that the insurance will be really ridiculous.

18. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    I almost bought a Ferrari 355 but I got a Porsche Turbo x-50 instead. Can't wait to own a Ferrari though. I'm 21.

19. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    I have AAA.
    It is cheaper then when I had my BMW.

20. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    Quote: "To all the young Ferrari owners: Can I ask what you pay for your insurance and with whom? I'm thinking of buying my first Ferrari sometime soon (I'm 20), but I'm worried that the insurance will be really ridiculous."

In the winter I dont have full coverage on the ferrari becasue I rarely drive it (espically since Im in college in a different state). I only have full coverage in spring and summer so that cuts the insurance cost down A LOT. Its still kinda expensive...a 20 year old driving a red ferrari convertible.

21. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    It looks like I'm out. I just bought my F355b at 28. That's okay, though. I am glad to lose to guys like Casey. At 20, that really puts me way out of the competition. I never would have thought.

22. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    BRUCIE BABY,
    COCKER? OLD COCKER??? PERHAPS YOU ARE RIGHT. HOWEVER THERE IS PLENTY OF LIFE LEFT IN THIS OLD COCK ER!
    REGARDS

23. udalmia

udalmia Guest

well dont know how to phrase this

the easiest way would be - my dad's buying the ferrari and im going to drive it. My dad's not a BIG car fan, he enjoys his driving though but he is purchasing the ferrari on my recommendation and sending it to college with me for a while at least. My dad is 42 and I'm 20

24. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That's one of the things I really like about F-chat: many young owners who have work ethic and/or ingenuity, and the young non-owners are determined and goal setting. Guys like Casey, F360@20 and DropGems shock the heck out of me - and they reaffirm my belief that America really is the best place for entrepreneurs.

And hey, if you get help from your old man, well, more power to you! I'd do it if I could - but in my case I might not have pushed myself as hard as it IS my goal I'm working towards (it's kind of a side-marker to my progress, in a sense). So Udalmia, better be earning some A's!!

25. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    Quote: "sending it to college with me for a while at least."

BAD idea. I had my mercedes on campus for about a week before someone decided it would look better with a big rock on the hood. I would never park my ferrari on a college campus, espically on the weekends. College students can do really stupid stuff, espically when drunk. Lots of students are still really imature and most have never owned any property themselves so they don't have any respect for other peoples. We have a weekly crime report at my college and every week there are lots of car vandalism reports. Seems like the nicer the car, the more at risk it is. I know its so tempting to drive that car to school and be a bigshot, but you'll regret it if you do.