Who is.............. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Who is..............

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by kizdan, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ah, the sixties. Yeah, have to admit I don't know much about that time (nor the fifties for that matter). Will read up on him.

Pete, what do you mean that F1 drivers are not allowed to drive sports cars? I never heard that. It is unusual, but is it outlawed? Last driver I remember was Bellof whom we lost at Spa.

Derek Daily? Yeah, I like him a lot. Not sure he was more talented than Nigel though. Had one of the most scarry accidents in St. Devote. Those pictures are in my head forever.

I was lucky one day to listen to him as a guest speaker about F1 and it was one of the best talks I've ever heard on the topic. Quite a brilliant mind. And a nice chap.

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    In the old days F1 drivers used to turn up at say Silverstone and race in an F2 car, a saloon car and then the F1 race, and in Pedro's time not only were they contracted to their F1 team they also raced sportscars during the season in that same year. Thus we as spectators were able to see their skill demonstrated heaps more, than simply F1 races.

Moss in particular used to (and still does) race anything. Sometimes more than 5 races in a single day ... including his F1 race!. I even watch Moss race a VW Golf in New Zealand in a 12 hr (or 6 hr?) production car race. Admittedly he had well and truely finished his F1 career by then.

I think the F1 contracts exclude them from doing anything else, except playing lap dog, etc. for their F1 team ... talk about prostitutes :).

Also ...

:). I have to agree that Mansell is overrated by most (especially the British, but you cannot blame them for that :)), but I will give up huge credit for giving it a big go ... unlike todays steerers, who just go round and round and accept mediorcy (spelling?).

Agree 100%, but you will never get a company to risk it's advertising dollar that way ... again why sponsorship (Colin Chapman's main influence on motorsport) is killing the sport!

I think many of the drivers are getting to F1 too easy and not having to learn how to 'race' in lower formulaes, thus they get to F1 without having the necessary racing driver skills ... and again just circulate not realising that racing is about taking risks and having BALLS!

Pete