Who owns the silver 400SA at the Frist art museum in Nashville? | FerrariChat

Who owns the silver 400SA at the Frist art museum in Nashville?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by bitzman, Sep 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    There are three Ferraris in the 19-car exhibit curated by Ken Gross. Who owns the 250GTO is in the captions of the program (Bernard Carl) as is the Tre Posti owner (Chinetti) but I could only find a comment about the 400SA that it was ordered by the Riva boat family. Anybody know it's SN?

Story on the display is on **********.com. In a one line summary--it was an impressive display, some very rare cars picked...I think I even barn found one of 'em...(the Bitz)

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Wally, I'm not sure which silver 400 SA you're referring to, but the dark blue car originally destined for the Riva family (and shown on the museum's website here) is 4271 SA of Bernie Carl.

The silver cars exhibited, one of which you may have somehow confused for a Ferrari 400 SA, are:

Alfa Romeo BAT 9
    Chrysler Ghia "Gilda"
    Cunningham C3 (two-tone silver and dark blue)
    Bizzarrini 5300 Strada

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Show had a segment on the exhibition, featured the 3 B.A.T. cars and Stratos concept car. Should be available on-line by now.