Who remembers this poster...? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Who remembers this poster...?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Rosey, Aug 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Klink is offering more than a steak.

Maranello550 likes this.
  2. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    In Black dress thongs, blue scurro king gee shorts and a blue singlet???...:)

3. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    BJ's ?????????? CAAAAAAAAAAAARL!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Maranello550 likes this.
  4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Well yes, if it was a choice between a 308 glass car versus a 328 I can understand that most (not me because I love 328's) but most would keep the 308.
    I get that.
    I was just making the point that a 328 is not an unloved, red headed stepson in the world of Ferrari, many treasure them like their firstborn.

5. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I've just had an email from friends flying out of HK to Europe today - their flight was cancelled (originally QANTAS) and they were moved to another carrier (don't know which but suspect Emirates as they're now on their way to Dubai) and estimated landing time is less than an hour later than original schedule. They spent their 4 days mostly out of the city areas (Lantau, Macau) and otherwise in restaurants and bars close to their hotel. Not an ideal stopover, but not a huge disaster. They were very impressed by the polite protesters when they arrived last Saturday night.

6. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I love all my children, as well as all of the Ferrari models :)

Except for the ones Steve and Gary own :p

7. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Racist.....:)

Its328 and Steve355F1 like this.
  8. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would rate the 400GT auto behind the 412 and 400i manual. From a desirability perspective carbs & manual transmission is best, carbs & injection next best. Then auto and injection followed by auto and carbs in last place.
    M

9. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

He doesn't play well with other children. I can't believe you haven't picked up on that :p

10. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yep, every manual better than any auto.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Don't even think about it. You already own the perfect car for you, all you need to do is keep the racing for the track ;)

Maybe you should buy a McLaren if you really want to trade up ....................... (runs)

12. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    +456

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Old and new both have their charms and though very different, both are fun to drive. I must say though, the older I get the less inclined I am to put up with the reliability and usability of the older cars. Having just spent 4 years and big $ on a full mechanical rebuild of my 308, there is no way in hell I would buy any OHOS, no matter how desirable it may be. All those shiny and gorgeous old ****ters on display in marble palace dealerships would secretly be hiding a vast and expensive array of problems under those shiny paint jobs. Unless you are a total masochist it just isn't worth the time and trouble to bring them back to life.

14. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes I tend to agree with this. I think it was a mistake to shut down the airport, and I'm getting worried that this will not end well at all.

15. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Poor Greg.....:)

greg246 likes this.
  16. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

17. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

At the time I just liked buying stuff :p

I'm pretty sure PP bought his 328 just to prove that idiot Phil wrong......... again. Of course PP did prove him wrong quite comprehensively and documented it all on the web if anybody wants an amusing read :D

There is nothing wrong with a 328 and if I'm ever asked about a 1st Ferrari to buy it's usually the model that I recommend for the reasons that you state. I'm just giving my impression of the range as a current owner of a glass car and a former owner of a 328. I've also driven the entire 308 range over the years so I think I've got a pretty good range of experience.

Rosey likes this.
  18. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice.

That is a great colour. I remember when the 348 first came out there was a review in Motor magazine and the car was that colour.
    I lost count of the number of times I read that, and I decided if I ever got a Ferrari I wanted that colour.

Obviously sanity prevailed and I got red...

19. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    360C likes this.
  20. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Carl kicked it out of bed about a year ago now. Tim at Black Stallion did a full engine rebuild and a bunch of other stuff to finish off the massive list of "issues" the car had. It has just had it's "running in service" and drives better than it has ever done in my memory.

Re McLaren, Ferrari did me a favour by informing me of my "unworthiness" to buy the new Ferrari of my choice. After owning a dozen or so Ferraris over a period of 30yrs and being as "one-eyed Ferrari" as your good self, I was initially pretty annoyed; but it gave me the opportunity to try the oppositions products.
    Surprise, surprise Ferrari is behind the 8 ball in many respects. They still make the best engines; but in just about every other aspect the opposition are as good or more often than not, better.................. and they don't treat their customers like muppets.

I bought a McLaren 675LT Spider as you know. Haven't looked back and am looking forward to buying the 720 LT version down the road......
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 1322382

Maranello550 likes this.
  21. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Wow!!!
    How awesome to have that pair, in that colour combo in the garage at the same time!!!
    That would do me right now forever :p
    Hope you ate up that Pants-tearer :D

22. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Back in the day the waiting list on a Testarossa was something in the order of 5yrs unless you had inside connections. My Father put in an order in 1984 and took delivery at the factory in 1989. We had a very long time to consider colour choices and Blue Chiaro was a colour that was used in the sales brochure of the 328 when it was released. Imagine waiting 5 years for a car to be delivered these days!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

phrogs, Maranello550, Rosey and 4 others like this.
  23. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I enjoy the journey of sorting out an OHOS. Once done, I tend to get bored, move it on and start all over again. I do the same in other areas of my life, I find creating order out of chaos very gratifying

Maranello550 likes this.
  24. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Is that PP in the first pic?

25. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Hahahahaha ........ no thanks, I see McLarens all day going past the window at work, they seem to be to "manufactured" for me ..... a alot are on the back of flat tops but then the service shop is just around the corner :)