Who made flip filler caps for pre-1970 Ferraris? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who made flip filler caps for pre-1970 Ferraris?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by BodyByScaglietti, Aug 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    You do take perfection to the ultimate. I don't know why I say this but my only, and mean only, concern is the rear end. Everything seems to be being beautifully created to the period except for the rear axle. I would prefer to see a live axle wth leaf springs and Houdeille or lever action shocks.In any case please keep us posted on your progress and keep the pictures coming. just one man's opinion tongascrew

2. BodyByScaglietti

Aug 14, 2009
    Hemet, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Scott Parker
    Thanks for the positive words of constructive critisism.

When this project began, those were the parts on budget and thus remained until today. I agree with you fully about the rearend; maybe when I can afford to actually put a Columbo or Lampredi motor in something, I will manage the proper running gear as well, ha! My car will hopefully be a good '20 footer' for those in the know to scratch their heads as to who and when it was built. That has been my goal for THIS car. Next time.....

I have a long weekend coming up so hopefully will be able to make a good push with some visible progress.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the encouragement!

Scott

3. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi, just an idea. How about an early jaguar XK 120/140/150 rear end. I think the whole package is available,axle,springs shocks etc from a vintage Jag parts supplier. Just Google Jaguar. they are listed there. I really have no complaints about the engine you are using. The overhead for going Ferrari for the running gear is astronomical and unreliable.If nothing else, I assume you want something that, when done, can be considered something of a "daily driver". just one man's opinion tongascrew

4. Ferranki

Ferranki Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Ken
    nice job!

5. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    This looks like a great special.

I don't quite follow some of the suggestions to alter the suspension. The only reason I'd change it would be if it didn't work.

I'm curious you call it a 212/250 style car as it looks pretty much like a 250SWB to me, or is there some major difference I'm missing.

The performance will be electrifying! Please keep posting your progress and let us know where if it's not in the Ferrari section.