wHo sAys yOu nEeD a rEaL fErRaRi tO pIcK uP hOt cHiCs | Page 5 | FerrariChat

wHo sAys yOu nEeD a rEaL fErRaRi tO pIcK uP hOt cHiCs

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LAMAROSSA, Nov 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    To each his own, but the thread title does say "hot".. IMO, they don't qualify.

It's not like he's posting pics of Giselle Bundchen & Heidi Klum polishing his knob in the backseat of the Lamarossa- they're just garden-variety women posing with him at a club. Now if the former situation was true, I think he'd have some basis for saying that you don't "nEeD a rEaL fErRaRi tO pIcK uP hOt cHiCs".

-Chris

2. Hemiragtop

Hemiragtop Karting

Nov 5, 2004
    I happen to collect Muscle cars from the 60's & 70's and have been fortunate enough to acquire some of the most desirable Muscle cars ever to be produced. Due to the extremely low production figures and the outrageous prices they now command, majority of the cars I see at your local cruise night or "High end " show are clones or the more common muscle cars. Clones are not something that I personally am into but I never knock the person who owns them regardless if he thinks his car is as good as mine or better, in his mind it might be, but I'm secure enough to let that person enjoy his car without me humiliating him and knocking his choice in cars.
    P.S. One of the main reasons I ventured on to this site is because I have seen the Muscle car market, (especially Mopars) attract many collectors who look down upon your "average Joe" because he can't afford a Hemi Cuda. I was hoping a site like this wouldn't be infested with the same insecure type who feels the need to knock others.........but I guess I was wrong.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Well, I guess we're just not communicating, but what you read out of my post was not what I put into it.

In any case, have fun with whatever you decide to do with your automotive life.

4. barranr

barranr Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Herndon VA
    Full Name:
    Rod Barrand
    but this is not the car thread

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Lamarossa needs to meet up with the art car crowd, he will fit in with them for sure. His car has been discussed on so many automotive forums, I believe he would gladly welcomed into thier world.

6. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I never could understand how any of the musclecar crowd could act very hoity-toity considering that a hemi Cuda or Camaro is the same car as Grandpa's Cuda or Camaro with the exception of the engine. Some guys may bow down in hommage to a 1969 ZL1 Camaro, but it's the same basic car as the '67 Camaro with a 6 cylinder that I use to see being driven around my hometown by an older retired guy. All those musclecars are "explanation" cars. The owners have to EXPLAIN why they are worth so much more than the retired guy's 67 6 banger with a 3-on-a-tree column shifter. If a car can't speak for itself without a glowing "explanation", then what's the point?
    As for hemi cars, big deal. I've got a 392 hemi out of a '58 New Yorker stashed away in all my junk. Even if I had the entire car, nobody would give it a second glance compared to a 308 Ferrari. If you have to explain it, give it up. It's like the old say, "She's got a great personality." In other words, she's a dog.

7. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Again, we are not ragging on him because he doesn't have a Ferrari. The reason that this guy gets attacked is because he bastardized an old Toyota Supra in an attempt to pass it off as a Ferrari and claims that it is better and faster than a real Ferrari. I don't think that your "real" muscle car vs. "clone" argument is very valid here. A more fair comparison in Ferrari terms would be a Faure 250 GTO rebody of a 250 GTE, for example. Just like a muscle car clone, these cars start with a doner car of the same make and precisely replicate the coveted original to exacting specs. Although many collectors will scoff at these cars, most will never deny the loving attention to detail that goes into creating one. How would you react if someone pulled up to a Mopar show with a '75 Honda Civic with Hemi stickers all over it and said that it's better than your original?

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Exactly.

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It's FAVRE, you stupid, filthy ass princess...! :)

10. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Wrong-it is Favre :D

11. Hemiragtop

Hemiragtop Karting

Nov 5, 2004
    I would ignore him, not humilate him on a public forum.

12. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO, owned...! :)

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    John, i think the beef here is that Lamarossa has been here before; he doesn't come here on a regular basis and does not contribute to the forum... He merely comes here when he wants to stir the pot... & that's fine; there's nothing wrong with kicking up a little dust, but when that's ALL you do, you need to be prepared for the consequences...

i have no problem with Lamarossa or his car; i think it's great that he's got that much passion and i go against the grain with a lot of folks on this board when voicing that, but i haven't posted in here because Lamarossa is here SOLELY to chuck feces at the ceiling fan and we're not too fond of **** falling from above...

...at least not without a warning, first. :)

14. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I wasn't completely sure about that. I've seen them listed as both Favre and Faure on multiple occasions. Regardless of the spelling, I knew you guys would know what I was talking about.

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    WTF was that all about? Bad Carbon! Go sit in the corner. No NNO for you.

16. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Don't worry William. That's just Carbon's way of saying, "You know Augustine, I think that you may be mistaken on the spelling of that coachbuilding firm." Remember, Carbon and I are not only good friends but we are both from filthy, morally bankrupt Northeastern cities (NYC and Philadelphia respectively). We tend to speak to one another in a manner that would make most peep show janitors blush. We can't help it! ;)

17. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    also, him being from the bronx and you being a raving guido doesnt help much either. :D Is the car in storage till april augustine?

18. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

Raving guido? Do I really come off that way? LOL! I don't even think I look Italian!

Anyway, to answer your question: NO!!! I drive my car all year round. :)

19. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    no, you just look like a guy i knew when i lived up in New York who got arrested for being in the Gambino family. I should have clarified that.

Good for you, how does it handle in the snow?

20. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Lamorossa. Glad to see you were having fun in Hartford. Perhaps he did bash Ferraris in a past post...let it be allready...
    Also those girls dont look too bad from here. Im sure all of you posting are married to beauty queens. Should he lie to get girls ...no. And bragging here about it is asking for it i guess, but tell me at his age who here did'nt bend the truth some to impress a girl. Exactly

21. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    There's only one way to find out. ;)

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Speak to one another; not with, you tight-assed, dirty, underhanded, snaggletoothed sorry excuse for a loser...! :)

Morally bankrupt...! LMAO...!!!

Raving guido...! LMAO...!!!

It just gets better and better...! :)

23. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    I think I'm going to cry....

24. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner